• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin The Beginner's Guide

Do you think the cliche junky image of a thin pale guy comes from the fact that opioids slow down the digestive tract and reduce digestive secretions, so food you eat doesn't get the usual amount of nutrients extracted from it? Does that sound right?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2838107

^Could be part of the problem, but what about not eating enough/at all, not sleeping etc. ?

Oh yeah, that's true as well. Forgot that withdrawals reduce appetite and sleep.
So when you're high, you can't eat because of nausea, then when you're withdrawing eating is pretty unpleasant (so I've heard). It's a win-win.

What happens if one were to ingest heroin orally?

interesting question, I think wikipedia sums it up nicely
Use of heroin by mouth is less common than other methods of administration, mainly because there is little to no "rush", and the effects are less potent. Heroin is entirely converted to morphine by means of first-pass metabolism, resulting in deacetylation when ingested. Heroin's oral bioavailability is both dose-dependent (as is morphine's) and significantly higher than oral use of morphine itself, reaching up to 64.2% for high doses and 45.6% for low doses; opiate-naive users showed far less absorption of the drug at low doses, having bioavailabilities of only up to 22.9%. The maximum plasma concentration of morphine following oral administration of heroin was around twice as much as that of oral morphine.
so by using heroin orally it's pretty much a prodrug for moprhine

interesting question, I think wikipedia sums it up nicely so by using heroin orally it's pretty much a prodrug for moprhine

And twice as potent as morphine orally.

There used to be an oral diamorphine liquid similar to oramorph available in the UK but was discontinued a long time ago.

Thanks. Interesting that it?s bioavailability increases in nonopiate naive users.. I was thinking of trying it oral or plugged, for first try, to protect myself from overdose..

Do you think the cliche junky image of a thin pale guy comes from the fact that opioids slow down the digestive tract and reduce digestive secretions, so food you eat doesn't get the usual amount of nutrients extracted from it? Does that sound right?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2838107

They're skinny because they're faced with a budgetary choice: they can spend money on food or drugs. A lot of people choose drugs, and thus become skinny cuz their current diet is about 80 percent candy, give-or-take

Rich dope fiends never exude that quality...they can afford food AND drugs! John Belushi, Chris Farley, Jerry Garcia, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, etc etc

Neither taking it orally nor plugged will protect you from an overdose, it may decrease the risk, but it's still possible

Let me rephrase: to help to protect myself from an overdose. Would injecting with nalaxone prior to dosing with H help to protect or prevent? I don?t know if I?ll go through with it. I?m not afraid of Fentanyl.. but I am terrified of carfentanil, and I?ve heard more and more cases of friends who have been given it and barely survived.. others haven?t survived. However, when my addict is in control, I forget about that stuff......

The short answer would be no.
The long answer: naloxone is an opioid antagonist, thus inhibiting the effects of opioids. If you inject yourself with naloxone prior to taking an opioid like heroin you won't feel the effects of the opioid (because naloxone blocks them). The problem with naloxone is the short elimination half life, meaning that your body metabolizes it rather quickly. Now if the opioid has a longer half life the naloxone will eventually wear of so the opioid can take its effects and you can slip into an overdose (because of that only one injection of naloxone after someone overdosed might not be enough)

What you can do is have someone around with naloxone when you try the heroin so he/she can inject you with naloxone if you overdose and can call an ambulance

Update: I took it orally... it didn?t do anything. I snorted it. It didn?t do anything. I think I?m at the point in opioid addiction where I can?t feel euphoria anymore. I?ve now taken about 10 different opioids/opiates in hopes to achieve that awesome, euphoric feeling, and it doesn?t ever get there. It used to, 6 years ago, but now it?s time to move on with life. Sweat it and puke it out, then get high from running marathons. Heading back over to the recovery forum :) ✌️

I'm fking withdrawing so bad right now, on the bus tryina get to the mans place to cope. I feel like real shit still 20 more mins to go til I can shoot some fire shit. In my country there is no heroin, instead we got 100% pharma grade 20 mg ivim ampoules. That rush is gonna hit me so harddddd boiiii.

I'm fking withdrawing so bad right now, on the bus tryina get to the mans place to cope. I feel like real shit still 20 more mins to go til I can shoot some fire shit. In my country there is no heroin, instead we got 100% pharma grade 20 mg ivim ampoules. That rush is gonna hit me so harddddd boiiii.
I'm at peace with the world, once again, momentarily.....

Last edited:
Fuck heroin!!! No more please, you have taken your toll on me/those that care for me already. Now please leave me alone to get on with my life.

Best of luck to anyone that chooses this path. You will most definitely need it!
Easier said than done when one's habit goes back over 40 years...