Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

just tried it this Saturday.
Brief TR:
160lb male 6'2"
Took at 9:30 am.
50mg rectally in warm water.
Come up started quickly. Was +/- within 20 mins.

The comeup started to get really rough at about the 30 min mark. One of the worst comeups I have had in terms of nausea.

11:00 Nausea began to wane. Visuals started to become strong. I had a nervous energy and inability to sit still like I experienced with 2c-e in the past. If I put on music, I could sit still, otherwise I felt a strong need to move. This didn't go away until late in the afternoon.

12:00 Visuals were at the peak. Nausea was gone. Very colorful, when I looked at grass it looked blue/purple instead of green. Actually, everything looked blue/purple. Some of the most intense visuals I have ever had.

13:00 Visuals still strong. Nice, very clear headspace.

16:00 Visuals and headspace began to return to normal

Barely any sleep that night.
Was pretty scattered on Sunday, although the lack of sleep might account for that by itself.
Minor tracers remained until Sunday night.

6'4'' 185 on empty stomach I ingested 30mg, waited 30 minutes, added another 10mg, after two hours I still felt only minor shiftings, took a final 10mg then embarked on a bike ride down a riverside trail. I stopped at a dock and watched boats for a good half hour before I started noticing the swirls in the docks wood seems to spin upon focusing. I headed home and put on some strong bangning tunes like Watsky and Spose. It took me to a dancing state of euphoria, felt very very involved with the beat, seemed to notice mathematical patterns in beats.. Partly chaotic visuals but little to no change in hues, moreso everything seemed to have a vibration or changing pattern layed over it. Slow come up, so titrate doses carefully. But while I felt a bit uneasy on the dock, the nausea was very bareable. Unfortunately things took an emotional turn and I ended up breaking up with my girl of 2+ years. It seemed like that was the main message I took away from it!

15mg oral (gel capsule)

onset: ~T+1:20-2:00

level: ++-+++

notes: colors/hues brightening, mydriasis, mild morphing and movement, little to no CEV formation, moderate diffuse jaw-clenchy euphoria/sense of well-being and mental stimulation, the faintest hints of nausea and body-strain. Happy to report that this material is very much active and malleable in this dose range, albeit somewhat generic and indistinct (as far as psychedelic phenethylamines go). Holds more promise for me than escaline but I find it difficult to see it superseding the desirability of the parent compound (mescaline), but it's good to have in the kit. Can see the nausea/bodyload scaling linearly with dose past this point. Based on this trial I would be willing to repeat at a higher dosage level (~35mg) at a later time. All in all, a pretty smooth ride I'd say. Not amazed, but impressed.

Last edited:
My birthday is approaching and I am zeroing in ordering this one, vendor's close enough to me it will take max 2 days to get it.

I already have some Proscaline but it is quite highly dosed (I have a single dose in a gelcap that had green food colouring put on), dose is 70mg which seems much. I'm a bit weary of anything not LSD.

So this stuff is active at around the same dose? So Methallylescaline at around 30mg is considered a medium/run of the mill experience? I rather keep cautious. Last time I had something that wasn't LSD psy-wise was a very badly planned 5-meo-mipt cap with 10mg in it (the bodily stimulation I had no idea what to do with became so unnerving I walked to the ER (live close to the hospital). Told em I had magic mushrooms and I was fearing for my sanity. Was given a 2mg ativan wafer and discharged with 2 more 2mg Ativans in a small brown envelope. It didn't kill the trip, but it made walking back during the sunrise really pleasant and I sat down on my porch looking at the rocks and garnets on the ground and I had a psychedelic show, visually, from 5-meo-mipt,which was really surprising, so with benzos I can endure the more rough on the body 5-substituted T's.

Phenethylamines are completely different,except if you think of (ew) DOB, DOM, DOI and DOC. I had many crazy but fun visual shows from 2c-b which was also sensual enough for me and the old lady to feel some euphoric going on the slightly erotic. Other than that I've had 2c-I, small dose, 13mg with 2g of shrooms at the same time, I mostly felt the shrooms, with a background party vibe from the 2c-I.

