• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quitting/Tapering Thread.

I think if it's holding your withdrawals at bay, you'll be better off in the end if you don't dose now.
But go with what feels right for you.
The more minor discomfort you can put up with now (and the lower you can taper down to) the more successful you are likely to be in avoiding serious withdrawals.
Take care, you're doing great!

Thank you for the encouragement! ♡ im trying to stay strong...i finally got dope sick two hours ago and i took 1mg/.25mg which didnt seem to help so i tool the same dose an hour ago and i feel better.

tapered from 300-400mg/day tramadol to 25mgx2/day for the past 3 days. trying to kick a 8 month habit.

after 6 months or so i knew i had to stop soon. tried twice before caving. this time im really motivated to kick it. no more little voices saying "tomorrow, start tommorow." i dont want to have to dose everyday just to not feel shit, and take 400mg just to feel merely "good".

so far symptoms include strong depression/anxiety, sore joints all over. 2-3 hours/per night sleep. a nasty headcold/sore throat that may actually be a coincidence which sucks, but whatever. having said that im actually really exited. i truly know that the depression/anxiety is going to pass, and i can rationalize that into being superficial. right now i have the willpower to keep going, and that actually makes me feel proud.

i have 200mg left. plan is to take 25mg tonight. then 1x25 tommorow and the next day before jumping off completely. if i take a bad turn after that and get really sick/electric shocks, shakes etc i will probably jump back onto 25 for a while then try again. i have to hide my use/symptoms unfortunately. all on my own :(

been on 25mg/day tramadol for about 5 days. symptoms are mild apart from a terrible hacking dry cough and headcold.

i fucked up today and snuffed a line on H. how much can i expect this to set me back? all my symptoms have stopped immediately after having a snuff. i have 25mg tramadol left and am worried that i wont be able to jump off. would it be smart to source more tramadol and to have 25mg doses available? i dont want to get symptoms that look like drug withrawal. i can justify the flu like symptoms to my family.

please dont worry - im not concerned about picking up an H problem. i use it as a weekend/party drug and thats it. tramadol is my vice and the drug that i will probably always need to be careful of falling back into a daily habit. i really really want off. i need a long break of natural serotonin production. its the munty, antidepressant effect of the tramadol the fits me so well.

I am currently tapering off of 90mg oxycontin under doc’s supervision. I am over 50, female and I have been in PM for say 10 years due to back injury. Luckily, noone is forcing me to do this, I just want to be free of the constant worry and the condescending view people have of me. There is a huge heroin epidemic in the US, especially my state, and everyone is blaming the oxy, even if it is prescribed and taken as directed. So I have tapered down to 40mg in two months with moderate agitation, depression, lethargy and overall achy feeling. 40 is getting harder and I am going to slow down and let my body adjust before my next reduction. My doctor says that because of my age and the length of time I have been on the meds I should go slow so I do not shock my system. I am sure the hardest part will be going without altogether but I will deal with that when I get there.
I have never been able to find a thread from someone who took months to taper down and off so I have no idea if I will be successful . . . I really need to do this. The doctor gave me tizanadine and some klonopin. The worse part is a feeling of isolation as this is not something I want to broadcast. Another important reason to stop is th DUID (driving) issue. The police are arresting more and more people for driving “under the influence” even though when I take it, it just makes me feel normal. I guess there are new studies/research that conclude that the pain meds are causing more pain than relief. I do not think this is the case with me as I have been in much more pain during the last two months . . . maybe this will pass at some point after I am off completely. I hope so. If anyone else has ever successfully completed a slow taper over several months, I would love tho hear from you. Thanks for listening and good luck on your taper footcrazy.

MrIbis
I found your post most inspiring . . . I am trying to write out a list of a few things I want to accomplish today and see if I can focus enough to complete the list. Thanks for your post.

