• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Oxycodone & Kratom

lman_15

Bluelighter
I have a 120-160mg of oxycodone habbit a day. I was told 7 grams of kratom would be a good dose to start at. Would it be safe to mix 7 grams of kratom with my regular daily oxycodone dose? Would there be a additive effect? Is it safe to mix these 2 substances together? Lastly, would there be any additive or blocking effects or interactions that could occur?

It would be an additive effect so if you are taking a relatively large dose such as 7 grams, you want to substantially reduce your oxycodone dose. They both agonize the mu opioid receptors, although oxycodone to a greater extent.

If you want to take a relatively large dose like 7 grams, you're better off taking it alone to see how strong it is before mixing in oxycodone or at very least, drastically reduce your oxycodone when you combine them. If you have strong kratom and your 'normal dose' of oxy already puts you to nodding, adding 7 grams of kratom could potentially put you into dangerous territory. Even if it doesn't, you might get very unpleasurable side effects such as headache or nausea/vomiting that ruin the experience which is why you'd be better off feeling out the kratom a bit before diving in to 7 grams of it + a large dose of oxy.

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. Any advice on how to eat it? It tastes incredibly dry and horrible I ate an entire spoon full nearly vomitted. Then mixed some with tea and that was bad to

about the dose, as a regular of Kratom user, 3.2 grams seems tolerable 4 grams however is overkill. So like posted above lowering your dose seems reasonable, just to get to know Kratom. One of the side effects being nausea to the extreme, in case of overdoing it.

tosh & wash, dump dry kratom in mouth, prepare mentally, drop water or no carbonated beverage in mouth
(without breathing in/ out the kratom) use your nose for that, swirl contents around till mixed and swallow.

Or disolve in cooked water add cold water mix and drink up withouh a hesitance.

Dosage wise I decided not to take any oxy before the Kratom. So far I took around 4-5 grams and am feeling good. Calm, relaxed, it's pretty efficient at preventing withdrawal. What's the half life of Kratom?

tosh & wash, dump dry kratom in mouth, prepare mentally, drop water or no carbonated beverage in mouth
(without breathing in/ out the kratom) use your nose for that, swirl contents around till mixed and swallow.

Or disolve in cooked water add cold water mix and drink up withouh a hesitance.

toss and wash is the best method IMO. kratom has extremely poor water solubility, so i go for the tash and wash. once you get good at it its like 1,2,3.....ez

i have the spoonful of kratom and some type of juice that is strong tasting to mask the taste. i pour some of the juice/liquid into my mouth, then i tilt my head back and throw the kratom as far back as i can on my tongue, then i quickly take anothe big gulp of juice and keep drinking. once you get the technique down right, its kind of like swallowing a pill. but it does taste AWFUL,.

at the start i would mess up and not be able to swallow the powder, and also make sure you dont breath or inhale air at any time while the kratom/liquid is your mouth because the particles could possibly wind up in your lungs.

how much do you take at once? does 120mgs mean that every 4-6 hours you take another 30mgs throughout the day, or you take all 120-150 at once?
if you can answer that i can give you an estimate on how much you should take.

i love using kratom to potentit opiates because it has so many unique alkaloids like yohimbine like alkaloids which account for the stimulation most users feel when using kratom.

Dosage wise I decided not to take any oxy before the Kratom. So far I took around 4-5 grams and am feeling good. Calm, relaxed, it's pretty efficient at preventing withdrawal. What's the half life of Kratom?

its short lasting, especially if you have a tolerance. i suspect you will feel it for 90-120 minutes. so around 2hrs. not sure about the halflife though i can look it up h/o

I usually take a 40 an hour or two after I wake up then 3 at once
5-6 hours before I go to bed. I cut them into little pieces so that they'll hit me harder and faster