But never had anything related to mescaline like this. As long as it isn't overly stimulating, I'm on board. I love LSD because yeah, the first few hours might be almost hysterical to people not tripping (who aren't welcome when I am tripping, buzzkilling really exists, people who are so grounded to reality, anything they say seems mundane and meaningless and it bums me out). There shouldn't be anyone but me and my girlfriend. I made a Proscaline vs Escaline vs Allylescaline vs this one thread, but I guess the comparisons fly a lot already in their respective threads. Finishing my thought about LSD, after the first 2-3 hours, you get in a comfortable zone where just lying down on the couch and listening to music through headphones (quality ones). But also around T+7-8, I enjoy silence, well not true silence, but you notice all of the noises that your consciousness filters away since you are so used to them (fridge starting up and droning, massive desktop cooling system, all ceiling fans.

It happened before where I wanted complete silence, unplugged everything, even the fridge, it could endure 3-4 hours of not being plugged. Even removed the clock in the hallway, since my senses are so much stronger. That was just one trip though (on 'cid). Another time, I stopped the music and felt all of the ambient noise turn into one vibration pulse, it was really weird, if anybody ever played X-Com : UFO Defense, the 90's PC game, it would create the sort of pulse going on when the bastard martians manage to build a base on Earth and you go and infiltrate it.

If I can be assured my body won't have some extreme energy which I can't seem to do anything purposeful with, I'll want it.

Last edited:
Context: Healthy male in his mid thirties, 190bps, broad experience with a wide array of phenethylamines and tryptamines.
Setting: late August morning in the confines of my private rooms

This is my first normal-dose trial after consuming 1mg to screen for any adverse reactions and a session where I split the dosage into 10mg portions and gradually increased ingestion up to 35mg over its course.

t+0 ingested 37mg of methallylescaline in a glass of water after a healthy night of sleep.

t+30 first effects are felt - a plus one. These represent themselves in unspecific constant nerve ending activation in the limbs. Additionally hands and feet are getting a little sweaty. Pulse is at a comfortable 62 bpm.

t+50 the nerve activation has spread to the entire body and has the character of a light persistent non-pushy euphoria. Until now the experience is quite clearheaded. There are no particular changes in the visual field.

t+60 as thermoregulation seems to be affected and I´m starting to feel a bit cold despite the comfortable room temperature I decide to take a shower which feels wonderful.

t+70 a definite plus two. Text on screen appears a little brighter than usual. [edit: visuals would never progress much further than that. However I tend to screen out visuals quite easily.]

t+90 The whole experience feels quite energetic. I prefer pacing around in my room to lying in bed. This might be a hint of comeup anxiety which I tend to have on many compounds. Mucus production seems to be slightly accelerated as there are some urges to clear my throat and cough. There is no nausea to speak of.

t+100 The euphoric feeling is at a point where much more would start to feel uncomfortable. However at this intensity it is most pleasurable.

t+120 I can see how more sensible people could get stomach discomforts at this dosage. While still pretty clear headed, the browsing and reading of articles feels a bit harder than sober. There are some slight and unspecific CEVs not pinpointed to a certain theme. There was a steady linear progress in experience to at least this point. Pulse is at a still comfortable 81bpm [edit: it would not go over this mark for the length of the trip].

t+140 while the experience feels intense enough I doubt it would render itself as a hindrance in social interaction. Without being able to test it I would suspect there would be stronger empathy. There is some activation of the kidneys at this point. Ability to urinate seems unaffected. The experience until now feels quite anorectic.

t+420 there is a gradual decline in intensity starting at the fifth hour. Still feeling the effects at the seventh hour but considerably weakened now.
Time has been spent exploring the erotic, going for groceries and browsing the web. The intensity of orgasm was not affected as dramatically as I know it from compounds such as LSD or even 5-MEO MIPT or 2C-B. However, achieving orgasm felt natural and straightforward. This is a quality I cannot attribute to LSD where I tend to lose my focus and have troubles progressing until later in the trip when the intensity of the experience fades.

t+540 barely at a plus one. mild headache. Sleep would still be impossible at this stage.

t+600 basically the same as one hour before but more closely to baseline. I would compare this substance's progression to that of mescaline. It's has a pretty fast onset, plateaus at around the 2nd-3rd hour and then gradually declines from hour 5 onwards.