I am currently tapering off of 90mg oxycontin under doc’s supervision. I am over 50, female and I have been in PM for say 10 years due to back injury. Luckily, noone is forcing me to do this, I just want to be free of the constant worry and the condescending view people have of me. There is a huge heroin epidemic in the US, especially my state, and everyone is blaming the oxy, even if it is prescribed and taken as directed. So I have tapered down to 40mg in two months with moderate agitation, depression, lethargy and overall achy feeling. 40 is getting harder and I am going to slow down and let my body adjust before my next reduction. My doctor says that because of my age and the length of time I have been on the meds I should go slow so I do not shock my system. I am sure the hardest part will be going without altogether but I will deal with that when I get there.
I have never been able to find a thread from someone who took months to taper down and off so I have no idea if I will be successful . . . I really need to do this. The doctor gave me tizanadine and some klonopin. The worse part is a feeling of isolation as this is not something I want to broadcast. Another important reason to stop is th DUID (driving) issue. The police are arresting more and more people for driving “under the influence” even though when I take it, it just makes me feel normal. I guess there are new studies/research that conclude that the pain meds are causing more pain than relief. I do not think this is the case with me as I have been in much more pain during the last two months . . . maybe this will pass at some point after I am off completely. I hope so. If anyone else has ever successfully completed a slow taper over several months, I would love tho hear from you. Thanks for listening and good luck on your taper footcrazy.

Hey Lily. Warm showers or baths are really good for when you are having a bad time. I find the pain and withdrawals come in waves. Learn to catch the waves and manage them. Low intensity walking is another really good one. Getting your natural endorphins running really helps. There is a drug in trials across the US that will reduce "withdrawals" by over 80%. Its called Ibudilast and the human trials are going extremely well. Ask your doctor if that's an option.

Also you could consider suboxone or subutex (same drug with some important differences) are a suitable alternative. It creates little to no "high", is long lasting and is much easier to taper down whilst providing very good pain relief. Its commonly used to treat addiction however I have read hundreds of posts from around the interwebs about people with chronic pain transferring from Oxy and other opiates to suboxone/subutex. Its a lot easier to taper down with this drug. Its main ingredient is a synthetic opiate called buprenorphine.

Re your other comment I find the social taboo of drugs is a massive problem and is driving so many terrible repercussions. The drug taboo/denial is akin to homesexuality and being in the closet. I have had gay friends who have had massive problems coming out of the closet and it struck me a few years ago that the feelings and issues they went through are so similar to the ones that I feel in the drug closet.

I'm a professional, I have a family, own a house, animals, vehicles. I give to my community and discharge my responsibilities and accountabilities. I don't drink, smoke (cannabis, or anything else) and yet even with my liberal friends I find myself unable to share with them my drug life. My family and parents are very liberal (in the US sense) and despite this and because of the huge taboo of having children and taking hard drugs it's almost impossible to talk about it.

I hate having to hide my drug use.

Such hiding is not without its costs. I have to admit the last couple of years have been difficult. Depression, anxiety, a lot of stress. Yet being truthful now that i near middled age it's no longer a simple matter of just giving up. Since the age of 12 I have had exposure to large quantities of drugs. I used heroin and consumed (ate by accident) an ounce of cannabis in a single sitting all before I was 14. Despite a rocky adolescence I have survived my mistakes and have prospered. It upsets me to no end that I have to sneak around as a criminal. Meeting dealers, taking on badly cut drugs and all of the rest of the issues and risks despite doing the right things in every other part of my life.

The DUI thing especially plays on my mind. Constantly I worried whenever I drive of being pulled over. The fines, and utter hate by the emergency services for anyone who uses drugs. Worse I worry about being sick in the health system. In my youth I suffered a major overdose/stroke like event from a hot shot a friend gave me (that in hindsight could have been an attempted murder thing). Left to die on the floor of the emergency room by triage I was only saved by a nurse who was on their way to another job. Just sort of by accident that saw me compulsing on the floor in a fit like manner that I lived that night.

Due to a serious of bad luck (nothing to do with drugs) I have had constant contact with the medical system and hospitals. Without a doubt these institutions are filled with drug hating nurses and doctors whose contempt and bitterness for drug users has no equal. Shit if a Islamic State terrorist who had just bombed a kindergarten was wheeled into the hospital they'd get better care than a drug user.

The world is changing though and the wave of legalisation is picking up. I want a world where hard drugs are regulated via clinics. Where functional users get takeaways, education and support whilst and dysfunctional, violent people are required to dose on site with professional where they can receive support and where the billions wasted in law enforcement, prisons and the judiciary can be redirected into early intervention programs, group homes, public housing, job training and programs. Where nurses and case managers can visit these broken people and help them.

