• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-FA: Nearly Pissed Myself (Neuromuscular Transmission)

m060mm

Bluelighter
Short Version: 4-FA seems to be creating skeletal (or cardiac) muscle tension and relaxing smooth muscle.

Any guesses about how this might happen?

Have you heard of it happening before?

--

I've had a very moderate amount of 4-FA in the past. Typically 3-4 doses of 25-40mg over the course of a day. Maybe two dozen of these days in the past year, since coming across the substance.

It wasn't until maybe halfway through this timeline that I'd notice muscle stiffness or twitches; something I'd never experienced on various other stimulants. Then I started having paresthesia-like issues with the muscles on the left side of my chest when I took 4-FA.

Now these sensations would occur with any stimulant, but particularly with 4-FA. Then the incontinence started. Well, the passive mechanism to withhold urine will randomly release. Naturally it's not too difficult to stop - you do it reflexively. Still concerning.

Today specifically, it's continually happened. I mean, every two minutes or so. If you're not familiar, 4-FA is a very strong diuretic, but I make sure to keep hydrated.. but I urinate frequently enough that this isn't a capacity issue or anything. I'm eating, drinking and I supplement enough that it's very unlikely I'm deficient in any minerals, even with stimulant use.

I have heard of stimulant induced twitching and incontinence before, the best remedy is to stop taking stimulants.