• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on shooting Roxy (30mg) for first time?

The Rasta

Greenlighter
I've never put a needle in my arm before, but it seems in my town that is the pill of choice. I'm planning on letting an experienced friend hit me with it. The only problem I have is: How much water should I put in the spoon with the pill? Also, once the drug is liquified in the spoon, do you just throw in the filter and shoot up everything in the spoon? Or do you add more water with the drug in the rig? Sorry if this was kinda confusing I'm just trying to not fuck myself up=D

My best advice would be to just swallow the pill. Injecting pills can lead to some serious complications no matter how careful you are in filtering.

The oral bioavaliability of oxycodone is really high as well as most IV users of oxycodone report hardly any rush, nothing like what is seen with heroin or hydromorphone. The high will also be shorter than if you orally consumed it. Considering the risks of IVing a pill, and I'd imagine you don't have a mircon filter, it is rather dumb to do. Pills are terrible things to put into your veins as even if you filter using a cotton, you are still injecting a lot of binders/fillers which should be avoided. If you want to IV pills (or IV anything for that matter) a micron filter is a must. You can find them pretty cheaply online so why risk doing it with out a micron filter if you choose to go the IV route. I imagine you are (or I hope you are) planning on using new needles, which is a harm reduction move, so why not keep that attitude and make sure you have the other proper materials needed to minimize the risks involved.

Also, why are you planning on moving up to IVing? Its a very slippery slope to start IVing drugs, and hard to move back to other routes of administration. Even the act of IVing itself can be very addiction for users.

Injections megathread (bluelight thread)

Safer Injection Guide (external link)

Injecting Oxycodone (bluelight thread)

Last edited:
I basically know how to do it without causing any major harm. I've watched my friends do the whole process countless times, I've just never paid attention to how much water is supposed to be in the rig with the already finished pill/water solution (if any at all)

If they are injecting without a micron filter then they aren't injecting safely. A micron filter takes out the left over binder and fillers still in solution after you filter with a cotton and also gets rid of the bacteria that may be in the water. Heating it doesn't get rid of bacteria like people think (heating the soln is rather dumb as it allows more binder and filler to remain in the solution after you filter it with a cotton).

Most of them use pieces of a cig filter or a cotton ball, but they were explaining to me how they've always done it and they haven't ever gotten cotton fever from it.

Cotton fever isn't the only risk. Think about what all is in that pill, not just 30mg of oxycodone. It weighs easily 200+mg with 30mg of it being oxycodone, that is a lot of shit that needs to be filtered out. A cotton as well as cig filter doesn't have very fine of a filter so a lot of the particles will still manage to get through either one of those filters, so you will be injecting a bunch of crap along with the 30mg of oxy. the bioavalability of oxycodone is high enough where IVing doesn't have any noticeable benefits. You are just putting yourself at more risk for a shorter come up that doesn't produce much of a rush. This is how you destroy you veins and put yourself at risk for more serious health problems. You shouldn't choose to engage in activities just because other individuals do so. Stepping up to IVing is a serious decision. A poor decision at that. If you choose to proceed you should atleast to it with the least amount of risks. Also micron filters are decently cheap for a pack of them and can be found easily online. They are a lot cheaper than a hospital bill,

Last edited:
Ahh I gotcha. So if I were to snort it instead, it would produce the same "high" as IV? Everyone I've asked says that you'll only get high by snorting them about 5 times before you need the needle to feel it.

Snorting has a lower Bioavaliability than oral or IV. IV has 100% bioavaliability, oral has a bioavaliability of ~87%, and snorting has a bioavalability of ~50-60%. Also with snorting you are going to have a lot shorter duration than orally taking them. Its not like hydromorphone or oxymorphone where the bioavaliability of oral is soooo much lower than IV or nasal that taking them orally is stupid. Taking oxycodone orally is the smart thing to do. You will get a 4-5 hour high rather than a 2-3 hour high if you choose to take them orally.