Instead of the jack booted parasitic cop who preys on drug users/dealers (and to be frank most of us who use deal on the side) we can respond to the huge amount of human suffering by actually fixing and helping these people.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for replying to my post Chugs. I am trying to avoid suboxone since I am down to 40mg for 2 1/2 months now. These withdrawal symptoms will have to ease up sometime. Oddly, they are bad in the morning and mid afternoon but they get better as the day goes on . . . only to start the whole thing again the next day. Sorry to hear you are dealing with the same problems. I hope this new drug, Ibudilast, turns out to be helpful to all of us.[/FONT]

I want a world where hard drugs are regulated via clinics.

I agree. I also suffer from drug addiction. I went ten years using heroin doing an average of .5 grams a day intravenously. Three years ago I hit rock bottom as I was stealing money from friends and family to maintain my habit. I almost lost everything and everybody in my life including my two children. I tried so hard to quit before but couldn't go more than a few months clean because my PAWS were very bad. I still had shakes, sweats, chills, anxiety, RLS, and insomnia after three months clean and couldn't take it anymore and picked up again. I finally stumbled across bluelight.org and found a ton of useful information on ways to taper and quit for good. What worked for me was 7 grams of Kratom three times a day for the first two weeks. I had withdrawal symptoms but they were relatively mild compared to what I was used to. After the first two weeks I felt 100% better and was able to taper the kratom down .5 grams every week until I was down to 1 gram three times a day. That took about three months then I switched to taking 4mg of loperamide twice daily. I had to stay at that level for about a month or I would feel symptoms again. After that month I dropped 1mg every two weeks until I was at nothing. My taper program took a total of almost nine months with no withdrawal symptoms after the first two weeks. I recommend doing a slow taper to make it as comfortable as possible and not have to deal with PAWS. I was clean for over two years! Five months ago I started shooting up again because I'm fucking retarded I guess? Anyway I'm working on a new taper program as we speak. Unfortunately I could not afford Kratom this time as I depleted all I have saved for the last two years in 5 months. Im using just loperamide this time and it is much worse withdrawal. I am now 5 days clean and at about 90% Ive been taking about 80mg of loperamide once daily. I should be leveling out in the next day or two so I can start dropping 2mg twice a week until I get to 20mg a day then I will just drop 1mg a week. Wish me luck!!!

I am tapering off about 20mg hydromorphone nasal. Going to drop quick over next 2 days as I am running out. This will get interesting....wish me luck!!!!

Will use high doses of pregabalin and loperamide, together with exercise and lots of water to get over the withdrawal. We'll see how it goes.....but I am hopeful.

20mg seems like a low dose, but I am sure going CT will be difficult. I wish you luck and congrats on your decision to quit. I think the pregabalin will help immensely. Keep us posted on your progress!

Had anyone here had any luck quitting shard without having to go rehab? I'm probably about 3 years in and I'm tired of living this life but I can't live without it for even a fortnight.

I really want to be happy without it again but I don't want to leave my job to go to some treatment centre, was there something that made the cravings easier to pass by like weed or drinking?

Any genuine replies are appreciated.

Had anyone here had any luck quitting shard without having to go rehab? I'm probably about 3 years in and I'm tired of living this life but I can't live without it for even a fortnight.

I really want to be happy without it again but I don't want to leave my job to go to some treatment centre, was there something that made the cravings easier to pass by like weed or drinking?

Any genuine replies are appreciated.

So firstly. Withdrawals aren't actually a lack of heroin. Its actually your last shot that makes you sick. See the metabolites of heroin M3G and M6G do two different things. M6G is the shit that makes you high whilst M3G goes an activates a part of your brain called TL4. TL4 activation produces some really fucked up shit called proinflammatory cytokines. This give you depression, anxiety, fever, flu like symptoms, pain and discomfort. Normally you don't feel this shit because M6G is so powerful it covers up the discomfort.

However this explains why tolerance is a problem with opiate users. The amount of M3G builds up and up require more and more M6G to break through.

Thus the amount of pain and discomfort you experience is directly related to the amount of proinflammatory cytokines you have which is in turn is directly related to how much heroin you last took. This is why longer tapers and reductions in the amount you use result in a reduction in the discomfort. Its also clear that M3G has a far longer half-life then M6G. This is why when the M6G stops working you go into pain and discomfort. I think if your taking less then 200MG of heroin you'll find your symptoms far more managable then if your last shot was gram or more.

Now I also think that much of the discomfort is amplified by fear. I've heard of people on placebo style doses i.e. 1mg of opiate X and when they were told by the study they go into instant world ending pain (that we call withdrawals - but isnt' isn't anything like that).

