• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-10th Dose-Addiction? But I'm only on it 24/7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took you 14 years to decide that cigs are boring and useless. I think that means you are not good at quitting things.

Not really? Because prior to that he didn't want to quit. Reading his post, it's my understanding that as soon as he decided to quit, he did it with no problems.

Just tryin'a scare 'em off with the titles by now, are we?

It's in line with the previous threads' titles. I was also considering "I'm bringing mexy back," but didn't want to be pelted with produce for the pun...I'm keeping that one in reserve for now.

Is there any standard dose that people have found most suitable for anti-depressant use? Especially AD use with minimal dissociative effects? I'm really fucking backsliding quickly into severe depression (have been on some sort of SSRI or two for about 10 years, none have particularly helped, hence looking for something different). I used to do K back in the day (15+ years ago, before my nervous system decided to rebel against me and leave me strung out on panic or in depressive hells on and off and completely intolerant to most drugs), but never noticed much of an AD effect. But wasn't depressed at the time either.

Would try K as well, but since this is still legal, might as well see if it works (though I can't imagine it will stay legal in the US for much longer)

if I just roll a little bit of weed around in MXE and smoke it would that be an effective method of administration?

I would say no. Just snort it or swallow it.
If you're intent on smoking it use an oil pipe or sandwich some between some weed in a bowl.
Is there any standard dose that people have found most suitable for anti-depressant use? Especially AD use with minimal dissociative effects? I'm really fucking backsliding quickly into severe depression (have been on some sort of SSRI or two for about 10 years, none have particularly helped, hence looking for something different). I used to do K back in the day (15+ years ago, before my nervous system decided to rebel against me and leave me strung out on panic or in depressive hells on and off and completely intolerant to most drugs), but never noticed much of an AD effect. But wasn't depressed at the time either.

Would try K as well, but since this is still legal, might as well see if it works (though I can't imagine it will stay legal in the US for much longer)
There is no standard dose for something like that.
Tolerance is a huge factor.

Also I wouldn't recommend using such a powerful mind altering drug as an anti depressant. Seems like playing with fire to me.

the anti-depressant qualities come from the afterglow for me. I can just think about the hilarious insights I had from the MXE and giggle to myself about how awesome life is.

Also I wouldn't recommend using such a powerful mind altering drug as an anti depressant. Seems like playing with fire to me.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't recommend using high doses of electricity sent through the brain to induce seizures as an antidepressant either, but it works for some people. (And it's not like we really know the long-term toxicity of any psychotropics really. All of us on psych drugs are kinda in a grand human experiment.) Ketamine research has definitely shown quick and short-lived (few weeks) AD effects from sub-dissociative doses. Everything I've read on MXE has been much more mixed. But I also haven't had time to read all the thousands of posts in all the MXE threads here, so hoping someone could summarize. May just get a gram and test 5mg and then increase until it either feels like it is getting to be too close to a trip or the desired effects are there. Cheap enough for and experiment, even if it doesn't work. Not particularly looking for good trip afterglow, more some kind of sustained effect from dosing once a week or so.

Not really? Because prior to that he didn't want to quit. Reading his post, it's my understanding that as soon as he decided to quit, he did it with no problems.

yep, that's what I was getting at. I had made half-assed attempts at quitting cigs a few times, but it was when I realised that I just didn't enjoy it in any capacity anymore that it became possible to quit. For years I did get something out of it; social interactions, an excuse to take time out from tasks, enjoyable taste of a good smoke (first one of the day is best), and just the simple pleasure of having a cig with a beer or mushrooms or whatever. But when something has become reduced to a mere mechanical habit devoid of enjoyment, it's time to give it the flick. I also find that smoking more than a couple of cigs a day makes me a lot more depressed than usual. Cigarettes have a shocking impact on mood.

On the subject of quitting things which are no longer enjoyable or useful... MXE is a tricky one.

I use MXE far too much (daily), and I don't always enjoy it. It's a bit love/hate at times. Sometimes it's confusing and makes me feel like I'm in this loop where I am just living the same experience over and over, like dejavu in overdrive. It also makes my vision crappy and it's therefore hard to do things on the computer. It's also done bad things to my memory and general ability to recall events in sequence, much to the irritation of my girlfriend who has to remind me of things repeatedly.

