• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Question about the stability of these compounds (4-MMC, MXE and 4-fa)

Velvet cacoon

Greenlighter
Hi, I have some small batches of MXE, 4-MMC and 4-FA. The problem is I have them since around 12-14 months ago and I've never used them in that period. They have rested in their zips bags in an environment with cool temperature (room temperature) and darkness during this time.

The question is, is still safe (and effective) consume these compounds? Anyone knows the stability that Methoxetamine, mephedrone and 4-fa have?

From those I only have MXE but I figure this can be kept pretty indefinetly.

I had a bag of 1000mg, took a year to finish it. It was kept in a closet and I didn't notice any loss in intensity.
I have another bag now in the fridge for over more than a year, and I don't think strength was affected either.

Yea as long as they are dry, haven't been exposed to UV and assuming they don't contain some reactive impurities (which you wouldn't want to ingest anyway) they should be identical to the day you bought them.

I was just writing to say I left some 4fa in a water bottle and it reacted by turning yellow and tastes strongly of flouride. Quite gross.
what happened? Does this mean its weaker? Im sort of confused about what to do with it.

I was just writing to say I left some 4fa in a water bottle and it reacted by turning yellow and tastes strongly of flouride. Quite gross.
what happened? Does this mean its weaker? Im sort of confused about what to do with it.

was the water refrigerated? how long was the 4FA in solution for? you might have even created a bacteria colony =p

either way it sounds gross enough to me just based on what you said that i would probably toss it. there'll be more doses in the future.

There are likely impurities from the rxn, probably some fluoride salts that you are tasting. As for the yellow color that could be anything. In general RC chemists and vendors are not really known for quality control, so anything you choose to ingest is likely impure and possibly hazardous.

was the water refrigerated? how long was the 4FA in solution for? you might have even created a bacteria colony

It's not bacteria unless you have added a nutrient source with necessary amino acids. Unless your product was cut with some Difco culture media that is not the case.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. Finally, I've tried the 4-fa batch once. I dind't detect any loss of potency, but I think the salt was quite compact, such as lumpy. Maybe this is for the humidity? Should I avoid my 4-FA for that reason or there's no problem? I've had the substance in a wooden drawer all this time, inside its zip bag firmly closed, and beyond the lumpy looks ok.

Just hope there is no residual hydrofluoric acid. Quite lethal stuff, no real treatment once absorbed.

Just kidding, you'll be fine. Now go get high.