So to summarise. Opiate withdrawals aren't technically withdrawals i.e. pain caused by the lack of withdrawals as technically speaking you still have opiates in your blood activating parts of your brain making you sick. It is when your body has finally metablised all of that M3G that you will start to feel better. Thus the word withdrawal is wrong and should be replaced with something like 'dope sickness'

Though i have a theory on why we are "addicts" (basically our TL4 is always being activated hence why we naturally graivate to a drug that takes away the pain).

So firstly this thread that you posted in has a mountain of really great techniques to reduce the pain associated with this problem. But to refresh:

1. Loperamide is a opiate that is used in anti diarrhea medicine. For some reason it binds to the opiate receptors in your stomach (hence why heroin makes you constipated) but can't make it through the blood brain barrier so you can't get high off of it. Technically there are way getting it past the blood brain barrier but their pretty convoluted and complex for very little benefit.
  2. Clonidine. Speak to your doctor. This blood pressure med helps as well. You could also ask for some zannax/valium and or something else to calm the nerves. You can get this at your local chemist and doesn't require a prescription.
  3. Showers. Holy shit these are the beez neez. One time after going through some of the most intense and insane dope sick i've ever gone through I found myself sitting in my shower for what was a good two hours. I actually passed out and that helped me immensely as i was cutting over to suboxone as well. Long before i learnt that dope sickness is related to how much heroin you've last taken this meant before I was cutting over to suboxone I was taking really large last shots. You know that last shot that you save up for when you've run out of dope and you know you want to sleep as much possible. So you blast a big shot and then 12 hours later your feeling dope sick and think your ready to cut over but in stead you get thrown into PD (precipitated withdrawals - which really should be precipitated dope sick).
    NB: To fix PD you need to do the counterintuitive thing of taking more bupe. Take 2-4mg every 20 mins. I find if you combine with a shower and try to doze/pass out whilst having your shower that this will help the bupe do its thing (which is basically to function as analgesic in the same way M6G does).
  4. Going onto a buprenorphine or methadone program. They have their pro's and cons that are far too long to describe here. Personally i prefer the bupe. Its far safer (they don't tell you buy people die going onto methadone because they fuck up dosing), it works really well, it last a long time
  5. If you have the money private high end clinics will prescribe ibudilast. This drug which is already prescribed for other purposes but is in the process of going through trials for everything from heroin and meth addiction to MS basically disables TL4.
    In rat studies where they've disabled TL4 there they've yet to find anything adverse. In a way it could be that TL4 is some left over function from a time where we needed our bodies to tell us when we were sick.
    See from what I've read about TL4 (which is Toll Like 4 Receptors) and its family i.e .TL2 and so on, is that it gets activated when you become sick or hurt. Some sort of protein from the injury or infection activates it hence why when you have the flu you feel sick and feverish (which is strangely like one feels like when they are dope sick - eh). There are a number of papers that I read that indicate that certain proinflammatory cytokines are involved in severe depression which makes
    Its available in Japan and its quite cheap as well. The studies that I've read suggest a dose of anywhere between 30-80mg a day for when your going through dope sickness
  6. Eating, exercising and vitamins. Of course the idea of eating whilst dope sick is really difficult thought to contemplate but understand this. If you stop eating and drinking your body perceives that there is some sort famaine around. It goes into energy conservation mode and thus this is a big problem when you need your organs working at quick time to process all that M3G that is floating around.
    If you eat and exercise this will speed up your metabalism. This will in turn get rid of the M3G faster which will turn reduce the severity and duration of the dope sick phase. It will also let you beat a urine test. A metabolism that is running well will process the metabolites of heroin out your blood faster. Eating especially will do this. Though I personally find long long walks to be really helpful, and it helps justify the long shower. People have mentioned baths help.

And there you have it. Chugs patented dope sick go away elixir. Good luck

^^ Top post chugs! Super informative, really helpful for anyone going through opioid withdrawal.

So good to see you still around, hope all is well. :)

PS. Here is a link to a paper on the effects of ibudilast on opioid withdrawal, it is also being trialed in methamphetamine withdrawal - and, it looks like they're still recruiting for the aforementioned trial here.

A. <3

Last edited:
Except the person wasn't talking about quitting opiates...they specifically mentioned shard.

