• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-10th Dose-Addiction? But I'm only on it 24/7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you why.

Chicken Thigh :D

I also found that mxe/k works great applied topically for burns. I tried rubbing some onto a burn I got from the oven & it definitely helped. I'd rather use a cucumber slice though cuz its cheaper & works just as well.

Last edited:
I have read that there are real cases of irreversible brain damage due to the use dissociatives (such as ketamine, pcp, DXM, it is probably also applies to MXE).
Original document by William E. White ( 1998 )
What do you think about this?

I think this isn't news at all. MXE works like Ketamine and PCP, somewhere in between, and unfortunately nobody knows how much more/less toxic it is, so people should proceed with caution taking this substance too often, too regular. I find it hard to withstand the craving doing some each week, but i have to, since i don't wanna risk causing serious health problems.

But in the end, everyone has to choose for him- or herself.

i feel like if you cant limit yourself to <150mg/month (ie: 3-5 times) then you might be heading towards health issues. It feels benign enough, but until more infor comes out you should be careful and allow time for your brain to return to its normal chemical balance between uses (this applies to any drug really)

Feeling benign doesn't mean you couldn't cause serious harm. 3-5 times a month is way too much. You should really look on Erowid, there's an Article from William E. White about the Neurotoxicity of dissociatives, i.e. Ketamine/PCP/DXM.

I was also a bit reckless, but i think it's safer to limit use to no more than once a month, perhaps less. If you're doing it then a second time on a special occasion, it's surely better than 3-5 times or even more. I know, it's a lovely substance, something really unique, but i think there's more than meets the eye.

BTW, even if the neurotoxicity isn't that much of a prob (which i doubt), there's also the toxicity to the bladder, which is there, only question is: to which extent?

^I think that is sound advice for avoiding psychological issues with dissociative use as well. An ounce of prevention, as they say. However, if they're going with low doses (stimulative rather than dissociative), it might be less of an issue.

You should just read this (perhaps outdated?) but nevertheless interesting Article. I don't think it's written in stone about what this guy is talking, but it's at least some more specific information about dissociatives in general. I think most people do not realize what they're playing with, doing MXE.

And just btw, i don't think low doses on a regular basis are much better than high or higher doses irregular spread over some weeks/months, but that's something we just don't really know anything about.

I did it...

Olney's Lesions have not yet been proven or disproven to manifest in humans

and

The evidence is that ketamine and many other NMDA-receptor antagonists that have been tested in humans, cause an acute disturbance in neural circuitry that leads to psychotic manifestations. These same drugs cause the same disturbance in neural circuitry in rats and when we look at their brains we see evidence for physical neuronal injury. Since no one has looked at the brains of humans immediately after administering these drugs, we do not know whether the physical neuronal injury occurs.
—John Olney, Private correspondence

So i don't know much about modern science, but that doesn't sound good at all.

Last but not least, i don't want to preach that people should avoid this substance, as said, i <3 it, but after some reading i'm just a tiny bit more cautious from now on, even if i'd honestly like to take a dive into some MXE.

But, safety first, right?

Was doing between 50/100mg once a week for about a year, havent touched it for months now. used to love the afterglow, helped me stop doing mephedrone etc, loads of benefits, although in the end i was kinda manic in a good way, but ended up feeling kinda burnt out. such a good long lasting anti depressing motivational substance, used to think i needed the glow, but it was deluding. life is just as good, if not better, without it. still got quite a bit left, no real desire to do it, might ditch it

I used it daily and heavily for a few weeks, loved it to death but then i suddenly got burnt out, like you said. Didn't do anything for me at all really just felt zombiefied. I ended up throwing out my remaining 2 grams even though i was still craving it like a motherfucker despite it doing nothing at all :/

I have mxe that's nearly 2 years old sitting in my computer case. Yes, that's where I hide my stash.

uh, is it still ok to use? i'm a bit scared. anyone know?

Why should it not be ok to use? The worst that could happen is that it's not that potent anymore.

i heard someone say it might be changed chemically from heat or age and it might be dangerous for me

I have mxe that's nearly 2 years old sitting in my computer case. Yes, that's where I hide my stash.

uh, is it still ok to use? i'm a bit scared. anyone know?

Stop hiding your drugs in your computer case. Heat is one of the number one causes of chemical degradation, especially with tryptamine and ergoloid chemicals. There are many far better places to choose.

Stop hiding your drugs in your computer case. Heat is one of the number one causes of chemical degradation, especially with tryptamine and ergoloid chemicals. There are many far better places to choose.

well i think the temp is only at 72f so that's not so bad right?

I have no negativity towards mxe, it's a delightfully fun drug, one of the most enjoyable around. My issue is with perceived benefits from it. My view is that dissociatives have more in common with opiates than with pyschedelics, psychologically speaking, and the risk/benefit of self-medication with them reflects this. Which is to say, it's pretty damn close to 'always a bad idea'.
Real talk.

Probably wouldnt be a waste, but the feeling might be a bit different

Don't forget there's still some MXE in your system (hence the afterglow), so you're about to mix substances.

Status
Not open for further replies.