But basically it delivers a lot and is more versatile than just about anything else. Some people like marijuana as a staple and adjunct to everything, whereas for me its MXE. Additionally, it's something I can thrash day in/day out with minimal short term side-effects. There's no way I could smoke cannabis daily without becoming an apathetic mess (i know this from experience), or drink alcohol daily without quickly getting physically and mentally run down (also from experience). Stimulants kill my normal eating and sleeping patterns and make me very moody. Psychedelics I love and respect, but there is no way I would want to have those experiences on a daily basis - way too taxing. MXE delivers a lot and has comparatively minimal side-effects (that we know of so far).

Sniffing a bit can make for fun social times, it can take the edge off hangovers of all sorts in low doses, it combines with lots of things really well often acting as a booster in the way it joins in with whatever else you take. Provided the dose isn't too high, it can boost stimulants, psychedelics, opiates, weed & c-noids. And even after all these months of daily use, it can still surprise me with some epic internal journeys that leave me feeling upbeat and connected with life for days afterwards.

I've had issues with motivation (a lack of) and chronic depression since I was a teen, and MXE has actually prompted some real progress and life changes that continue to this day, having gained momentum. That mania and afterglow enthusiasm can lead to tangible improvements in one's life if used productively. If you have some ideas which make you excited and you rave on about them and how they're gonna change things, you come across as being delusional. If, however, you take action with some of those ideas and there are concrete results, then there's potential for real change and expansion.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sorry to post again, just wanted to comment on this quickly because I believe it's true in some cases.

If you are at a point where you believe death may be the only option, then a high dose of something like MXE can allow you to experience death and rebirth within this same lifetime. It can change your whole outlook, and saves the people who care about you a lot of trauma from losing you permanently.

If you are at a point where you believe death may be the only option, then a high dose of something like MXE can allow you to experience death and rebirth within this same lifetime. It can change your whole outlook, and saves the people who care about you a lot of trauma from losing you permanently.

True, though I think for total ego-death/rebirth I might look more towards something like Iboga since it seems like it has a good track record in the reviewing your life and having a plant spirit beat you over the head with your place in the natural things. Again though, not looking for any intense psychedelic experience, really haven't been able to trip for 15+ years, just the AD effects. (at least for now, if things keep getting worse, who knows what I'm willing to try). I just ordered a gram, I'll add my anecdotes to the data stream

Jamshyd's regimen adjusted for potency would have you taking 5 milligrams at a time a few times a day, I think.

If you're feeling suicidal, I recommend posting on Second Opinion or The Dark Side, as may suit your concerns. I do not recommend killing yourself; it is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

if I just roll a little bit of weed around in MXE and smoke it would that be an effective method of administration?

Only the freebase is likely to work in this fashion. You probably don't have freebase.

Last edited:
Methoxetamine has an antidote: Haloperidol (Haldol), a commonly used first generation antipsychotic drug. This is the stuff they will shoot you up with if you present PCP toxicity at the ER. What it does is drastically block your Dopamine D2, Noradrenaline and Sigma receptors. Though a major tranquilizer its nonaddictive and with it not scheduled, its just Rx.

My group uses oral haloperidol to knock down excessive stimulant action of stimulant drugs, but also to knock the "miracle" out of MXE. Of the common blue 5mg Haldol tablets we use 1/4-1 for controlling out-of control MXE experiences, the tablet is chewed and held under the tongue. Generally 1/2-3/4 of a tablet will reduce a rolling MXE experience significantly in 30 minutes and to an alcohollike drunkenness in 1 hour. We use 1/4 tab for apply a slow brake and 1 tab if the experience absolutely has to be terminated as fast as possible (only happened once).

The reason Haldol works so well for MXE is that MXE has significant Dopamine D2 reuptake inhibition, which leads to (over)stimulation, mania and much of the more active mindfuck. The effect of Haldol on MXE is very calming, and it virtually wipes out everything that is miraculous and engaging about the experience if reasonable amounts of MXE were consumed. Its not something that "takes the edge off" like a benzodiazepine, its like a bomb of boring going off.

When i first got mxe i hadne been consuming k in a while... 40-50mg was hole range.. then after a few weeks of daily use i was doing 100 and having beautiful trips still... then i tried snorting it and found it messed me up but is was a much more speedy trip and not as warm and consuming psychedelicly as sublingual... sublingual is this warm enveloping peaceful visual wonderland where as snorting is more buzzy and speedy and schizo... sublingual seems more like k... snorting more like pcp

Also yes... if i take one single big dose i find the duration shorter but the trip more enfulfing and intense ymmv

sublingual is stronger body high feeling and more disorienting.
if you are having issues getting to the hole with your nose you may dose that way instead but maybe use a bit less.