Maybe someone is interested in my successful taper of seroquel (quetiapine). I was taking 200mg for sleep every night for five years, few months ago i decided that i have had enough, i`m done with it. It clouded my emotions and killed creativity. Here is my tapering schedule :

Starting point 200 mg
Week one 150 mg
Week two 130 mg
Week three 115 mg
Week four 100 mg
Week five 87.5 mg
Week six 75 mg
Week seven 62.5 mg
Week eight 52.5 mg
Week nine 42.5 mg
Week ten 35 mg
Week eleven 28 mg
Week twelve 23 mg
Week thirteen 18 mg
Week fourteen 13 mg
Week fifteen 8 mg
Week sixteen 5 mg

I jumped off at 5 mg and withdrawal symptoms vere virtually nonexistent. First night i got three hours of sleep, about five on the next and now i get my steady 8 hours without a problem. It actually took me about 3 months or a little less, because i didn`t always wait for a full week, if i felt good enough, i dropped dosage after five days

I have previously managed to withdraw from heavy benzo addiction and 3 year 24/7 GBL addiction. I have managed to do so, while having to work the same time. It`s hard, but doable, only thing you need is commitment.

Howdy Aussies - or anyone else. I've just had my last dose of suboxone, and tomorrow it detox time. I have a bunch of stuff to help. I won't lis 'em - what I'll do is tell you what they are, and you comment
Day one - last dose Suboxone. 2mg. Have reduced from 8mg subutex per day for last 2 years. I've Mega dosed Vit C (there's a bunch of info mega dose Vit C helps if u google it, heaps), the dude that does this recovery forum goes right into it.
http://opiateaddictionsupport.com/best-herbs-for-opiate-withdrawal-herbal-remedies-help/
I've got everything he mentions, so a perusal will show natural ways to do it - NOTE - they're not just natural, he talks about benzos, DXM, phenibut etc etc etc, seriosly -there's like 30+ drugs - which i've got 25 of em. SO, i've taken a bunch of diaz, and am off to bed for my last decent nights sleep. Oh - and ganja.
I'm gonna wake up, have weed, valium, valerian, kava, gabapentin, clofe, loperamide (when symptoms become occult), phenibut, plus plenty of water/lemon/quinine/magnesium.mucuna pruriens, DLPA, 5htp, and see how it goes.
I'll update tomorrow and let you all know.
Please - don't worry about tolerance, i'm more interested in whether anyone has experience messing with GABA receptors and/or vit c megadose.
peace
Sol Invictus
I'

I agree. I also suffer from drug addiction. I went ten years using heroin doing an average of .5 grams a day intravenously. Three years ago I hit rock bottom as I was stealing money from friends and family to maintain my habit. I almost lost everything and everybody in my life including my two children. I tried so hard to quit before but couldn't go more than a few months clean because my PAWS were very bad. I still had shakes, sweats, chills, anxiety, RLS, and insomnia after three months clean and couldn't take it anymore and picked up again. I finally stumbled across bluelight.org and found a ton of useful information on ways to taper and quit for good. What worked for me was 7 grams of Kratom three times a day for the first two weeks. I had withdrawal symptoms but they were relatively mild compared to what I was used to. After the first two weeks I felt 100% better and was able to taper the kratom down .5 grams every week until I was down to 1 gram three times a day. That took about three months then I switched to taking 4mg of loperamide twice daily. I had to stay at that level for about a month or I would feel symptoms again. After that month I dropped 1mg every two weeks until I was at nothing. My taper program took a total of almost nine months with no withdrawal symptoms after the first two weeks. I recommend doing a slow taper to make it as comfortable as possible and not have to deal with PAWS. I was clean for over two years! Five months ago I started shooting up again because I'm fucking retarded I guess? Anyway I'm working on a new taper program as we speak. Unfortunately I could not afford Kratom this time as I depleted all I have saved for the last two years in 5 months. Im using just loperamide this time and it is much worse withdrawal. I am now 5 days clean and at about 90% Ive been taking about 80mg of loperamide once daily. I should be leveling out in the next day or two so I can start dropping 2mg twice a week until I get to 20mg a day then I will just drop 1mg a week. Wish me luck!!!

hey !!
just thought i would see how you are going now... still off the gear..???

I have been doing really well lately...
Over the last 5-6 weeks i have only booted' h once.
My sources have all dried up on me, so even if i do cave in, i will need to devote so much extra time and energy into meeting new connections... i don't think i can actually be fucked to do that these days.
Now that i am cleaner than ever before, i want to do things differently and forget all about the gear and the lifestyle that comes along with it.

