• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Leukocytes in urin due to mdma use?

codeineluva

Bluelighter
My gf often discovers leukocytes in her urin after party nights on mdma, without an infection beein anywhere.
Is this possibly a sideeffekt?

Thanks a lot :)

Is she regularly analysing her urine with a centrifuge and microscope?

Idk about in urine, but stimulant use (notably cocaine) can induce leukocytosis, so its possible. I once had a CBC show leukocytosis so high that I was referred to a hematologist oncologist.

I was found to be perfectly healthy, and I was doing a lot of Coke at the time, and did some research. When I stopped coke, wbc count went back to normal.

Very USEFUL input man, thanks! She will have her urine tested in a lab on tuesday just to exclude other possible causes!

Very USEFUL input man, thanks! She will have her urine tested in a lab on tuesday just to exclude other possible causes!

Leukocytes in urine do not correlate with blood levels (leukocytosis/leukophilia).

A leukocyte (+), nitrate (-), red blood cell (-) urine sample from a woman is a fairly common/normal finding. If she has no symptoms of a UTI (pain on urination, fever, abdominal/back pain) then it typically means that the cells are vaginal in original.

(disclaimer: the above is for information only and should not substitute for the medical opinion of her doctor)

Last edited:
Thanks beez, she appreciates... Could in your oppinion UTI be linked to the mdma usage?

Thanks beez, she appreciates... Could in your oppinion UTI be linked to the mdma usage?

Theoretically yes. MDMA messes up a hormone called vasporessin, causing decreased urine output. If all that urine/waste is sitting in your kidneys not going anywhere, it could become a good place for bacteria to grow.