• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants difference between ice and crystal meth. which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baerr

Bluelighter
I am just curious to know what the big difference is. I do know that one is powder form and the other is a shard. Ive done some research on the net and cant find any real feedback. So what my real question is powder form meth as good as ice? or would it just be a waste. Whats the high like?
thank youuuu!

if you smoke your meth, ice is better, unless by "ice" you mean 4-MAR, which is supposed to be like really long-lasting, powerful fucking meth. idk about that so much, but the highs from ice and powdered meth (or "chalk") are basically identical, since they are the same chemical.

"Ice" and "crystal meth" are terms referring to the same thing. They are both slang terms for the crystalized form of methamphetamine hydrochloride. It can come in larger crystals, or a more powdery looking form which is either very tiny crystals or crushed crystals, sometimes mixed with cutting agents. It is very hard to tell you exactly what is in a particular type of meth available on the street, how potent it is, or how the effects will vary from one type to another, because it is so variable depending on how it is made, whether it is cut, etc. "Ice" in some places might refer to a purer/more potent, larger-crystaled product, but the size of the crystals is actually not an accurate way to determine the quality/potency. "Ice/Crystal" and the powder hydrochloride salt of methamphetamine are identical chemicals and thus have identical effects. It is only the quality/cuts/ROA that would make them any different.

thanks, i wasn't sure. Cause i have heard and read that it was different and the actual crystal meth with lithium? wasn't as pure.

thanks, i wasn't sure. Cause i have heard and read that it was different and the actual crystal meth with lithium? wasn't as pure.

No they're definitely supposed to be the same thing, unless there is a particular dealer selling something that is heavily cut, poorly made, or not what it is supposed to be. Lithium is sometimes used in certain methods of synthesis of methamphetamine. The process does not usually have anything to do with what the meth ends up being called, it's not like "crystal meth" refers to meth made using lithium as part of the process. The specific method used to produce meth can affect the purity, but "crystal meth" and "ice" are the exact same thing, the only variation is the individual batch/product/supplier/cuts.

thats exactly what i thought! just pretty much the same damn thing. im not familiar with the lithium thing though. good or bad?

Yes, "crystal meth" and "ice" are just different names for exactly the same thing.

thats exactly what i thought! just pretty much the same damn thing. im not familiar with the lithium thing though. good or bad?

I wouldn't say it's good or bad, it's just part of one of the processes used to make meth. The end result is still methamphetamine hydrochloride. Plus unless you're getting meth straight from the person who makes it and they share the details of their process with you, you'll have no idea how the meth was actually made or whether it was made using a process that includes lithium or not. The actual meth should not contain any lithium, just methamphetamine hcl and whatever cuts they put in it if any.

If you want to know more about how meth is illicitly produced, you can read this Wikipedia article.

Yes, "crystal meth" and "ice" are just different names for exactly the same thing.
[/URL].

4-Mar, also known as "Ice" is actually different than crystal meth, supposedly is like super-meth that lasts longer but is very rare.
But most of the time when you hear "ice". it's gonna be crystal meth.

"Ice" is slang for methamphetamine in most locales - nobody makes 4-methylaminorex any more.

Elemental lithium is sometimes used in a process called the Birch reduction to make street methamphetamine, a dangerous process to say the least. Lithium hydroxide/carbonate can beformed in the reaction - they are white powders and could theoretically form impurities in meth made that way (if the cook isn't following proper procedure).

I've never heard anyone say Ice and be referring to 4-MAR. Around here 4-MAR is called "Euphoria"

Ice = extremely high purity crystal methamphetamine.

All ice is crystal methamphetamine, but not only a small amount of crystal methamphetamine is high enough purity to be worthy of the term "Ice".

