View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Finding the distinguishing differences between LSD and 25X-NBOMe compounds

five_hat

Greenlighter
With the 25X-NBOMe family on a steep upward curve of popularity and availability, I thought it would be interesting to try to find some distinguishing characteristics, in which the experience triggered by these compounds differs from a LSD trip.

My goal when posting this thread is to compile a sort of a checklist (although I realize that this is a highly problematic objective :)) of symptoms, which are generally present on NBOMes but not on LSD, or vice versa.

One such obvious characteristic is dosage, which, however, is not a practical differentiator, given that with LSD you usually have no good way of knowing the amount of substance per hit.

Ideally, the focus should be on symptoms and phenomena which can be considered at least somewhat objective and general.

Feedback both specific to a particular 25X-NBOMe compound as well as feedback describing general characteristics shared by all members of the NBOMe family, as compared to LSD, is welcome.

I've never ever had real LSD cause my entire tongue and mouth to go numb, but sure enough the blotters I've made for myself of 25I (HCl, complexed w/ HPBCD) cause this to happen every single time.

Ehrlich reagent test
Marquis
Mecke
et cetera.

Subjective analyses of superpotent psychedelics mean shit-all with identifying what drug you took. Rats can't tell MDA from LSD - don't expect humans to be better.

Can Ehrlich differentiate between LSD and 5-MeO-aMT? I feel like the indole will cause a positive reaction to both.

Either way Ehrlich's reagent is a great way to go because 5-MeO-aMT is extremely rare compared to the NBOMe /DOx series.

The only NBOME I've tried is 25I so I can only comment on that. The first difference is the taste. 25I has a very bitter taste. The whole experience is very different. 25I has a pretty considerable body load compared to LSD. I also notice a sort of dizziness with 25I. There's a noticable differencee with the visuals, although they are similar. A big difference is duration, 25I lasts around 5 hours while LSD lasts around 8-12. The biggest thing for me has to be the mind trip though, 25I barely changes my mental state. I can think and speak clearly while on it.

For 25c-NBOME

- Notable slight burning sensation on area where dosed.
- Much more colour enhancement, even at lower doses, clothing/items colour reflecting onto things like bed sheets, etc.
- Shorter duration? I noticed that visuals go from peak > none very, very quickly. There is a sharp descent unlike LSD.
- Not as strong a headspace as LSD for the visuals being experienced.
- More nausea, debatable though.

It's been a while with 25c, so I don't want to say too much more as it's better it's fact than speculation.

For me, the most obvious indicator, besides the issue concerning oral bioavalabilty with NBOMe's, the headspace is so much more benign when compared to Acid at propper visual dosages for both.
Personally I find NBOMe's (25c more so than 25i) tend to allow you to retain large amounts of your Ego, even when staring at a psychedelic soup.

Its been a while though since some LSD got around here, so I'm working of memory... which tends to be quite a haze.

Can someone here help me identify my LSD ?
Got some Ganesh blotter, but I am not sure of it was LSD or 25x-NBOMe. I have only tried it once, one tab.

Taste was soapy, no strong taste though. The whole experience was rather short (Took at 19:00, peak at 21:00 or so, peak ended [Like really clear headspace again] at 23:00/00:00. last visuals were seen at 04:00. Total duration about 9 hours) Almost no OEV except some slight breathing. CEV's were insane, especially in dark rooms. No real patern presence anywhere except in some CEV's.
Felt great, somewhat more euphoric then MDMA but less pushy. Everything felt "odd". Conversations always had serieus nature.
So low dose LSD or 25x-NBOMe.
The reason I am asking this as I am planning to take 3 the next time, but I shouldnt take three if it turns out to be 25x-NBOMe since the vasoconstriction.

As an acute indicator I thought slight numbing in the mouth was tell-tale for NBOMe's, but I never used them sublingually. Only intranasally using a carrier compound.

Let this thread cover all differences including those in effect. Otherwise I would have to tell you to use the Bluelight Google search engine properly for all old NBOMe ID threads where there is asked how to tell if your blotter is acid or an NBOMe.

We will not repeat those threads especially because we don't allow ID threads. So I'm giving you a [laywered] way out, funnily enough me being the potential prosecutor.

Take care with this, and if you are in a region where the identity of blotters is that much more unpredictable, remember all that much more how important it is not to start with more than 1!

Can Ehrlich differentiate between LSD and 5-MeO-aMT? I feel like the indole will cause a positive reaction to both.

Either way Ehrlich's reagent is a great way to go because 5-MeO-aMT is extremely rare compared to the NBOMe /DOx series.

As far as I'm aware Ehrlich's reacts the same for both LSD and 5-MeO-AMT but if you then test with Marquis you can differentiate between the two :)

As already mentioned, we don't allow ID threads here, so lets be careful with the direction this thread goes in.

There Is one good way to take the blotter if you are not sure if its 25x. Simply swallow it. 25x wont work but acid will. 25I and D makes your whole mouth numb for good hour or two. 25C burns slightly. Also my complexed blotters hit like a train at 15 minutes. Acid takes hour to show up any signs. Of course the horrible taste. My acid has always tastes like parfym but 25x is just horrible.

Got introduced to 25I by acid seller. Damn scammer selling shit as acid.

25i was way better than any blotter or dox i had in the past :/. very fast comeup, great oev with ego still intacted.

There Is one good way to take the blotter if you are not sure if its 25x. Simply swallow it.

Oral activity is the most obvious and easy and reliable single differentiator. But LSD's oral bioavailability isn't grand, and some people want not to "waste" a tab testing it like this.

The other markers are duration (6-8 for NBOMes, 10-14 for LSD), taste, bodyload -- 25C will be sort of obvious for it's very roll-ish (and awesome) body high, 25I I've never had. LSD also produces ego death more reliably.

Oral activity is the most obvious and easy and reliable single differentiator. But LSD's oral bioavailability isn't grand, and some people want not to "waste" a tab testing it like this.

The other markers are duration (6-8 for NBOMes, 10-14 for LSD), taste, bodyload -- 25C will be sort of obvious for it's very roll-ish (and awesome) body high, 25I I've never had. LSD also produces ego death more reliably.

Huh? LSD has ridiculous oral bioavailability - pretty sure it's known for that.

Just eating the blotter will absolutely differentiate between 25x and LSD but it will not help you parse out LSD from a DOx compound or 5-MeO-aMT.

@atara-

I agree with what you've said regarding duration with a caveat. For me, LSD is largely "over" by 7-8 hours except at higher doses. With one tab I'm usually just a little stimmed or have a hard time sleeping during hours 8-12.

@iamme90 - I think by "wasting a hit" he simply meant most people believe you get the most out your blots when you leave them sublingual for a while before swallowing.

MDA from LSD - don't expect humans to be better.
Is not a human smarter and more sensitive than a rat?
I've had both MDA an LSD.
I believe I could tell the difference blindfolded.

Problem is, I can't prove what I took was MDA but that pill sure didn't feel like ecstasy exactly. Or LSD.

I'd be laughing hard on LSD and not on MDA.
MDA is much less psychedelic. More euphoric.
25i-nbome I only laughed once or twice and it felted somewhat forced. I had the smiling effect of LSD though.

The comeup of 25i-NBOMe is much more intense than the comeup of some good LSD.
LSD doesn't last quite as long at the same dose I believe either.

I always get that feeling in my back from LSD that I don't get from other drugs too.

I' be able to easily differentiate DOC from LSD. There is a lot of differences.
Less laughter, more body fry feeling, much longer duration.

Now give me something like MDMA vs MDA and I'd have a much tougher time deciphering.

-Guinea pig, over and out.

Last edited: