• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Provigil or Adderall for a speedy boost?

MissNervosa

Bluelighter
I'm new and have probably put this in the wrong place so sorry in advance if this is all wrong mods :?

So I used to be a bit of a speed freak about 8 years ago.I enjoyed snorting it and went through a few points of pretty strong base a week.This probably makes me sound lame,but I mainly used it as an energy boost,to get through work,to give the house a really good clean (I have a tonne of pets,and live with messy people so the house always needs cleaning) and basically to be productive.I didn't realise at the time,but I was self medicating with it.I've had major depression for a long time,and some of the major symptoms are lethargy,fatigue and hypersomnia.

The major depression has returned with a vengeance lately,and speed has been on my mind a lot.I haven't touched it in years,and don't have any contacts,which I think is a good thing,as I'm a pig with it,and can't help myself.

My psych doesn't know about my drug history,yet flat out refuses to prescribe any energy boosters like Adderall or Provigil.I feel like shit every day,and can barely drag myself out of bed.My meds keep me mentally balanced enough to cope,but physically I'm a slug.I'm lucky if I can get through doing the dishes and looking after my pets in a day,let alone cleaning up and getting out.

So I've decided to buy some pills online,and was wondering which ones would give me the best energy boost? A good physical boost is important,but something that gives me a more positive focussed mental outlook would be nice too.Would Provigil or Adderall/Ritalin be the way to go? Or something else entirely? Keep in mind I don't have any contacts,so I'd prefer pharms that I could easily buy online.Oh I've also tried Reductil/Meridia (didn't do anything) and Duromine (which just kept me awake and cranky) before.Thanks for listening to my tale of woe <3

Oh and I should also add that I'm also planning on taking whatever med I end up with probably 2-3 times a week,and only for therapeutic benefits.

Gonna move this over to BDD.

If you're looking for 'speedy' effects then I'd say adderall since it contains the drug from which 'speedy' as a term is derived.

I remember back in the height of my speedy days snorting a friend's Ritalin tablet and complaining that it had absolutely no effect whatsoever.I'm assuming that was because my tolerance was so high for speed at that point,and since I haven't touched speed for about 4 or 5 years now,it would be quite effective now?

Could anyone tell me whether there is much of a difference between Ritalin and Adderall?

And finally has anyone had any experience with Provigil?

I've tried it a handful of times. Don't expect it to feel like an amphetamine (its not). It's more like a "nicer" caffeine. Does have some affect on dopamine levels.

YMMV. I haven't had it in a few years and my stimulant tolerance was lower back then. Its worth a shot though, and the comedown is a lot easier to handle than an amphetamine comedown.

I strongly advise against purchasing pharmaceuticals on the internet. There are always other ways, some of which are safer. However, regarding the actual drugs, I would be a bit concerned if you were to get back into amphetamines since you have a history of amphetamine addiction, and it is a nasty one, especially on the brain and consequently your sleep, regulation/experience of mood, appetite etc. Adderall is an amphetamine consisting of 1/4 l-amphetamine and 3/4 d-amphetamine. I could be mistaken on this account but isn't base 1/2 of each? Again, unsure of that. The l-amphetamine produces much more stimulation of the body, in short, due to its activity on the PNS. D-amphetamine is more effective when it comes down to mood, and inducing euphoria, due to a lot of CNS activity. This is a very simple explanation, but I honestly am not a wealth of information on amphetamines as much as some of the other classes of drugs. In any event, you have to evalute whether or not you want to get back into amphetamines and using them. Ritalin is not an amphetamine, and for a lot of amphetamine users results in a less than desired experience. It is also has a much shorter half-life and duration of action. To be frank, I know very little about Provigil, but it is not an amphetamine or related to the likes of Ritalin, but it IS a stimulant. If you just need a speedy boost, I think I would say it would be safest to start there, but don't expect a high, just a speedy boost.

Thanks you guys for your thoughtful answers :)

NeighbourhoodThreat would you say Provigil has a physically stimulating effect as well as mental one? My tolerance is zero at the moment.

Alex000 I'm sure if I looked harder I could find Adderall elsewhere,but Provigil is extremely expensive on prescription here (not that I could get a script) so the street markup would be enormous.I've found a few forums that review online pharmacies,their customer service,shipping and the quality of their wares and feel almost game enough to order a small amount (10 pills of Provigil as a test run).I don't see any other way to obtain them :-/ What is your main concern about buying online? I agree it would be safer for me to start with the Provigil,and I don't particularly need a high,a speedy boost will do just fine :)

Thank you for all the info on Adderall and Ritalin,it was most helpful,and gave me a lot to think about.I can't say for sure,but I don't think Adderall would give me quite the same high as speed,and if I was just swallowing them and not snorting them,I'd be taking away the ritual as well.An added plus is that I don't have any drug friends left to encourage and enable me anymore,which was a huge factor in my use getting out of control last time.When the only ppl you hang out with are high all the time and are always offering you lines,it makes it too hard to get out.In the end I changed my number and cut off all contact with them.Maybe now I'm older and wiser I can learn moderation..anything's possible :D

Both Adderall and Provigil and NuVigil are extremely expensive, Although I was once prescribed Provigil it was a major let down. I was on the 200mg per day regiment. I found it barely made a difference, and when I saw how much it was gonna cost me because my insurance would only pay for 2 weeks worth then they would need a call from my doctor to hear it from him that there is NOTHING else in the world he could prescribe for my condition. All the online guys are scammers. Their is a shortage of Adderall in the US. Do you really think some sketchy guy from the other end of the earth just happens to have it? Doubtful, I have been blessed by having my doctor prescribe the proper medication for the problems MissNervosa is having. This site isn't meant for sourcing so all I will say is trust nobody who says they have anything like Adderall or Provigil. PM me and i'll tell you how I went about convincing my psych into prescribing me the proper meds.

My personal favorites are Concerta (Ritalin extended Release), VyVanse although it comes on hard and wears off fast, Basic simple old 10mg Ritalin, Adderall IR/XR, all of which are worlds away from the Provigil effect. Provigil is expensive and doesn't provide you with the energy/motivation/concentration it sounds like you're looking for. PM me if you want to discuss further. I had to go through exactly what you're going through now and it sucks.

It does suck dkane360.It suck hard! Provigil on prescription in Australia is so expensive it's comparable to coke prices (also incredibly expensive in Oz) so you'd want it to be a wonder drug for those prices.

I've been browsing online pharmacy review sites,and although there are a few out there that many people have consistantly good results with,I'm still not too confident about getting drugs sent in the mail,or about their quality.

I shall PM you now :)