• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quitting/Tapering Thread.

I got lucky when it came to stopping cigs, i was in paxil WD (horrible) and would vomit every drag i took, so after a month of paxil WD and no cigs, i was so happy and had NO cravings for it. Keep in mind i only became addicted to cigs because i liked them on opiates (didnt like them much when sober) so u think i had it easier then some people in that respect. OC wasnt too hard to taper as my mother had the meds, the final drop at 22mg was shitty but doable.
Now im trying to taper my kratom habit just to save some money. I think im more psychologically addicted to kratom because it saved me from major depression and anxiety, also almost curing all my social anx. Does anybody have any tips that i can use to help me with my kratom taper? im on 10mg valium/day if that helps.

^ not many australians have a lot of experience with kratom as it has been illegal here for some time.
possibly a blessing in disguise?

I've been addicted to IV heroin and am attempting to quit starting today to save my job and basically my life. Because if I lost this job I'd probably get kicked out of my house and if that happened and I became homeless again I'd take intentionally overdosing into serious consideration

I just made my first blog entry which was realllllllly freaking long with all the details of my trying to quit if anyone cares to read it

wish me luck

^Good luck! And don't beat yourself up - it doesn't help :)

The more I look back, I see tapering more or less a waste of time.

The only reason i ever tapered was money, so I just moved the smack use down to once every week or 2 weeks. But the only true way to treat addiction is by replacing the 'habit' with some kind of positive habit. Get addicted to a hobby in a sense - something positive in your life that makes you want to live to see tomorrow.

It pains me to say it, but all those years of being 'addicted' was just a farce to put off what was really important in life.

Perhaps setting long term goals. Last year my goal was to be off smack by 30, good news is I was off 8 months before I turned 25. New goal to keep this enforced was to be a dad who my son could respect by the time he was old enough to think I was actually some loser drug addict - good news here is my son and I get along brilliantly and I'd never change that for the world.

Constantly life will try to get you down, relapse triggers are everywhere - so then you need to remove the triggers, be that bad friendship circles or whatever. In my case, I tend to be a role model or leader within my group of mates most the time, so of those I used to use with regularly, I can safely say at least 80% of those friends have also ceased use completely and focused on new and exciting things in life rather than chasing negative highs.

I really urge anyone battling addiction to take on a more holistic approach to drug use cessation as opposed to going straight for replacement therapies, tapering or whatever - use counseling services, speak to people, friends, family etc about your struggle and remove the things that make you want to use.

Whilst I understand that it's all 'not so easy', it really is - it just takes willpower, positive enforcement and a good attitude to see yourself through.

Hell if I can come off an 8ball a day habit to 100% clean, anyone can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ poppy seed tea.

Just of out of interest, for the heroin users here who/were are doing like a gram plus a day, how do you manage to finance a habit like that? I'm not that cluely with smack prices, but I have an idea that it would be a significant amount of money and more than most people earn a day.

Mr Ibis: I get what you mean, and I think for some people, or some types of drugs that tapering is necessary. benzos in particular, it is completely necessary to taper due to the risk of seizure if you stop cold turkey. Alcohol, for the same reason, also needs benzos to be substituted with it.

I had a successful business which I ran into the ground because of heroin/depression. I spent six figures which could have paid off my mortgage straight into my arms. Instead of paying off my house, now I don't own one.

Everyone has been saying that 2-4mg of subs is more then enough with any kind of habit but i took 2 mg this morning waited an hour and a half then took another 2mg.... when i still felt like shit an hour and a half later i took the rest of the strip to make it all 8mg.. id say that took 95%the of my withdrawal away but the 2-4 mg definately wasnt cutting it. Btw i was shooting half a gram to a gram of GOOD raw a day

I plan on doing a taper and will write on my blog dosages and how it goes. Planned on tryint to not take any subs today but fuck after about 30. Hours after my last shot i felt like shit and couldnt wait any longer. Besides i have 4 or 5. More sub strips before i gotta get any more

^ When I tried using subs from a habit similar to yours I found I had to use at least 16mgs before I got any relief at all. I was snorting them as well, which apparently raises the bioavailability and kicks in quicker. It's not nice sniffing that much crappy tasting shit up your nose though.

I'm glad this topic has so few replies, it must mean the majority of AUDD aren't addicted to anything at the moment, or they've already got clean.

Congratulations everyone!

I hope to join you by next year, that's been my goal since I started this whole methadone thing, now that I have a doctor who understands me and my wish to get clean, I've got an even better chance of that happening. Even though I've had a few set-backs, I can still do it if I endure an enormous amount of pain... well, more pain than I originally anticipated anyway. It's going to be enormously painful regardless of how many set backs, but now I have to do weekly reductions instead of fortnightly if I want to meet my goal.

Again, well done Bluelight AU. You make me proud.

I'm glad this topic has so few replies, it must mean the majority of AUDD aren't addicted to anything at the moment, or they've already got clean.

Congratulations everyone!

maybe it means people are habituated but doing nothing about it!? ;)

My doctors tapering me down from 5mg of xanax to four next week to treat my not existant anxiety problems and fake addiction.

Really starting to feel bad about being completly dishonest to his face to get the drug I want.

I just quit valium cold turkey after returning from overseas. It's been 7 days now and it hasnt been too bad. Was taking about 10-20mg daily for 3 months with xanax thrown in occasionally, so just decided to stop rather than taper off.

Have tapered off a worse valium habit before over a 9 month period and honestly feel it was a waste of time, wish I just got off it waaaayy quicker.

I've removed some off topic posts. Please keep on the topic of quitting or tapering , not doctor shopping or drug availability.

Christ there are alot of rules on this forum.

I was asked how many doctors I went to berfore getting the script I wanted, I didnt post any tips or tricks on how to manipulate a GP.

Why was my post deleted?

The question wasn't appropriate for this thread, and neither was your answer. This is the quitting/tapering thread and that discussion has no relevance here.

I just quit valium cold turkey after returning from overseas. It's been 7 days now and it hasnt been too bad. Was taking about 10-20mg daily for 3 months with xanax thrown in occasionally, so just decided to stop rather than taper off.

Have tapered off a worse valium habit before over a 9 month period and honestly feel it was a waste of time, wish I just got off it waaaayy quicker.

valium has a long half life, and withdrawal might be delayed for up to 2 weeks i think. does anybody else think he might start his WD soon?