Did anyone actually answer your question?? the ammount of water does not really matter....if its only one pill , you can use 40 to 70 ccs..or as much as you like. ive ben using iv drugs 20 years, and here your best bet, use bottled water if you can, use a brand new needle, use cig filter over cotton balls/qtip.. you do not need to heat. some say the least ammount of water you use, the better the rush...who knows, i never could tell either way..BUT I WILL WARN YOU....USING IV IS JUST AS ADDICTING AS THE DRUG, I AM JUST AS ADDICTED TO USING THE NEEDLE, AS I AM OPIATES....I ADVISE NOT DOING THIS , AS YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH THE INTENCE HIGH, AND IN A FEW YEARS FROM NOW, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE A NEEDLE JUNKIE LIKE MYSELF, MOST PEOPLE SAY HEY CAN JUST "DO IT" AND NOT GET ADDICTED TO THIS SHIT.....BULLSHIT...ONE IN A HUNDRED. BE SAFE MY FRIEND GOOD LUCK.

Cotton fever is not from the filter, it is from bacteria growing on the filter/spoon, after you have shot up, and the water sits on the cotton/spoon, the growth of bacteria can start as early as 4 hours....its from trying to pull the second "hit" from the spoon after t has sat for hours, or days....so if you try to pull a second hit, i would add the water and put the lighter to it....lets face it, not everyone out here in druggie land is ordering micron filters off the net and waiting to do there shit..

Yes, snorting produces the same high...however, snorting is less intence, and lasts much longer, while iv produces a warm fuzzy rush that you will fall in love with, and a shorter lasting high...for me, snorting 4 to 6 hours, while iv would be 3 to 4 hours...i cant tell you what to do, your gonna do what you want regaurdless of what anyone says here, im just honest, i love love love what i do, but it has ruined my life, iv drug use has a price, its like selling your soul to the devil...if you beilieve in that.....i wont talk mubo jumbo with you, that you wont understand...i just tell you how it is from the heart.

^There is the edit button for a reason, please don't double post. Thanks :)

Thank you for the advice! I tried snorting a 15 for the first time yesterday.best thing I have EVER felt in my life. 5 hours later, I was getting a 30mg lol. Im still indecisive about shooting it though. I can't really bring myself to stoop that low for one high. I'm prolly gonna end up doing it one day though:/

Aside from the inherent dangers of injecting pills that aren't filtered properly, the high from IV oxycodone is really bland. It's something that has been talked about on this forum a lot. There is no rush, just instant onset, which is a big difference...and it doesn't last very long. People assume that IV'ing, no matter what drug we're talking about, is going to be the end all be all best way to do it—the most intense way. That's not true though. Some drugs really are just pointless to IV and oxy is one of them. I'm telling you man, you won't get this magnificent rush and breathtaking high from oxy, if that is what you're imagining. It's pretty lame to be honest. Just take it orally. Don't force yourself to IV something just for the sake of it..

if its only one pill , you can use 40 to 70 ccs..

Oh, and I hope you meant 40-70 units... as 40-70 cc's is a ton of liquid.. An entire syringe is 1cc, provided it's not the 1/2 cc kind..

IME shooting oxy is a waste. Weaker high and much much shorter lasting. However if you have a tolerance 30mg probably won't do much eaten.

How much water really doesn't matter, just enough so that the pill completely dissolves Without heat!

Just pop them orally, there's no point to IV oxycodone. Read the links Cloudy provided.

It has an oral onset of about 15-20 mins, if you can't wait that long to feel great then definitely don't start abusing oxycodone.

Lol IvIng roxies DOES produce a rush. wtf r u ppl smoking. Iving blues is amazing I do it every day. For the RUSH. the immiediate onset of the high. Pisses me off so much wen u clowns say theres no rush compared to dilaudid. What the fuck? U kno hoe many ppl are addicgtdd to shooting these things?

I cannot believe there is a new post, almost word for word why it is so much better to slam oxycodone, EVERY WEEK !...
It is NOT a rush ! LISTEN to the people that know what they are talking about !

I've never put a needle in my arm before, but it seems in my town that is the pill of choice. I'm planning on letting an experienced friend hit me with it. The only problem I have is: How much water should I put in the spoon with the pill? Also, once the drug is liquified in the spoon, do you just throw in the filter and shoot up everything in the spoon? Or do you add more water with the drug in the rig? Sorry if this was kinda confusing I'm just trying to not fuck myself up=D[/QUOTE

"Sorry if this is confusing I'm just trying not to fuck myself up"
This says it all...(why you should not try/start) ! please reconsider