• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to inject OxyContin OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmingdancer

Bluelight Crew
Another member asked me for instructions on how to inject OxyContin OP, and I was not able to easily find a detailed thread on the safest way to do this. So I came up with some instructions but would like to get you guys to look over them and tell me if anything needs to be changed or I missed anything? I also figured this would be good for others wanting the same info.

So here's what I've got so far:

Preparing OxyContin OP for injection is a HUGE hassle and these pills are dangerous to inject. The inactive ingredients in the pills to make them "tamper-proof" can put you in the hospital. Using a micron filter is absolutely necessary and still doesn't make it safe - only safer. If you absolutely "must" inject them and fully understand how risky this is then you could try these instructions:

SUPPLIES:
- A tool for grinding the OP tablets into fine powder such as a Dremel or Pedi-Paws, sandpaper or a hand file will work, but will take much longer. The key is grinding it into a fine a powder as possible.
- Microwave or oven with window that you can see through (you must watch the Oxy cook the entire time).
- A freezer
- A ceramic plate to cook the Oxy on
- A micron filter
- Luer lock syringes and needles
- Sterile or bacteriostatic water (bacteriostatic is important if you are going to be storing the solution for a while)
- A clean spoon
- A clean razor blade or smooth knife
- A clean cotton or clean cigarette filter
- Alcohol swabs
- A sterile vial
- OxyContin OP pills - NOTE: You will want to do a big batch at once so that you don't have to do this time consuming process over and over and so that you don't waste micron filters

PART ONE: PREPARE PILLS
1. Grind pill into FINE powder with grinding tool (tool 1).
2. Put onto a microwave-safe plate and spread the powder out (but not TOO thinly).
3. Microwave for 6-10 min (assuming you are using ceramic plate). Watch it the whole time! It can easily burn. (Cooking time will vary depending on type of plate and microwave).
4. As soon as you see the OxyContin starting to turn a golden-brown color, turn off the microwave. Almost all of the powder must be golden-brown (if there are a tiny number of white flakes left that’s ok).
5. Place into your freezer for 5-7 min. Then carefully remove from freezer and place onto counter.
6. Using a clean razor blade or a clean smooth knife, carefully scrape the crusted brown OxyContin up. At this point you could eat, snort, or plug the material, all of which would be better choices than injection. If you are going to inject see below:

PART 2 – PREPARE FOR INJECTION
9. After scraping it up on the plate, chop the Oxy up into smaller pieces.
10. Add powder to spoon. Add water (quantity depending on the syringe size available).
11. Stir water and push all of pill material into center of spoon.
12. Heat till boiling, stir while cooling, repeat. Water in spoon will turn brown and pill material will gel/turn gooey. Not all water will turn gooey though, hence the need for extra water in spoon. You may want to add a bit of extra water during this process. *QUESTION: SHOULD THE SOLUTION BE ALLOWED TO COOL COMPLETELY AT THIS POINT, OR BEFORE THE MICRON FILTERING? (note: it MUST be cooled at least before the micron filtering)
13. Using a cotton or cigarette filter, draw solution into syringe.
14. Using a micron filter, re-filter the solution. Solution can also 'thinned-out' by drawing up sterile water. *see the micron filter instructions below for how to do this
15. Administer injection of solution or administer solution rectally.
16. You can do a "wash" on the gel material left behind in the spoon and filter that in case there is any remaining drug.
NOTE: Even doing all this does not guarantee that it will be safe. The micron filter is a very important step.

MICRON FILTER INSTRUCTIONS – PERFORM AT STEP 5 ABOVE – See Micron Filter thread for more details

1. Put solution in luer lock syringe.
2. Replace the needle tip with a micron filter.
3. Put on a new needle tip to the end of the micron filter and slowly squirt the solution into the sterile vial.

Last edited:
And upriser7 - your PM inbox is full so I couldn't message you, hopefully you will see this :)

It's important to never micron filter hot solutions, the solution MUST have enough time to cool down prior to filtration or else particulate matter slips through the filter, wasting it. If for some reason you're applying heat in the first place, (which I dont really understand since people claim it returns to gel anyways, if you let it cool down) then you need to be letting it cool down to allow the inactives to precipitate out of the solution.

