Another member asked me for instructions on how to inject OxyContin OP, and I was not able to easily find a detailed thread on the safest way to do this. So I came up with some instructions but would like to get you guys to look over them and tell me if anything needs to be changed or I missed anything? I also figured this would be good for others wanting the same info.
So here's what I've got so far:
Preparing OxyContin OP for injection is a HUGE hassle and these pills are dangerous to inject. The inactive ingredients in the pills to make them "tamper-proof" can put you in the hospital. Using a micron filter is absolutely necessary and still doesn't make it safe - only safer. If you absolutely "must" inject them and fully understand how risky this is then you could try these instructions:
- A tool for grinding the OP tablets into fine powder such as a Dremel or Pedi-Paws, sandpaper or a hand file will work, but will take much longer. The key is grinding it into a fine a powder as possible.
- Microwave or oven with window that you can see through (you must watch the Oxy cook the entire time).
- A freezer
- A ceramic plate to cook the Oxy on
- A micron filter
- Luer lock syringes and needles
- Sterile or bacteriostatic water (bacteriostatic is important if you are going to be storing the solution for a while)
- A clean spoon
- A clean razor blade or smooth knife
- A clean cotton or clean cigarette filter
- Alcohol swabs
- A sterile vial
- OxyContin OP pills - NOTE: You will want to do a big batch at once so that you don't have to do this time consuming process over and over and so that you don't waste micron filters
PART ONE: PREPARE PILLS
1. Grind pill into FINE powder with grinding tool (tool 1).
2. Put onto a microwave-safe plate and spread the powder out (but not TOO thinly).
3. Microwave for 6-10 min (assuming you are using ceramic plate). Watch it the whole time! It can easily burn. (Cooking time will vary depending on type of plate and microwave).
4. As soon as you see the OxyContin starting to turn a golden-brown color, turn off the microwave. Almost all of the powder must be golden-brown (if there are a tiny number of white flakes left that’s ok).
5. Place into your freezer for 5-7 min. Then carefully remove from freezer and place onto counter.
6. Using a clean razor blade or a clean smooth knife, carefully scrape the crusted brown OxyContin up. At this point you could eat, snort, or plug the material, all of which would be better choices than injection. If you are going to inject see below:
PART 2 – PREPARE FOR INJECTION
9. After scraping it up on the plate, chop the Oxy up into smaller pieces.
10. Add powder to spoon. Add water (quantity depending on the syringe size available).
11. Stir water and push all of pill material into center of spoon.
12. Heat till boiling, stir while cooling, repeat. Water in spoon will turn brown and pill material will gel/turn gooey. Not all water will turn gooey though, hence the need for extra water in spoon. You may want to add a bit of extra water during this process. *QUESTION: SHOULD THE SOLUTION BE ALLOWED TO COOL COMPLETELY AT THIS POINT, OR BEFORE THE MICRON FILTERING? (note: it MUST be cooled at least before the micron filtering)
13. Using a cotton or cigarette filter, draw solution into syringe.
14. Using a micron filter, re-filter the solution. Solution can also 'thinned-out' by drawing up sterile water. *see the micron filter instructions below for how to do this
15. Administer injection of solution or administer solution rectally.
16. You can do a "wash" on the gel material left behind in the spoon and filter that in case there is any remaining drug.
NOTE: Even doing all this does not guarantee that it will be safe. The micron filter is a very important step.
MICRON FILTER INSTRUCTIONS – PERFORM AT STEP 5 ABOVE – See Micron Filter thread for more details
1. Put solution in luer lock syringe.
2. Replace the needle tip with a micron filter.
3. Put on a new needle tip to the end of the micron filter and slowly squirt the solution into the sterile vial.