Summing up this trip: Methallylescaline produces a quite euphoric body high which stays for a very long time but lacks the "corpus" I've found with mescaline. By saying that I mean that a comparable dose of mescaline had more going on both on the mental as on the visual side (yet with only one trial this assumption might be premature). Mescaline felt more enveloping and possibly more prone to self reflection. This is not to say that the experience was light. In terms of dosage 37mg to me seemed plenty and I have no desire to up this dosage for subsequent runs. In general the experience was entirely positive and I suspect it to be very compatible with social settings. Nevertheless, as with mescaline, partaking in this kind of experience is something I would not want to do regularly.

So, the nauseous effect seems to be on par with actual mescaline.

Would taking 50mg or 100mg of Hydroxyzine (I'm used to it, it's my main all purpose antihistamine, it's rx only, but my doctor has no trouble scripting me a whole year of it. It's the best to beat nausea out there to me, certainly better than dimenhydrinate, benadryl or even our OTC Histantil (promethazine 50mg pills) up north here, kill the nausea for this?

I have 500mg coming and am pretty excited to finally test something close enough to mescaline, and if I like it, I'll be ordering others i've been hesitating for years to order (Escaline, Allylescaline, Proscaline).

People here taking wildly different doses. Let's say i'm a guy who's had acid 250 times, and has a lot of AL-LAD and 1P-LSD hits he got for free from other orders and haven't done them in 6 months, I keep them in a cool dry place, but I thought that if I'm doing this it's at an actual party with some old friends and not by myself, like back then, most of my trips were not alone. Last time I tripped alone was on 4-aco-dmt and the first time was great but after that, 25-30mg each times, the 3 other times were very negative in headspace with a lot of self-judgement, promises I made to myself I said I'd never break came to mind and other harsh stuff.

I've had 2c-b, 2c-I and 2c-E when it comes to phenethylamines, enjoyed all of them, although 2c-b was disorienting a but lol, the visuals had a wavy quality to them I never had from anything else, thankfully it was a short ride, 2c-I is a kind of ecstasy-lite and 2c-E is intense stuff I respect a lot where 19mg is awesome for me and 20mg is ego death. At least the Fear does not show up during ego death.

So yeah, dosage for a newbie to this class of mescaline analogs, especially this one methallylescaline since it's what it's in the mail for me and will hydroxyzine 50mg kill the nausea without altering the trip too much?

Here's my recent trip report on 65mg:

I had this experience while at home from college, when the air gets colder and the sun sets earlier (Sometimes I feel psychedelics can set the mood for a season). Recently, I had acquired a couple various research chems from a reputable vendor, and after reading up on methallylescaline upon seeing that they had stocked up on it, I knew I had to observe its effects. So after receiving my 250 mg bag (ended up being 260 mg thanks to the generous vendor) in the mail, I loaded up 4 capsules with around 65 mg each.

From the very limited information I had on the substance at the time, I managed to extract from scattered trip reports that I should expect a 12-16 hr trip, so I planned accordingly to dose relatively early in the morning on a nice day.

