An idea to help the general drug user population

ColdNorth

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters. I've recently been playing around with an idea. After looking into it a little more, it became apparent that it would include a lot of work. I'm reluctant to go into details, as this is something I would really like to be a part of. I want the end product to be purely informational, not hijacked by someone who wants credit for it, lessening the overall accomplishment.

But I'll tell you what I mean nonetheless.

It occurs to me that, regardless of all the wonderful HR sites that exist on the internet, there isn't one of this kind. I would love to build a site where a person could go, type in the name of a substance (like a pro-HR Wikipedia) and get information on the following things:

- How best to use that substance
- The bioavailabilities (and risks) of the different RoA's of that substance
- The most common and dangerous risks of any given substance
- The possible interactions with other substances, medications, activities and everyday chemicals
- A list of similar substances, perhaps with links to testimonials
- A list of external resources pointing to dangers, benefits and well sourced scientific research

The list goes on, but I think that conveys my meaning. Like I said, there are many sites around that offer this information, but my vision in this case is to have all the relevant information in one page, easily accessible to someone who doesn't want to spend hours wading through forum posts full of both information and disagreements on the different interpretations of these facts.

In essence, a guide to using a drug that doesn't present the information through extreme verbosity, or overly technical talk. There's nothing wrong with that, but consider the average person who wants to find out about a substance they are about to take, and don't want to end up spending hours going through extremely detailed information to weed out the biases and see how the arguments between the people giving advice pan out.

Let's say Bob scores some chemical unknown to him, with "2c-e" written on the bag. He has no idea what it is. So he goes online, types in his search query and is directed to the page I am proposing. In one page, he could find a description as to what it is, what it interacts with, what the dosage is, what the risks are if it is adulterated and finds reports to the experiences of other users. He will learn what to do if things get out of hand, or if he should even take it in the first place. And all this would take 10 minutes instead of what could potentially be hours if he starts wading through forum after forum, opinion after opinion. Bob would be better equipped to handle his experience.

Maybe it's a silly idea, but it's been bothering me for a while now. The purpose of harm reductions is, of course, to reduce harm. Seeing as not everybody is willing to examine matters as deeply as others, a simple version of an information page would in my mind be a wonderful idea. The great thing is that the information is already there, lurking around in the pages of Bluelight, Drugs Forums, Usenet and other such great places.

What we would need to do is to start a Wiki just for this purpose. A very simplified one. I hate to underestimate the attention spam of modern people, but the truth is sad. I am aware of Bluelight Wiki, but not confident that it is heading in this direction.

I have started a MediaWiki for this purpose, but the amount of work is far too much for me alone to get anything done. I wrote this post simply to ask your opinion on the matter. Would it be as useful as I think it is, or should I just forget about it? After all, the purpose is to save lives through information, and too much information has a way of turning many people away from the subject.

I leave it in your most capable hands to decide if there is potential in this, or if it's just another waste of perfectly good forum space. In my case, the best information I have gotten from BL has been in the form of very short and snappy sentences. Whatever you may think of this, I appreciate all the work you have done so far.

Thank you.
+++Coldnorth

Last edited:
It's a good idea but isn't Erowid doing this? Or we're you thinking something different? They ave pic, descriptions, chemical make up, tons of user experiences, etc...

< Snip. Please keep your posts respectful and informative. >

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm aware of Erowid, but that's not what I had in mind. Erowid, useful as they are, use sources from many places, some of which conflict with each other. And the facts they mention aren't always from well accepted sources. It's still a great site/resource, and I have always respected what they do. I guess it's hard to explain what I have in mind until I actually produce an example. But thanks for bringing that up. Erowid does have the right idea in many ways, but what I have in mind is an outright 'how to safely use drugs'-guide. With any luck, I'll have some early drafts ready by the end of the year (unfortunately in Finnish). Or just a good example of failure.

Edit: Forgot, I would completely remove the user experiences from the main page. It would probably go something like this: Substance name, pharmacology, dosage information, method of action (with responsible body/brain parts in question), KNOWN INTERACTIONS (accompanied by a list with links to interacting substances, explanations why they interact, and substances to avoid), possible potentiators, possible aids in case of overdose/overpotentiation. Likely more of similar information, but I am just improvising here. You get the idea, I hope.

Only the essential information, and as much of it as possible. User experiences and theories would need another page completely. The main page should be dedicated to only the substance, and it's risks to the human body.

As for "DOING THE FUCKING 30S", my English skills have yet to develop to the point where I can understand your capitalized words of wisdom. Maybe in the future I can understand, but in the meantime I'll just have to guess.

Edit: Thanks to the almighty Google, I got your meaning at last. Sorry to disappoint, but we don't get those 30s in my country. If you disagree with what I say, then say that. Ad hominems in capital letters reflect more on you than they do on me. Do yourself a favor, read the post. Then, if you have something relevant to say, I would be more than happy to talk about it with you.

Last edited:
This sounds more like a drug book to me. I could be wrong.

You described it well. I would like it to be as simple as searching for the name of a drug and getting all the relevant information (warnings, interactions) for recreational use in a tightly knitted package.

Sounds good but who's going to do all the reseach? Some of the information hasn't been proven yet and that's why there's so much discussion on HR websites.

anyone who likes this idea should check out the wiki forum. right now we are trying to get members to help us write up articles on various substances.