My connection with my girlfriend has been exceptionally well since cleaning up...
We have become so much more social and connected with each other.. she can see the change in me and she is actually quite happy with how things have turned out, despite the fact that i was addicted to the hez behind her back...
She accepted my confession, and at the same time, watched as I put an immediate halt to my drug consumption.
Not only did i stop doing smack, I also immediately quit pot and stopped taking recreational drugs & alcohol, as well as avoiding various types of Benzo's, all of which would have assisted me throughout my very uncomfortable initial first week off the gear.
After surviving past the first few weeks, i decided to start smoking pot again, when it's appropriate...
I have no desire to drink alcohol or get fucked up on recreational drugs anymore.... All of my previous interest & drive for drug experimentation has now been lifted.
At most, i will let myself smoke a couple of spliffs at the beginning and end of a day just to give myself a little bit of relief in hope of getting better rest at night time...

I will however admit to experiencing great cravings - daily.. cravings for one more hit of heroin..
No matter how much i think i have progressed, these frequent urges to ingest H constantly remind me not to let my guard down.
I may be off the gear, but in reality its going to take much longer to cleanly disect my attachment with the shit.
I cant wait for the day when i wake up and for once, feel like my normal self again.. my self before i fucked with opiates..
i swear to god I have not actually felt anywhere close to my normal self for monthssss. i feel like this is it now, i may never get my old self back :(
fuck. how depressing.. to float on this miserable and uncomfortable plain until further notice.

I've Mega dosed Vit C (there's a bunch of info mega dose Vit C helps if u google it, heaps), the dude that does this recovery forum goes right into it.

Yes. There is evidence that vitamin C will assist in reducing the symptoms of dope sickness. I call it dope sickness because it isn't withdrawals. The bupe/heroin/morphine - all have a metabolite, in heroin its called M3G that activates the TL4 receptor in your brain that in turn floods you with these agents called proinflammatory cytokines. This is what makes you dope sick. If heroin/bupe didn't have another active agent, called M6G in heroin, you'd feel dope sick the moment you shot some smack.

Thus yes there is a body of work that explains why vitamin C helps when your sick. See TL4 activates as a immune response to sickness and hence why dope sick is so similar to having a fucked up flu. Here is a paper on using vitamin C to interfere with some one of those nasty proinflammatory cytokines.

The thing is uptake and absorbation of asbobic acid (vit C) is dependant on other factors. You need to take much larger doses than directed for dietry matters and you have to increase the frequency. Taking magnesium helps.

I once at something like 8 green apples at two day long corporate training session to fight off going into full blown withdrawals. I'm fucking amazed I survived that day. It was bat shit crazy.

I've got everything he mentions, so a perusal will show natural ways to do it - NOTE - they're not just natural, he talks about benzos, DXM, phenibut etc etc etc, seriosly -there's like 30+ drugs - which i've got 25 of em. SO, i've taken a bunch of diaz, and am off to bed for my last decent nights sleep. Oh - and ganja.

Thats a fuck load of drugs. A lot of interactions that maybe different for different individuals. Be really careful. In fact the absence of any response is quite disturbing actually.

I'm gonna wake up, have weed, valium, valerian, kava, gabapentin, clofe, loperamide (when symptoms become occult), phenibut, plus plenty of water/lemon/quinine/magnesium.mucuna pruriens, DLPA, 5htp, and see how it goes. I'll update tomorrow and let you all know.
Please - don't worry about tolerance, i'm more interested in whether anyone has experience messing with GABA receptors and/or vit c megadose.
peace
Sol Invictus
I'

oh shit.

He hasn't made a single post or logged in since 23/1.

come on QR - give us a ping or wave to tell us how your going. Why did you decide to come off the suboxone. I find it personally to be one of the best drugs i've ever taken. The quality of my life has improved massively. My mood and overall health has been outstanding - and not in a drug addiction context. I mean as a general anti-depressant its effects are incredible.

Really don't listen to peer/doctor pressure (that you get in the US) to come off. If it works for you then keep on takin your meds. nothing wrong with that.

Years of addiction, two treatment center, clean for over a year... Then three months of hell! I had to stop! Everything is finally back to normal. This morning I took my last dose and have been on gabapentin all day. I'm going to be a real advocate for this withdrawal. I'd normally would be thrashing around feeling like death, but gabapentin has put 95% of my withdrawal into a deep sleep. Took a nap and a little wobbly. I'm finally Going to start living again! Just a note to you all who are trying! Good luck