Here is my report of that day; collection of notes taken during and after experience:

>10:35AM - Dose 30 mg in water, substance dilutes almost immediately. Tastes bitter, but doesn't linger long. Not nearly as bad as DALT/NBOMes.
>10:48AM - Already feel early serotonergic come up signs; my brain feels strangely stimulated, jaw/muscles tightening slightly, I feel my face/particularly my nose starting to sweat. Light buzz.
>11:00AM - Come up signs are slowly becoming more evident, and feel very similar to LSD as far as physical side effects go. At this point I'm smiling wide and feeling giddy, however nothing is too apparent yet, I can only tell something's coming.
>11:20AM - Packed one bowl outside; This gave a particularly unique body high that reminded me slightly of the highs I used to get during my first days of smoking. Something is definitely effecting me at this point other than cannabis, but still not apparent.
>11:35AM - First visuals slowly start setting in. Artificial strands of neon-ish "light" subtly begin to imprint on my retina, similar to how bright lights "imprint" on your eyes if you look at them for too long. Line of sight seems to mellow ever so slightly. Definitely coming up.

Head feels stimulated (almost electric) as visuals increase, conversely my body is beginning to more sedated.

>11:45AM - Take rest of dose (35 mg) in capsule.
>12:00PM - Very pleasant body high, all objects appear slightly brighter, disproportionate, as well as foamy/light in texture. I was definitely having visuals at this point, however they weren’t at all overbearing for me. Felt like I was at a + + level, but again; not too intense.
>12:30PM - “Now feeling very energetic. I put on some Grateful Dead, and immediately felt in union with the rhythm and meaning of whatever song was on. When I hear lyrics, I tend to subconsciously contextualize them to my trip at that moment, as if the song was written for my trip somehow. This is unique to me, as the last time I experienced something like this was years ago with NBOMes. As far as visuals go, still just subtle light patterns in the corner of my eye, still waiting for my second dose to kick in.”
>12:45PM - “Walls/curtains start to breath ever so softly; not extremely so, but still evident. At this point my body feels fuzzy. Jaw/muscle pain seems to have faded into the background.”
>12:55PM - “Things getting more "dream-like"; I feel my head space expanding, my environment around me seems to be moving more fast paced, despite the fact that there might not be anything moving at all. Random objects/lights suddenly seem more salient; pulling in my attention for no good reason. Only slightly unsettling, yet interesting.”
>1:30PM - “My head is rushing, and I feel sort of anxious/jittery, but I don’t have a problem managing it at this point, it’s just there. I’ve noticed that my arms and legs have definitively become hypersensitive to ‘fine-tuned’ movements; they twitch and tremble(?) frequently, and if I keep my hands still they begin to shake.” This might’ve been due to the fact that methallylescaline is in the phenethylamine class; known for its affinity to agonize dopamine. Perhaps it raises dopamine levels in the substantia nigra similar to amphetamines and cocaine, effecting motor control.
>2-5PM - Up until 5PM, there were no new progressions significant enough to write about as the trip was happening, I teetered but never reached the + + + level. However around 2 PM I noticed a very introspective thought process emerge. I began to think about many things going on in my life, the trip, all the things concerning me that I usually didn’t want to think about, and began to really think about them subjectively, as well as objectively. Being completely alone with my thoughts in this introspective state definitively served me well, as it left with a strong sense of resolve, well after the trip had subsided. However, my entheogenicl thought process lasted only as long as the trip did. I still think this is interesting, as I’ve only felt similar thought patterns with a few other psychedelics, such as 25-B or LSD.

During this period, I still had steady, yet mostly subtle OEV’s; mostly just morphing in the corner of your eye, or shifts in color/light. At this dose, OEV’s were nothing incredibly special, however I believe that methallylescaline really shines most with its CEV’s. My CEV’s were composed mainly of geometric lights that seemed to form various “neon-like” designs in my minds eye; interesting, but nothing incredible either.

5 PM was the point where I began to come down. I noticed the body high was mellowing out, and my visuals were slowly becoming more and more subtle as well. However, I was still by no means sober, I still felt pretty good, aside from jaw/muscle tension that was beginning to set in. Around 8:30 PM all visuals had come to pass, save a couple small CEV’s. From this point on, I felt close to baseline, however not completely. My body continued to have twitches throughout the night up until when I fell asleep around 11:30 PM.

