• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Did something stupid, is it "ruined" now?

Raysplasher

Greenlighter
Long story short, I had a really bad night on Saturday and did 1000mg at once of pure MDMA. I had rolled on close to 1000 the previous night (over several hours), as I have a fairly high tolerance already. But I still felt a pretty strong sense of euphoria.

I just needed to cope with a traumatic event, but even though I felt great from the concentrated dose, this was extremely stupid and a waste of the drug.

Anyway, this is easily the most I've ever done...2 grams over the course of just 24 hours. Has my tolerance been ruined for a long time?

Last edited:
God damn it! Why can't I get to you people BEFORE you do this?

Much more than just your tolerance has been ruined. More like total 5-HT downregulation. Good luck man... you're going to need it to deal with the storm that is coming. You need to not take ecstasy for a VERY long time. 6 months or so.

Taking a gram is stupid enough... but doing it 2 nights in a row... that's retarded... and doing it while you're already depressed? Good luck man :\

God damn it! Why can't I get to you people BEFORE you do this?

Much more than just your tolerance has been ruined. More like total 5-HT downregulation. Good luck man... you're going to need it to deal with the storm that is coming. You need to not take ecstasy for a VERY long time. 6 months or so.

Taking a gram is stupid enough... but doing it 2 nights in a row... that's retarded... and doing it while you're already depressed? Good luck man :\

More like a couple of years and a good therapist. lolol

Now, I'm not one to say that what you did was a good idea by any means, but I won't bash you or try to scare you for doing it. If you haven't experienced any discernible side effects yet you may not have to worry too much about your life going to hell for this extremely neurotoxic binge. A friend of mine quite recently took 4 grams of molly within three days. First off, for the sake of harm reduction I should say this is one the worst possible things you can ever do and to never do it, ever, or you may be fucked for a long time. However, in all honesty, he's doing fine, at least on the outside. On the inside is a different story, it would make a lot of sense if he were to be going through down-regulation as Folley said. However, down-regulation is not something that's so deceptive. If your going through it, you really should be feeling like absolute shit. None the less, there is re-wiring that needs to be done after such a stupidity large dose (I don't mean to sound like an ass but this is a harm reduction forum so I'm only adhering to its purpose). It seems as if some people are just much more susceptible to extreme long-term damage from reckless MDMA use. You may not have been one of those people, yet. I see that this isn't even what you asked so I'll answer your question without getting into the other part too much.

Yes, your tolerance is going to take a huge hit after this one. That shouldn't be your main concern, or your concern at all. What you should care about is getting your brain back to where it was once. You don't seem to be too worried about your mental health so I'm guessing you don't feel anxious and miserably depressed. You may think your totally fine. What you really are is lucky. Steer clear of molly for a while, your serotonin axons have taken a big enough toll. Let them recover on their own, which they will. No one can tell you how long it will take, but once they're all recovered (I'd say the MINIMUN being half a year) your tolerance should be significantly lowered. Be careful in the future dude..you seem like you got away with something potentially very dangerous, moderation is absolutely necessary when it comes to MDMA.

I honestly felt fine (although tired) the next day and have ever since then. I actually felt great on Sunday night (last night of EDC, obviously didn't do any molly but did about 75mg of adderall).

Since then, I have felt mostly normal. I've been a little down at times going back to a normal routine after EDC, but it's hardly noticeable.

Of course I did something insanely stupid, but as long as I didn't do any permanent physical damage, I'm not concerned about my mental health at the moment.

Last edited:
(last night of EDC, obviously didn't do any molly but did about 75mg of adderall).

That's SERIOUSLY not helping any thing at all.. in fact it probably made it a lot worse.

Also, go on ahead and hop out of the pool man, no SWIMing here, it doesn't protect you at all. I like drugs, and I love to do them.

That's SERIOUSLY not helping any thing at all.. in fact it probably made it a lot worse.

Also, go on ahead and hop out of the pool man, no SWIMing here, it doesn't protect you at all. I like drugs, and I love to do them.