I find if you dose too much MXE creates a down right panic attack that can be pretty ugly for a good 20 minutes or so. Always better not enough than too much with this kind of thing.

I've been following this thread(s) for awhile & been using MXE on & off for like 18 months. As much as I love it I have no problem letting myself run out and then usually after awhile my anxiety/depression returns to it's "normal" level. Well I just got some for the first time since the UK ban from a new source. My first impression was that it may have been cut because it wasn't as potent as what I was getting, but now I'm thinking it might be something else. It feels "lighter" & cleaner and the effects don't linger into the next day, but I'm able to hole just the same but less dark/mindfuck and I can sleep afterward. I haven't had K since the '90's so my memory of it is kinda hazy but I think this is similar if not the same. I actually paid quite a bit less than I have in the past.
I'm not trying to ask or even speculate as to how/why this batch is different but I'm interested in hearing other's experiences with different batches. The source I got it from was not a typical RC vendor but was selling it along with mostly dentistry & medical supplies with a few random chems thrown in.

BTW Any albums by Plastikman are fucking made for the hole. Especially Consumed. I can't believe I used to think it was his most boring work but now I appriciate it's subtle minamalism & texture. Just like a good brain massage.
Anyway...

Last edited:
sublingual is stronger body high feeling and more disorienting.
if you are having issues getting to the hole with your nose you may dose that way instead but maybe use a bit less.

I find if you dose too much MXE creates a down right panic attack that can be pretty ugly for a good 20 minutes or so. Always better not enough than too much with this kind of thing.

I've never tried sublingual dosing but this happened to me tonight with a 18 mg oral dose. I'm not very used to oral dosing I guess, and I hadn't done any MXE in a week so it was pretty uncomfortable for the first hour and a half. I didn't want to snort it though because the last time I did it really fucked with my sinuses.

Once I finish the rest of what I have (200 mg) I think my experiment with MXE will be over forever. I first tried it in march and have been using it 4-5 times a week since then with a month break in april. I've only gone through 2 grams (minus the 200 mg I have left) and even using such small amounts everyday still messes with my mind and body. I don't think i've ever even used more than 70 mg at once before but I'm still worried about what i've done to my mind/body in the last couple months.

I never chunked a ton at once before.. on purpose. Usually happens on accident or I start being a dumbfuck and don't use a scale.

I always bump up to my level I guess
Parachuting it on toilet paper isn't so bad actually.. 30mg at a time.
Seems about right for me.

Kinda sick of putting shit in my nose anyway seems like such a fiendish thing to keep on doing for long.
My first impression was that it may have been cut because it wasn't as potent as what I was getting, but now I'm thinking it might be something else. It feels "lighter" & cleaner and the effects don't linger into the next day, but I'm able to hole just the same but less dark/mindfuck and I can sleep afterward.
+1...
Kinda feeling the same way.

I think the original was where it was at. lol I like them big ol dark creepy holes I had the first time where I thought I was dyin' n shit.
Sorrry I'm a bit slow to catch all this I haven't been on here so much lately.
Get some sleep people.
<3

Last edited:
Actually I think I like the stuff that I have now more than the UK old stuff. I can be totally deep one minute then if I need to use the bathroom or get a drink I just open my eves & get up & I can feel almost sober, walk just fine (almost), then come back & dive right back in. The hole is more "fluffy" & smoother. I'm also not so tempted to just keep going until the sun comes up, so I think this may not be as heavy of a DRI. The afterglow/hypomania is just as nice though. I know that what I have got now is the chinese made stuff.

With any of it though, I always want to sleep all day afterward. I'm getting solid sleep & having dreams (REM) but it feels like it's never enough. Then at night is when my brain wakes up. I've always been a huge nightowl but it's more pronounced now. (I always thought it had to do with the super hot humid weather here in FL)

Jamshyd's regimen adjusted for potency would have you taking 5 milligrams at a time a few times a day, I think.

If you're feeling suicidal, I recommend posting on Second Opinion or The Dark Side, as may suit your concerns. I do not recommend killing yourself; it is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

atara... <3

Heehee.

Been considering writing something more insightful regarding that, chemicals and depression and impermanence, but I'll leave that for when I'm not coming down from MXE...
Gave me an interesting idea to trail around after though. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.