Overall, it was an interesting experience; it was fun enough, however it was a lot of commitment time and devotion wise for a relatively mild payout. It also seems that it has a narrow dosage range, as I and many people I know have since found that any more than 60 mg, (or even all 60 mg at once with me) consistently evokes chronic nausea. No visuals were worth writing home about, yet I feel that methallylescaline could have great potential if combined properly with other psychedelic tryptamines, or even its counterpart, alleylescaline.

phenethylamines are notoriously hardy, I'd bet you could keep it for years as long is it doesn't sit in direct sunlight or get wet.

I agree. Keep it in the freezer in an airtight glass vial, and it should last many years, probably decades or even longer. But as no one has stored it for that long yet, nobody knows for sure.

I was looking for some reports of this one being comboed with a dissociative like 3-MeO-PCP but didn't find any. In my mind these'd go very well together. Curious if anyone out there has experimented with that combo and if they'd recommend it.

there was a report someone mixed this with 4-ho-mipt but trip lasted a loooong long time, and raved about it, better than anything he did , and he had lots of expirience. dosing was like 60 mal and 30 4-ho-mipt and he got criticized for combining and dosing so high two compounds together

Does anyone have any experiences with insufflating this substance?
The trip seems pretty damn long, longer than I'd like with oral administration so I feel insufflating would be a better experience.
Any info on the duration and approximate dosages?

ive never done this. From my reading reports, many people find the upper-strong dose undesirable and may be something like mdma-esque feeling , maybe better, at lower doses.

Ive tried MAL about 4 times before in doses ranging from 20mg to 65mg. I liked the visuals, very interesting emotional aspect of this chemical.
But: it feels pretty shallow by itself, like something is missing, also it messes up with my memory if I go for higher dosage (60mg+) and causes unpleasant nausea and a typical phenethylamine headache when coming off it.

So this time I've decided to take it in combination and had a really good time! I took 28mg of MAL (methallylescaline) combined with 12mg of AL (allylescaline) and 20mg of 4-Aco-MET.

To counter-effect nausea that MAL causes, Ive preloaded with a tablet of Validol (russian brand anti-emetic and relaxant) and couple of Halls extra strength mints with the highest menthol content.
To counter effect the next day's headache, Ive preloaded with 200mg Ibuprofen (imo ibuprofen does not interact with psychedelics, so it does not reduce or improve any effects, but help with the headache onset), 500mg of Magnesium and some garlic extract.

Measured all chemicals on a precise decent milligram scale, mixed the powders together and drank in a glass with natural lemonade.

Effects came in fast, I was feeling it in about 10 minutes. Up to +++ in 30 minutes. Some nausea despite preloading with menthol and Validol but dissipated quickly. Peaked by 60 minutes, stayed up there for 3 hours and gradually came down by 13th hour.

This combination rocks! It felt like a strong mescaline trip (500mg+). I liked how MAL took over the control and became "complete" with the additions of 4-Aco-MET and AL! Very wholesome trip, revealing and rewarding, with euphoric body high, highly psychedelic mind set, easy and beautiful imagery and lots of pretty visuals!

I was doing stretches and it felt very euphoric and satisfying. Was doing various meditation practices with mantras chanting (felt so natural with this combo) that caused me to visualize different moving parts of my consciousness and propelled me to a very, very high state of mind! 8o

I recommend this combinations to anyone who appreciates deep mescaline trips with euphoric body high and strong energy current going through you and not afraid of some mind-bending at the beginning of the trip, the strength of the experience was equivalent to about 3 hits of normal acid. Could be used as a party stuff too but beware of the surprising psychedelic depth of this combo and emotional lability! :!

Next time Id like to take 35mg of MAL with about 25-30mg of 4-Aco-MET and 10-15mg of AL :p

Be safe folks! ;)

Wow what a cocktail! Very interesting. Do you have a specific rationale for adding the AL to the mix? This isn't a veiled criticism, just genuinely curious.

