• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

Sure, it would be interesting, but so far alpha-methyl versions of mescaline analogues haven't been turning out too amazing.

Think about it, mescaline is way much better than any of the TMA's.

^ Yeah that's what it seems like from reading, but I can't speak from personal experience as I've not tried any TMAs (nor MAL ... yet). Still, worth exploring I figure, sometimes there are surprises.

I'm thinking of trying an allergy/safety test of about 1mg, then 20mg for a starter dose on MAL. I usually like to go pretty extremely mild for my first time out with a new experimental substance. Does anyone think that will that be perceptible even, or should I up it a bit?

It will....they say it's stronger than AL, and I had very mild but defiantly perceptable visuals off of 25 mg AL

Mescaline is something I don´t quite get it. I probably never took enough. It just didn´t work for me..Does methadone blocks this??

^ Yeah that's what it seems like from reading, but I can't speak from personal experience as I've not tried any TMAs (nor MAL ... yet). Still, worth exploring I figure, sometimes there are surprises.

I'm thinking of trying an allergy/safety test of about 1mg, then 20mg for a starter dose on MAL. I usually like to go pretty extremely mild for my first time out with a new experimental substance. Does anyone think that will that be perceptible even, or should I up it a bit?

Might be a bit weak, I would up it to 25mg at least. The first time I took it I took 32mg and it was very nice, enough to get a good feel for the compound while being able to act sober if needed. 20mg might only be threshold and you might be wishing you took a little more.

So little on this one!

Tried 45mg oral last night. No nausea, but this is rarely a problem for me. At this level visuals were at their infancy. Some annoying looping internal dialogue at the peak. Had some slight tremors which is very rare for me. Also some foot cramping. I'm not sure that I'm that interested in trying it higher. I agree that it is a very calm and serene trip, this feeling pervaded the whole experience. Took ages to get to sleep but was rewarded with interesting dreams.

Maybe the chemical only reveals it's more pleasant side at higher doses? But for me personally it didn't have a lot to offer at this dose.

Would be nice to hear from more people who have tried this one. Especially more reports from the 60mg+ range.

@ the user who was asking about safety: check Erowid cause there is a recent report about allylescaline and heavy kidney load
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=105120

AL isn't MAL and one might argue that kidney load cannot be diagnosed by sensing it, but IMO it does one think twice about pushing the dosage with this to force any apparent limits on psychedelic potential or that of any other / specific kind of effect.

edit: Seems like someone has pushed it and kinda proves my point :\

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=105249

And by the way isn't it more likely that the MAL inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) like MDMA and other phens do? It didn't sound all that anticholinergic to me.
Also please anyone reading this... if you cannot pee on a drug don't go over 1/2 L or a pint of water intake per hour. Not being able to excrete water and ingesting that much fucks up the osmotic state in your body and can cause cells to burst which of course is very damaging.
That is apparently the latest in ecstasy advice as well, rather than the basic huge warning to keep hydrated.

Last edited:
Yeah I've used escaline which is the best mescaline analouge available currently never had a problem with it.

Yeah, that was a pretty intense trip report! Glad that the author was ok. I've only tried 50mg so far, which was ok but mild psychedelic effect with drawn out stimulation.

Took me at least 16h to sleep. I wish the reports of 'too much' in PIKAL described what was too much. 45mg I found too little, but then I need 4mg of DOC before it gets interesting (all chemicals I'm in fairly high ranges.... annoying!). Sounds like the visuals don't really kick into gear until 60mg+ with MAL... but I'm not sure I like the idea of 12 hours of tremors. It would have to be an especially valuable and unique chemical for me to put myself through that. I assume due to set, I was unable to assess the usefulness of the head space. My head is very neutral and empty at the moment, so struggled to apply it to anything useful during the trip. From pure speculation, I suspect it has anti-anxiety properties (no evidence and from one trial, this is of course speculation). I personally had no trouble passing water.

Unfortunately, having never tried mescaline, I cannot make any comparisons in that regard. If MAL is similar to mescaline, a low dose MAL certainty didn't reveal what the hype about mescaline is. And this was the sole purpose of researching this chemical. But low doses rarely reveal a true character of a chemical for me, so I don't rule MAL out... yet, I'm just hesitant. Looks like I may have to wait for the real deal :)

Last edited:
I've done mescaline at what I'd consider a low dose, although I have no idea what that dose was (cactus). Very little visuals, totally manageable headspace, lucid a lot of the time. I found it very pleasant and very satisfying. I'd like to do more, but it didn't feel like "too little." I walked away from it very happy with the experience. I'd say MAL must be lacking something based on your report and my experience with the real deal.

20mg was ground down into a fine powder, split up into 4 piles and then insufflated over a period of about 2hrs. Snorting this stuff was surprisingly painless with only the mildest burn, the sensation was fleeting and barely noticeable.

Mild effects were felt at about 10 mg, I came up quickly after the second line which, in comparison to taking it orally, was pretty painless with almost no body load and no nausea at all. Really, the most notable thing about the trip was the lack of body load. When taking MAL orally I've felt pretty languid and I barely left the couch (which can be pleasant), but with insufflated I felt like I had more energy to do stuff.

I'd say it is somewhat more potent when taken nasally but by what amount I wouldn't like to guess, the difference in body load makes it hard to make a direct comparison.

FWIW, I found 50mg of this stuff orally to be pretty intense and I wouldn't want to push it any higher than that.

Interesting...
What else was different in the trip? Would you say the intensity of the visuals and the rest is the same?
Have you tried it enough times to rule out other variables like set and setting? I mean, there may be other causes for having an experience free of body load and nausea.
Someone mentioned that IMing also reduces the side-effects, i think it was yaesutom.
Soon I will have the chance to try this and I hope I don't get any nausea!

I’d say the mental and visual effects were pretty much the same, maybe equivlent to 30 - 35 mg’s orally.

I wouldn’t rule out anything at this stage, I’m not definitively saying that insufflation reduces nausea and body effects, just that in this case their absence was notable. I do plan on trying it again though, maybe at 30mg’s.

I hope you enjoy it! Everyone can react differently, but in my case the nausea wasn’t reallly awful and I only really noticed it coming up.

A few days ago I mixed MAL with 2mg DOC (IMed... which is a really great way to shorten a DOC trip, I peaked hard for about 4-5 hours then it dropped off a lot) and it was such a great mix. I was on etizolam too so my memory is fuzzy but I was looking in a full length mirror, and the person in the mirror kept changing into a bunch of random people and even moved a little independently.. partly due to the etizolam (it really amplifies and changes some visual effects) but it seemed like a really great mix. The color amplification was so high there was no white anywhere, colors bleeding and everything was rainbow colored :).

^ How much Methallylescaline did you mix with the 2mg of Doc ? yaesutom... :) Can I assume you took them at the same time...
This mix sounds very interesting yaesutom... cant wait to try this...

Well my scale just suddenly stopped working... so i'm not sure but I would guess 20mg IMed maybe even less. It didn't seem to take much for a good combination (and also less physical side effects from the MAL with lower dosing).

Well I think ill try it in a few days... I only have 500mg mescaline sulfate experiences I can compare it with... and a yukkie San Pedro experience too.... I'll post back my experience with Mal soon... ill try 50mg... any suggestions ?

I haven't got to test Escaline.. I been sitting on it, been to busy...... Then Mal showed up... MAL sounds much better according to what I have read... Escaline is now in second place <>