• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hydromorphone 16mg extended release. Can you Shoot them?

annahj

Greenlighter

This is my first thread so I hope that I am doing this right. I have been coming to this website for over a year and I just now registered because I have a lot of questions and you guys seem to know it all. I have been doing Dilaudid for over 4 years now, but it has always been the 4mg or 8mg instant release. But the main doctor that supplies a lot of the people that I know get their Dilaudid has gotten in trouble for it so he has been taking all his patients off the Dilaudid. But he put my friend on Hydromorphone 16mg extended release. I don't like to take anything by mouth. I am very impatient. So I have these 16mg Hydromorphone and I am asking for help to shoot it up. Will someone please tell me how. I know there is a way because someone told me, but the person that knows how is in jail so I cant get the info from him. Please let me know something. Thank you so much.

This forum is for technical support and site feedback, so I am going to move this to the correct forum. There might be an existing thread on this so this might get closed, but you will be given the proper info first.

Support --> OD

Thank you. So how do I get it in the right place?
And also how do I find the thread that is on this. I have been looking but with no luck.

If your talking about the capsules all u have to do is crush the beads between 2 spoons then cook it up as u would with dilaudid

Tommyboy has already moved it to the "Other Drugs" forum, which covers intermediate HR discussion on opioids. Injecting ER pills is a pretty complicated process. You will need to find out:
A) how to extract the hydromorphone from the ER material
B) how to inject pills safely

What kind of pills do you have?

Here is a thread about injecting Opana ER:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ing-injecting-retal?highlight=opana+injecting

Here is the "megathread" about preparing drugs for injection using a micron filter:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ega-Thread-and-FAQ?highlight=micron+filtering

Here is the "megathread" about everything to do with hydromorphone:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...e-MEGA-THREAD-and-FAQ?highlight=hydromorphone

If your talking about the capsules all u have to do is crush the beads between 2 spoons then cook it up as u would with dilaudid

I would NOT suggest doing that. Regular Dilaudid is much safer and easier to prepare for injection (than ER forms of hydromorphone) as the inactive ingredients are relatively benign. But you shouldn't even be "cooking" Dilaudid, you want to remove the inactive ingredients and if you heat them they will dissolve into your solution. With ER formulations you really need to remove the inactive ingredients as injecting them could be very dangerous.

They are Hydromorphone 16mg. They are yellow. I looked them up online to make sure they were real. When you take the coating off the inside is half white and the other half is a grayish/black color. The person that told me before he went to jail said that I had to remove the dark part from the pill that the white part was the actual hydromorphone.

Its not the capsules. It is a yellow pill. I looked it up online to be sure that it was what it was supposed to be. I don't do anything that I don't know for sure what it is, because of the fact that I only shoot up. I dont like to take them. They don't work for me like that.

They are Hydromorphone 16mg. They are yellow. I looked them up online to make sure they were real. When you take the coating off the inside is half white and the other half is a grayish/black color. The person that told me before he went to jail said that I had to remove the dark part from the pill that the white part was the actual hydromorphone.

Do you mean the Exalgo ones? They are yellow and round and say EXH 16 on them?

I would really NOT suggest injecting these because of their inactive ingredients, but if you are insistent upon doing it anyway you might want to read up on how people were able to extract the drug from Oxycontin OP and from Opana ER, as I believe their "tamper-proof" formulations are very similar. Here is what I was able to find out about Exalgo hydromorphone 16mg ER:

The formulation characteristics are an osmotic-release oral system that alters the pharmacokinetics resulting in a potentially lower abuse potential. It contains BHT and polyethlyene oxide, the 2 new ingredients in the reformulated OxyContin (OP's).

Exalgo uses a novel bilayer tablet system, the OROS® Push-Pull™ technology, to release hydromorphone at a relatively constant rate during a 24-hour period. The outside is a very hard shell, difficult to break. The osmotic delivery system is designed to release hydromorphone at a controlled rate over an extended period of time (24hrs).

The oral ingestion of an intact pill will result in the passing of a "ghost" pill, after it is fully absorbed.

With intravenous abuse, the tablet excipients, especially polyethylene oxide, can be expected to result in necrosis and inflammation of cardiac tissues.

So you really need to properly remove that shit from the hydromorphone in order to inject it. Read the threads I linked above.

