• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism) and MDMA

Suchthefool

Bluelighter
Hey I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope it's fine here. And i'm going out in an hour so would be nice to get an opinion.

I'm going out tonight and my friends will be doing mandy. I thought i'd maybe join in for one last blow out before I move away for a while. I used to do MDMA once a month or every other weekend for years before but I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in december and I haven't touched any drugs bar alcohol since october.

Would I be fine to take (and not go apeshit on the stuff) mdma tonight now that I know I have graves? I found out yesterday that with the medication I'm on my thyroid levels are now normal, my blood pressure is 137/73 and bpm was at 63. So generally I'm doing pretty well but the one thing I don't want to do is fuck myself up. My friend says I will be fine as I did it for years before and I probably had it then and my levels maybe weren't normal back then...

Basically I know you aren't doctors but please give me an opinion! Would be great to roll again. I ask this as the more I search online for it, it always links me to one article about a 24 year old girl that died who had hyperthryoidism. It is one case but it's obviously not to be ignored. Plus they don't mention if she was being treated for it.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope it's fine here. And i'm going out in an hour so would be nice to get an opinion.

I'm going out tonight and my friends will be doing mandy. I thought i'd maybe join in for one last blow out before I move away for a while. I used to do MDMA once a month or every other weekend for years before but I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in december and I haven't touched any drugs bar alcohol since october.

Would I be fine to take (and not go apeshit on the stuff) mdma tonight now that I know I have graves? I found out yesterday that with the medication I'm on my thyroid levels are now normal, my blood pressure is 137/73 and bpm was at 63. So generally I'm doing pretty well but the one thing I don't want to do is fuck myself up. My friend says I will be fine as I did it for years before and I probably had it then and my levels maybe weren't normal back then...

Basically I know you aren't doctors but please give me an opinion! Would be great to roll again.

Thanks!

That's pretty ironic that you're avoiding drugs except for alcohol, since alcohol isn't properly metabolized in people with Graves Disease.

Here's a previous thread on Graves and MDMA, some BLers don't think it's a good idea.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-82244.html

That's pretty ironic that you're avoiding drugs except for alcohol, since alcohol isn't properly metabolized in people with Graves Disease.

Here's a previous thread on Graves and MDMA, some BLers don't think it's a good idea.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-82244.html

Yea I've had a read through that. Not too sure what to make of it as some BLers say it should be fine if the condition is under control. And where did you find out that alcohol isn't properly metabolized with people with graves disease? My doctor told me I am fine to drink (not saying you are wrong! just wanting to find out more on this), I didn't have the balls to ask about other intoxicants. lol

As long as your T3/T4 levels are normal I would say you should be fine. The thyroid hormones are 'permissive' for NE and Epi, so mdma plus hyperthyroidism could likely result in a hypertensive crisis or uncomfortable overstimulation, similar to a thyroid storm.

If your thyroid hormone levels are normal, I wouldn't expect any acute adverse effects.