Imo AL compliments MAL and all I need is just a touch of it. Gives me better body high and pleasant mood! Too much of AL in the mix and I'll be too tense and will have higher chance for a headache.

Once again, I did not expect this combo to turn out that good! Makes me think of 4-Aco-MET being a sort of "pharmacological tofu", as someone had mentioned about 2c-d? somewhere across forums, in a way that it adds missing force to the main active compound, MAL in this particular case. Only after trying in this combo I have true appreciation of these mescaline analogs.

I think when people described 2C-D as "psychedelic tofu", they meant to say it was bland and unremarkable (though I disagree that it is). But yeah, adding a tryptamine to something is a wonderful way to really add something to another substance, they make for some great combos. Really good with dissociatives too.

Ive tried MAL about 4 times before in doses ranging from 20mg to 65mg. I liked the visuals, very interesting emotional aspect of this chemical.
But: it feels pretty shallow by itself, like something is missing, also it messes up with my memory if I go for higher dosage (60mg+) and causes unpleasant nausea and a typical phenethylamine headache when coming off it.

So this time I've decided to take it in combination and had a really good time! I took 28mg of MAL (methallylescaline) combined with 12mg of AL (allylescaline) and 20mg of 4-Aco-MET.

To counter-effect nausea that MAL causes, Ive preloaded with a tablet of Validol (russian brand anti-emetic and relaxant) and couple of Halls extra strength mints with the highest menthol content.
To counter effect the next day's headache, Ive preloaded with 200mg Ibuprofen (imo ibuprofen does not interact with psychedelics, so it does not reduce or improve any effects, but help with the headache onset), 500mg of Magnesium and some garlic extract.

Measured all chemicals on a precise decent milligram scale, mixed the powders together and drank in a glass with natural lemonade.

Effects came in fast, I was feeling it in about 10 minutes. Up to +++ in 30 minutes. Some nausea despite preloading with menthol and Validol but dissipated quickly. Peaked by 60 minutes, stayed up there for 3 hours and gradually came down by 13th hour.

This combination rocks! It felt like a strong mescaline trip (500mg+). I liked how MAL took over the control and became "complete" with the additions of 4-Aco-MET and AL! Very wholesome trip, revealing and rewarding, with euphoric body high, highly psychedelic mind set, easy and beautiful imagery and lots of pretty visuals!

I was doing stretches and it felt very euphoric and satisfying. Was doing various meditation practices with mantras chanting (felt so natural with this combo) that caused me to visualize different moving parts of my consciousness and propelled me to a very, very high state of mind! 8o

I recommend this combinations to anyone who appreciates deep mescaline trips with euphoric body high and strong energy current going through you and not afraid of some mind-bending at the beginning of the trip, the strength of the experience was equivalent to about 3 hits of normal acid. Could be used as a party stuff too but beware of the surprising psychedelic depth of this combo and emotional lability! :!

Next time Id like to take 35mg of MAL with about 25-30mg of 4-Aco-MET and 10-15mg of AL :p

Be safe folks! ;)

how long was the trip for?

as you see a few months ago I posted about a guy doing mal and 4-ho-mipt and raving about it was the best thing ever.(he got criticized bc he was up for twelve hours) so combining a tryptamine may be something there that mal alone doesnt reach

I think when people described 2C-D as "psychedelic tofu", they meant to say it was bland and unremarkable (though I disagree that it is). But yeah, adding a tryptamine to something is a wonderful way to really add something to another substance, they make for some great combos. Really good with dissociatives too.

whats a good basic dissociative that goes well with anything?

MXE combines amazingly with every psychedelic I've tried. So does ketamine. I find that 3-MeO-PCP combines very well (and powerfully) with lyseragmides, but I haven't tried it with tryptamines yet. It does seem to combine very well with 2C-T-2.