I found one method to turn the ER into IR, but this still needs additional steps before it could be injected:

1. With your fingernail peel off the outer most colorful layer. This should come off in one to two large eggshell like piece. Inside you will see two layers. One layer is white and one is off-grey.
2. Hidden is another clear layer shell. Cut the pill in half with scissors and then again with your fingernail or exacto peel off this clear layer which reminds me of tape. This layer is difficult to get off and you may get some big pieces but plan on several breaks.
3. Now you have a white layer and grey layer. Cut the white layer off and retain this portion as you can disregard all other parts of the pill at this time. This includes the grey layer (ejection layer) which as far as I can tell contains no good shit and is only part of the delivery system.
4. Crush up the white layer as it will crumble with preassure now that the clear shell has been removed. This white clumpy powder is now able to be worked with. I will not sniff this as it gels once it gets moists. However, orally taking the 16mg of clumpy powder will show that you now have full access to the good stuff of the pill and it is no longer extended locked. Enjoy... and be careful. Thats a lot of shit in there.

You could try this and then take them orally or rectally, at least you'd be getting regular hydromorphone and not extended release. Also I hope it goes without saying, but be extremely careful with the dosage on these.

If you absolutely "must" inject them and fully understand how unsafe and risky this is and how horrible it is for your veins, then you could follow the instructions in the thread I already posted :
1. Add powder to spoon. Add water (quantity depending on the syringe size available)
2. Stir water and push all of pill material into center of spoon.
3. Heat till boiling, stir while cooling, repeat. Water in spoon will turn brown and pill material will gel/turn gooey. Not all water will turn gooey though, hence the need for extra water in spoon.
4. Using a cotton or cigarette filter, draw solution into syringe.
5. Using a micron filter, re-filter the solution. Solution can also 'thinned-out' by drawing up sterile water. *see the micron filter thread for how to do this
6. Administer injection of solution or administer solution rectally.
7. You can do a "wash" on the gel material left behind in the spoon and filter that in case there is any remaining drug.

Even doing all this does not by any means guarantee that it will be safe. The micron filter is a very important step.

Bottom line: don't inject these. It's really a huge hassle and is not safe. If you do it wrong it could kill you.

Last edited:
That method is a lot like what I was told to do. I did all that then heated it and it turned into a lot of jell. But I was not sure if I was doing the right thing by taken the gray off. Guess he was right.

That method is a lot like what I was told to do. I did all that then heated it and it turned into a lot of jell. But I was not sure if I was doing the right thing by taken the gray off. Guess he was right.
Yeah, do NOT inject the gel. I edited my post to explain what to do after you've gotten the powder out of the pill. But I would never do this myself and am by no means recommending it or saying it would be safe. I would seriously consider taking it orally or rectally. If you are going to inject, the micron filter is absolutely important and depending on where you live you might only be able to buy a micron filter online (in some parts of the world you can get them from a needle exchange but I don't know where you live).

Thank you. So how do I get it in the right place?
And also how do I find the thread that is on this. I have been looking but with no luck.

We have two different search engines on the top right. If you use the bottom one then click the 'advanced search' link, and choose the option to 'search thread titles only' in the keywords section.

You shouldn't shoot these... You should never 'have' to cook a pill to inject it.

Is it better to change it from er to ir and then use the process for the new opanas and then swimmingdancer method to cook it?

I know how to get the hard outer shell off and the separate the white half (good part) from the grey half (bad part). Can someone say how to plug the good part? If it gels, do you not use water? Do you not use the syringe? I have never plugged before......

I currently plug maybe 4 4mg instant release hydromorphonefor pain relief daily (plus I take extended release as well) I am running lowon my instant release, can I plug my 9mg or 6mg capsules of extended release ofhydomophone safely? Or somewhat safely?

I know some risks are inherently there doing such a thing:
So how did you do it? Say, with exalgo/ Dilaudid ER 32mg with the shell and the two different colors. The person who wants to know IMed what little was got from it for fear they did it wrong. I know nothing about why there are two colors… I have a wheel filter that I've used many times, one is broken - used to much, & I just don't see this thick stuff going through the wheel filter.
Please help me find a way to remove the goo agents from it as much as possible, & make it as safe as possible to iv. He's tends to use a 3cc leur lock syringe with a 30ga needle, but also have some 1cc syringes with 29 ga needles. Sorry if this is tmi, but someone please answer me. The person trying this is going to keep trying until they're either wasted, all or gets it right, so I'd rather get the best info I can from here. Inbox me if you must. Sorry if the third person speak bothers you, I know it used to be the norm & heavily advocated,
Thanks.
—Issokay

It will re-gel even after you dissolve it perfectly...(through the ice water method)
do NOT IV w / o a micron !