• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-(dimethylamino)-4-(4-methylphenyl)cyclohexan-1-one

Cface

Bluelighter
Friend of mine showed a vendor offering custom synthesis for something called 4-(dimethylamino)-4-(4-methylphenyl)cyclohexan-1-one

Anyone have any information on its profile?

Last edited by a moderator:
No "trade names" - especially when googling them results in a vendor page as the very first result.

This is an arylcyclohexylamine that bears peculiar structural similarities to the "pseudo-fentanyls" like Bromadol, et cetera. 4-keto arylcyclohexylamines have been investigated in some depth before - I believe they are closer to an opioid rather than a dissociative in effects. There are too many structural motifs that reduce efficacy as a dissociative present. This is actually one of the many compounds developed & named in a patent for the Upjohn Company by Dan Lednicer.
In less ... accoutable news, some hackjob SAR studies on PCP are around on this forum where 4-oxo-PCP was tested. It apparently gave opioid effects, not NMDA-mediated. Not going to cite doses.

This thread is a hairline away from getting closed, I don't want to see any vendor talk at all. As far as I can tell this is just all marketing make-believe. I don't think this compound has been specifically named in the literature.

Last edited:
Sorry about the "Trade name" bit. I was trying to use as many names as I could think of so it could get more responses, didn't even think of someone googling the name for vendors.

I think I actually got my answer now, thanks for the information sekio. :)