• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Overdose on MDMA??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT

interesting thread, so sobering to read and really put things in perspective..

Okay, no more 5-HTP, I repeat, NO MORE 5-HTP. Luckily though, we can drop Serotonin Syndrome, you didn't get it, at least I don't think you did, otherwise you'd be having horrible reactions to the 5-HTP. BUT NO MORE OF IT, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, PLEASE LISTEN. THROW THE BOTTLE AWAY IF YOU NEED TO. That's how I got serotonin syndrome :X, and it wasn't till a couple days after I rolled that it happened. I did continue to take the 5-HTP for a few days and one of these days I decided to smoke a nice bong and bam... it's now nearly six months later and I still can't take one hit without getting all the symptoms you describe in your "MDMA overdose" and more. I'll probably never do ecstasy again. This is why you need to stop the 5-HTP. It is not helping you recover any faster and I wouldn't wish what happened to be upon my worst enemy. A little bit of it right after you roll may help some, debateably, but stop taking it, NOW.

So now what you are most likely experiencing is down-regulation of 5-ht serotonin due to the dose of MDMA you took, on top of the complete destruction serotonin axons, which is by the way the neurological reason why you should be adding synthesized serotonin (5-HTP) into your brain. Its pathways are a little shaken up right now and they CANNOT be tampered with. They need to heal on their own.

Down-regulation is somewhat normal and your anxiety and paranoria would be very noticeable due to this. Relax, trust me, your going to be okay. You need to re-wire a bite, but don't let that term scare you, you will be absolutely fine. Do whatever you need to do to help yourself calm down, I know how hard it is not to but there is no need to worry anymore, it will only make this bad time last longer.

You may not believe me when I say working out helps. I assure you, you will feel better (not completely but relative to where you are now) in three days. It'll help you sleep, it'll calm you down and most importantly it'll sprout axons in your brain that begin to replace the ones that have been damaged.

I'm going to direct you here---> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/607040-Serotonin-Syndrome-aftermath There is a lot of information of recovering from neurotoxic damage in that thread Luckily, being that it is likely that you did not get SS (keep a look out for its symptoms though, it is a possibility) you might not have to follow all the guidelines laid out and some of what is discussed may not apply to you. However, MDMA toxicity and SS are very similar in their recovery. The damage that occurs is pretty much the same, it just a matter of how it happened, the severity of it, and the time it will take to recover. I truly wish you the best of luck. I know you'll be fine, just keep a strong head. Feel free the PM me if you ever need.

Hey goo balls .. I was curious as to are u able to smoke weed again since ur whole episode?? I had a similar issue where I've had anxiety trouble sleeping lucid dreams cold sweats weird head pressure since a night of e and Coke ... Tried smoking weed after and it's a weird headrush /anxiety attack... Could this just be from my brain chemicals still being out of week it's been just about 4 weeks since the incident

Okay, no more 5-HTP, I repeat, NO MORE 5-HTP. Luckily though, we can drop Serotonin Syndrome, you didn't get it, at least I don't think you did, otherwise you'd be having horrible reactions to the 5-HTP. BUT NO MORE OF IT, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, PLEASE LISTEN. THROW THE BOTTLE AWAY IF YOU NEED TO. That's how I got serotonin syndrome :X, and it wasn't till a couple days after I rolled that it happened. I did continue to take the 5-HTP for a few days and one of these days I decided to smoke a nice bong and bam... it's now nearly six months later and I still can't take one hit without getting all the symptoms you describe in your "MDMA overdose" and more. I'll probably never do ecstasy again. This is why you need to stop the 5-HTP. It is not helping you recover any faster and I wouldn't wish what happened to be upon my worst enemy. A little bit of it right after you roll may help some, debateably, but stop taking it, NOW.

So now what you are most likely experiencing is down-regulation of 5-ht serotonin due to the dose of MDMA you took, on top of the complete destruction serotonin axons, which is by the way the neurological reason why you should be adding synthesized serotonin (5-HTP) into your brain. Its pathways are a little shaken up right now and they CANNOT be tampered with. They need to heal on their own.

Down-regulation is somewhat normal and your anxiety and paranoria would be very noticeable due to this. Relax, trust me, your going to be okay. You need to re-wire a bite, but don't let that term scare you, you will be absolutely fine. Do whatever you need to do to help yourself calm down, I know how hard it is not to but there is no need to worry anymore, it will only make this bad time last longer.

You may not believe me when I say working out helps. I assure you, you will feel better (not completely but relative to where you are now) in three days. It'll help you sleep, it'll calm you down and most importantly it'll sprout axons in your brain that begin to replace the ones that have been damaged.

I'm going to direct you here---> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/607040-Serotonin-Syndrome-aftermath There is a lot of information of recovering from neurotoxic damage in that thread Luckily, being that it is likely that you did not get SS (keep a look out for its symptoms though, it is a possibility) you might not have to follow all the guidelines laid out and some of what is discussed may not apply to you. However, MDMA toxicity and SS are very similar in their recovery. The damage that occurs is pretty much the same, it just a matter of how it happened, the severity of it, and the time it will take to recover. I truly wish you the best of luck. I know you'll be fine, just keep a strong head. Feel free the PM me if you ever need.

Can anyone clarify whether 5-HTP is OK to take if experiencing LTC or possibly neurotoxicity. I'm roughly 3-4 weeks after use.