It honestly just seemed to lessen the effect of the adderall. And that's good to know, thanks. Typing SWIM is a pain in the ass.

Yeah man stay clean for some time. Its in your best interest really. You did do damage, but its not permanent. Your brain will heal but more drugs won't help it. They will either stall your recover and set it back. Taking more MDMA when there is already slight damage done can increase it exponentially and blow it way out of proportion. So be safe, man. And wow, what a coincidence, EDC is where my friend did his insane dose too. Damn dubstep concerts and their indirect advocation of taking ridiculous doses of MDMA. Being "a little down" by the way, is perfectly normal after any dose of molly.

And yeah I forgot about the SWIM thing, either edit your post or face potential shut down of this thread.

Last edited:
Being "a little down" by the way, is perfectly normal after any dose of molly.

I know, but I've honestly never experienced a comedown from molly before, and I've been doing it at raves for quite some time now. I just usually wait at least a few weeks in between rolls, and in a couple instances I have taken close to a gram with no after effects the next day other than a nice afterglow. I just figured that I have a high tolerance in general.

I know, but I've honestly never experienced a comedown from molly before, and I've been doing it at raves for quite some time now. I just usually wait at least a few weeks in between rolls, and in a couple instances I have taken close to a gram with no after effects the next day other than a nice afterglow. I just figured that I have a high tolerance in general.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but there has to be some kind of neurotoxicity from that amount of MDMA in such a short amount of time. WHat i'm trying to say is, it might not feel that bad to you and you might not experience a comedown but it's still doing damage to your brain.

I once did 2 grams but spread out over 4 days and honestly it ruined MDMA forever for me. Good luck in your recovery dude.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but there has to be some kind of neurotoxicity from that amount of MDMA in such a short amount of time. WHat i'm trying to say is, it might not feel that bad to you and you might not experience a comedown but it's still doing damage to your brain.

I once did 2 grams but spread out over 4 days and honestly it ruined MDMA forever for me. Good luck in your recovery dude.

i agree... and honestly i am starting to piece together a theory that the majority of negative effects with MDMA use comes from abusing dosage.... e.g. i know *alot* of people that regularly use/abuse MDMA and the ones that report negative effects consistantly are the ones that take high dosages... some of the research studies seem to confirm this; a dosage of 1-1.5 mg/kg seems to be have neglegible neurotoxic effects... ( of course other studies say just the opposite).

Raysplasher, keep drinking green tea, and take Vitamin C every half a day.

Its probably a bit late now the neurotoxicity will be bad but.

You have to quit using mdma for a while now, like 6 months but if you want any support and what not, PM me and ill do my best to help you. 2grams of mdma is an awful lot.

Yeah, man, of course you're right. That's exactly what I was saying in my original post

When you say "neurotoxicity," does that refer to permanent or just temporary brain damage?

I've actually been calling people (nurses, help lines, etc) all day because I'm starting to get worried. Nobody has been able to help; they all just tell me what I already know about the short-term negative effects (heart beating quickly, etc) and try and refer me to a treatment program. That isn't what I need...

Well when I say neurotoxicity I am referring to the mass destruction that occurs to serotonin axons and receptors and the dysfunctional release of hormones that happens while your rolling and then stays that way for a little while after. This happens mostly in the hypothalamus. The part of your brain that controls the endocrine system (which controls hormones secretion). It also has a lot of other functions that involve memory and the sympathetic nervous system but there is no sense in getting into all that now.

The damage that gets done to your brain is temporary, it is always temporary. You brain sprouts new serotonin axons on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean that recovery is fast. Thousands need to be replaced; it's just a matter of time. The rule of thumb is that waiting a month is very beneficial, but it takes about three to fully recover. The more MDMA you do, the longer you have to wait. The more consistent your rolls become, the less time you have to heal, and the greater the damage. Damage is an ugly word yes, but it is really the only one available to describe what happens to your SERT system and possibly even dopamine system after rolling. MDMA is damaging! Yet, the brain will never stop fighting off that damage over time.