I used to do a little ice down South. It was in very large chunks, I only smoked it but honestly the stuff I had up north blew it out of the water. Its glass up here and you can still see the chunks but the ice I had were actually crystals. Besides that, and this is only from personal experience my Shit came out of Atl, but any of the ice I ever had never got me high like the shards I had up here. I've helped cook the Shit I'm not inexperienced and it was definitely ice I had from the South. Maybe it was so pure I wasnt used to having clean shit but I could sleep after a couple days and a large amount just fine.

Gotta love it when a chef takes pride in his cooking.

I have nothing to hide. The real chef went down he's still in jail that was 10 yrs ago. My exploits are known and documented lol. Ive done a lot of that Shit back in the day and the big old chunks of ice I had, for a period of a few months, just didn't do it for me. I haven't touched any speed si nce 08 or so they can raid me good luck hah
I have regret but not shame I'm 100% real. My family knows the Shit I've done as do the law. I don't care if everyone on a drug forum, shit including Feds, read about it.

Last edited:
Here (Sydney), crystal/meth/ice is generally referred to as 'ice', regardless of it's potency.
The other powdery (sometimes rocky) source of amphetamines are related to as 'speed'.

From past experiences i found ice to be a lot more effective when smoked.
The rush would usually hang around for 2 - 3 days afterwards, however speed usually feels faded out of my system after around 24 hours.
I am not the biggest fan of ice anymore. Have lost some great friends to it, i'm actually lucky to still have a life after watching the people around me deteriorate from sudden addiction.

Here (Sydney), crystal/meth/ice is generally referred to as 'ice', regardless of it's potency.
The other powdery (sometimes rocky) source of amphetamines are related to as 'speed'.

^This. They're both the same drug. Speed is actually a nickname for amphetamine rather than methamphetamine, but pretty much all speed/ice in Australia is meth anyway so it's irrelevant. Basically speed/whizz/crank = powder and ice/shard/crystal meth = crystallized. Powder form is less potent than the crystal form. "Speed" is meth which was made by people who took shortcuts during the cooking process, inexperienced cooks who fucked it up, or just cut it really badly. Since I started smoking ice I've never thought about going back to speed because the rush effect and the high is that much more intense and euphoric that smoking speed is just a waste of money to me. That said, a person I know said he tried ice after smoking a lot of speed in his life and said he didn't like it, which I can't get my head around. IMO, speed is shit.

well thanks for the all the info, i was just really curious to see what that was all about. i always thought ice and crystal meth were the same thing. I had just heard something about it from a buddy of mine that "crystal meth" powder form wasn't as pure. However i figured it should be as pure as the producer makes it. I just wanted to check up on the whole thing ya know.

Anything in it's powdered form is suspect especially with drugs like crystal methamp and molly, because in it's natural form it's crystalline, not powdered.

A lot of dealers scam people when they raise this point and say "Oh, it's just the bottom of the bag stuff, the rest was nice pure crystal" blah blah scam scam $cam.

Not to say that pure powder form can't exist, just that when a dealer goes to the effort of selling you crushed shards, you should definitely raise a red flag because it's very easy for them to cut it in this form, it's a sad but true "trick of the trade" that I've noticed amongst friends who deal these types of drugs.

Ah, well if they are using the term "crystal meth" to refer to a powder form of methamphetamine, then that could be possible. But powder in and of itself does not necessarily mean it is an inferior product, it really depends on the producer, whether it's cut, etc. But "crystal meth" should not normally be used to refer to powder, that's why it called crystal meth, but it does sometimes come in very tiny crystals and I have heard of the term being sometimes used to refer to any methamphetamine. Even the "powder" is technically very tiny crystals, like salt, but in my experience "crystal" is normally used to mean large visible crystals. The particular terms used don't really have anything to do with the quality, it could just be that particular supplier is known/rumoured to have lower quality meth. A lot of people also believe that if it's large crystals that means it is definitely pure, but it is actually possible to create large crystals out of a cut impure product as well. I think it can be easier for them to cut it in the powdered form though.

Basically the reason it is suspect is because it is in powdered form, not because of the name "crystal meth", which can be used to refer to any meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.