• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol 50mg vs Cocodamol 30/500. Which is stronger? How to make pain killers stro

dina78

Greenlighter
I have just had painful facial surgery and have been given co-codamol 30/500 . I find useless to a large degree and am supposed to take 1 or 2 4 times a day. Which indicates they are not strong. I have tramadol 50mg. Is tramadol stronger than cocodamol? How can I get the most out of cocodamol? Can I crush one and swallow it to make it more powerful? I want to get the most out of the pain killers without taking 4 a day which I think is a waste.
Also why are doctors so scared of prescribing Endone (oxycontin)? These are 5 star pain relievers. Some doctors give them whilst others freak out at the thought.
My surgeon had never heard of it and the anaesthesias weren’t sure either!! What’s going on here in the UK? Luckily I have my own stash which I saved for a rainy day but don’t want to waste that now my pain isn’t so severe.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you

Tram is a better pain reliever, but the withdrawals are god-awful. Though these dosages are equipotent.
I'd inform the doctor the analgesics are useless for you and see his opinion.
Upping your dosage will just increase your tolerance.
Plus oxy is almost unheard of here unless you're a CCP.

I just took two tramadol which did nothing! I read somewhere on here you can crush co codamol . Does crushing tramadol or other pills make them stronger or just enter the blood stream faster?

With regards to Oxy are you saying that no one ever really pescribes it/ im bloody lucky I got it at all then as that saved me last night when sleeping. A friend took a box home after a nose job! Depends on the doctor.

Co codamaol and tramadol are both fairly mild painkillers.

Oxycodone is not prescribed for anything but major, major surgeries and end-of-life pallative care, in general.

I don’t take painkillers on a regular basis or for recreational use but I am a big believer in having them on hand. Strong pain killers like Oxy.. So luckily I have Endone and it made me sleep peacefully without much pain. Why these are considered for palliative care or major surgery only I don’t understand as it just makes you feel allot more comfortable. I did have major surgery a brow lift and a nose job are very painful the nurses told me but still I wasn’t given proper relief.
Instead of having two co codamols would anyone recommend swallowing a crushed up pill instead to intensify them?

Brow lifts and nose jobs are cosmetic surgery, they are not required for you to continue breathing and metabolising food. That's probably why you didn't recieve major painkillers - otherwise there would be a lot more people who schedule elective surgery just to get their opi fix.

Even for wisdom teeth extractions and broken bones, most doctors won't go above hydrocodone for pain control. It would be wonderful if doctors gave out powerful opioids for mild to moderate pain, but there would be more of a problem with abuse and diversion then.

Crushing co-codamol won't do much. The pills are designed for instant release anyway. And 60mg of codeine is considered to be very little in the grand scheme of things; 100mg-120mg codeine is considered equivalent to about 10mg morphine or hydrocodone.

Just watch your acetaminophen intake, and do cold-water extractions if you have to.

i would say the codeine COMBINED with the APAP might be as strong... bbut then again you could justt combine the tram with aapap and it would be sstronger analgesic.... i believe tram is approx twice as strong a painkiller mg for mg than codeine (i coud be wrong)

theres an equivalence chart of analgesia for opiates on wiki, chek it out