Heres the best way that you can help your brain along in the process: exercise. When you target large muscles, or do mass work outs your body releases BDNF. This is the growth hormone that helps your muscle grow, but it also influences your brain to sprout new axon quicker. You will still need to give your brain time to 're-wire', but it helps. You can try eating healthy do, get a lot of tryptophan into your diet: whole grains, turkey, other poultry, fish, cows milk, soy, eggs, spinach.... see a pattern?... eat healthy. Don't worry yourself too much about this, stress will only hold you back. You'll be fine soon enough.

Last edited:
When you say "neurotoxicity," does that refer to permanent or just temporary brain damage?

I've actually been calling people (nurses, help lines, etc) all day because I'm starting to get worried. Nobody has been able to help; they all just tell me what I already know about the short-term negative effects (heart beating quickly, etc) and try and refer me to a treatment program. That isn't what I need...

read this on neurotoxicity http://dancesafe.org/drug-information/ecstasy-slideshow

MDMA neurotoxicty is basically complete destruction of the 5-HT (serotonin) receptor sites. Total down-regulation, you're brain is completely rewired and it will most likely struggle for the next few months to a year to rewire itself back into the way it was supposed to be.

I think you guys are seriously overplaying the damage that a dose of 2 grams of MDMA will do to you, granted the dose is high, but a lot of the "damage" that many of you guys are referring to has to do with an individual's response to the drug, and the amount of times an individual consumes the drug. In fact, since this is pretty far from an overdose, I doubt that any "damage" that has happened already will not be reversible. Our neurons are dying off all the time (why memory/cognitive skills can decay with age), and if you lose some serotonin transporters or screw with your dopamine circuit it probably isn't going to have a catastrophic effect.

Nevertheless, if you have a predisposition for mental illness or have an improper chemical balance in your brain due to poor diet/lack of exercise/whatever, than ecstasy can push you over the edge to make these conditions more apparent, which why it is always necessary to exercise caution. You seem fine though, and I think the best thing for you is to not worry about it too much, take a break from ALL drugs, and think about ways to improve your life. You are not just defined some subset of serotonin/dopamine receptors, so you shouldn't be so anxious about it, that will just compound on itself and make you feel worse.

Good luck man, and if you do decide doing ecstasy again (I suggest waiting SEVERAL months maybe a year or two..), be careful and don't fuck around with such high dosages.

I think you guys are seriously overplaying the damage that a dose of 2 grams of MDMA will do to you, granted the dose is high, but a lot of the "damage" that many of you guys are referring to has to do with an individual's response to the drug, and the amount of times an individual consumes the drug. In fact, since this is pretty far from an overdose, I doubt that any "damage" that has happened already will not be reversible. Our neurons are dying off all the time (why memory/cognitive skills can decay with age), and if you lose some serotonin transporters or screw with your dopamine circuit it probably isn't going to have a catastrophic effect.

I don't really disagree with any of this except for the first part. You are right. However, it's not enough EVERY DOSE of MDMA will do damage, not a lot granted but some, that's why you need to wait between your rolls. Damage in the sense that your serotonin receptors will need to regenerate a bit and so will your overall serotonin count. But yes, your past history will play a role in susceptibility to future damage.

Plus, no one said that the damage isn't reversible. I tried to make it very clear that it is, it just takes time.

So, like. I have friends who whenever they have lots of pure mdma (they had 10 grams a few weeks ago), they took about 4 grams each in a 3 day interval at a festival. And before that, they did the same kinds of shit, like taking 500+ minimum in a night, then rolling the next day, etc.

And it's not like it was shit mdma. I rolled my ASS off (had a plus four) on just 200mg of the very same MDMA they usually take 500-1000mg a night.

I tried to tell them thia stuff but they don't really care. They just use whatever drugs they can. They even shoot up MDMA.

I've noticed they tend to forget things, a LOT.

When they're rolling, they just seem normal, not really euphorical at all lol. They obviously fucked their brains a lot.