There is no safe way to inject OP OxyContin. I don't agree that microwaving crushed OPs can be considered "Extraction" either.

^Yeah, that's a good point, I'll edit that - I was already thinking of changing the title of that section, since it makes it sound like the "Extraction" refers to just that part of the process but it's not really extracted til after the micron filtering. And obviously there is no 100% safe way, just trying to come up with the safEST way for someone who is going to inject them regardless - surely this is safer than someone just crushing up the pills, adding water and injecting. I didn't come up with this method myself and I haven't tried it, it's just my adaptation from the various methods I was able to find and tips people have suggested. I think the heat is added to try to help separate the oxycodone from the binders, every method I have ever heard of uses heat.

Do you think it would be best to cool the solution before the first rough filtration, or after that and before the micron filtration?

ETA: Also do you know the specific dangers of injecting a solution made this way? Is it that there are some inactive ingredients in OxyContin OPs that can still pass through the micron filter?

Always must be cooled prior to any filtration, any filtration performed on a hot solution should not count as being filtered, and thus would have to be filtering again while cold, so filtering a cooled solution saves you half the filters you'd need to do this right. :)

I'm heading out for a few, back later.

Ok thanks. Anyone else's input is welcomed too :)

I fully understand that cooling is necessary before the final filtration, but some people seem to think doing the rough first filtration using a cotton/cig filter should be done before it has completely cooled and gelled up. I'm not entirely sure if this helps at all? Anyone know?

Yes, cool completely before filtering. I havent used micron filters with OPs, but I highly doubt you'd be able to draw anything thru them. Defeating an OP allows it to go up a needle, not thru a cotton and prob not thru a micron filter (maybe if you vacuum filtered, idk

Hey, after some thought, I'm electing to close this for the time being, as it gives users a false sense of security that this is a safe(r) way to inject OP oxycontin, when this isn't proven at all, and if anything, there are more accounts testifying that this DOESNT work, than people saying it does.

This gives readers the false impression that this is the method they should follow, so until I've discussed the matter further with my peers this shall remain closed, plus, there's already a megathread on this topic. Nothing personal SwimmingDancer, but bluelighters have voiced concerns over this method, and I am inclined to agree with them. I understand you are trying to reduce harm, but this method is far from accomplishing that, even with the micron filtration.

For a formal guide, never recommend that readers use cigarette filters, as their are vastly inferior (although better than nothing), but aside from that you did a good job, it's just that for Oxycontin OP branded there is currently no safe way of injecting these. If a method calls for you to "brown" or cook pills until they're "golden" AKA half burnt, then this raises a major red flag for injection safety, as does applying heat to the solution at any point in time.

Yeah, it's fine to close it, I only made this thread because someone who had previously asked me how to inject Dilaudid (much easier/safer) said they would be injecting OxyContin OPs and asked how to do it, and I figured that showing how it is a HUGE hassle, not guaranteed to even extract all the oxycodone, and still likely not safe enough would help to dissuade them. Then their PM inbox was full plus I figured if I posted it in a thread then other people could chime in and explain whether this could work, whether they knew of any other methods, whether it would still be unsafe even with a micron filter and if so why, etc.

Just to clarify, I never said it was recommended to use a cigarette filter as the only filter - that was solely for a rough pre-filtering and a micron filter was used after that point, which I said was absolutely necessary. This is the method - pre-filtering with a cigarette filter (to remove large particles and help avoid the micron clogging) and then using a micron filter - recommended for pills in some clinical studies.

Also, in case it was unclear to anyone, I was never suggesting that the solution be filtered through the micron filter while hot.

Perhaps I should have stated more boldly at the top that the method was not guaranteed to work and that there is no known "safe" way to inject Oxy OPs. It was not meant as a completed guide. I figured it was still harm reduction for people who are just crushing the pills and adding water and injecting, but I can understand why you closed it. Other instructions I have found said things like not to use a micron filter and "make sure to inject the solution hot so that it doesn't have time to gel" (facepalm - NOT at all safe).

I am still curious as to why people think that after proper micron filtering it would still be highly dangerous though? That question was never answered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.