• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does an empty stomach help a opiate buzz?

trunkofmycar

Bluelighter
So I've just taken 25 or so mgs of Opana and 30 mg of roxy an hour ago. Now I'm hungry. But I don't want to eat if this will have a negative effect on my buzz. Will it?

it will hit you stronger yes, you'll get a more full effect. BUT if your sensitive like me in the stomach, it can make you slightly more nauseous or at least a lil rough around the edges. whenever i do a strong dose of opiates, if its too much and i start to get light headed if i smoke or just feel nauseous in general, eating something ALWAYS HELPS

i re read your post. if its been at least an hour or two, eat, but dont gorge yourself with all you can eat or anything. it will reduce the effects. maybe eat a few saltine crackers, or just make something small. goodluck!

Last edited:
Remember too, alot of people including myself seem to lose a lot of the buzz when we throw up. If you are getting sick to the point of more then likely throwing up it would benefit you to put a little bit of something on your stomach. I use black toast, and I mean the blacker the better.. Really tends to help with a minimal amount needed. The best buzz I ever get is about 45 minutes after eating a small meal that isn't very starchy. I still after 5 years have not perfected the timing on this so it can be hit or miss. Good luck and have fun.

-Sunshine.

On an empty stomach, the opiate will obviously enter your bloodstream faster, thus getting you higher faster. Think about how drinking alcohol on an empty stomach is, the mechanism is similar with pills. However though, Having a fatty meal in your stomach before orally administering an opiate could increase bioavailability.

Thanks, you guys. I'll consider eating something small. Nausea isn't a problem, I do this shit every day unfortunately. But I had just recently heard of this and wanted to hear your opinions about it. I do seem to have a bit of a better buzz without food, though.

I just took 110mgs Morphine HCL ER, Empty Stomach just when I woke up what i do is Take to Capsules of Prozac and Empty them out.

Now I have to clean empty caps that i can fit 55mgs of Crushed Fine Morphine HCL ER in so now I have 2 White Capsules of Morphine Hydrochloride

With an Empty stomach and the method that I did up ^ there. What do you think...

By the way I have 20mgs of Methadone that I could take as well. BUT i'm trying to save them by taking these Morph Caps

A little bit of food can actually increase the over all bioavaliability of most opioids. I usually eat oxycodone with very little in my stomach, and around 30 minutes after ingestion I'll eat like a piece of toast or a small snack. This usually helps the oxy hit me a bit harder than if I chose to not eay anything. Now too much food can lower the overall BA, but the same can sometimes be seen with fasting. So in sum, just eat the oxy on a small amount of food and have a small snack around 30 minutes after you ingest the oxy.

I usually find food helps kick it in a bit stronger, yet fades out faster. Fatty foods help alot

I also think a nice cup a coffee helps after 4 -5 hours of ingestion and of course eat
something by then at least 1 once

I find that food kills an opiate buzz for me. Even on methadone or bupe maintenance, taking either on an empty stomach seems to make the drug kick in faster and hit harder. However, from what I've read, eating a fatty meal will increase the absorption.

in my experience it depends on the ROA. if it's oral then at least a sandwich prior is a must, as i'll otherwise be nauseous soon and vomiting maybe 60-120 minutes after ingestion, which tends to kill the buzz . this is also true for intranasal to a lesser degree.
with plugging and IV it matters fuck all.

I love eating a delicious meal after getting high. Hah, that shits the best. People always say weed is the munchy food, but shooting H totally makes me want to pig out.

For orally dosed drugs, eating 20-30 minutes after dosing usually helps it absorb by emptying stomach contents (opiates) to make room for the food, so they aren't just sitting there being eaten up by the acid instead of being pushed in to your intestines for absorption.

Also, if you don't eat for more than 5-6 hours, your mood naturally deteriorates and you feel shitty and cranky, making you enjoy your opiates/drugs less. I used to not eat on LSD since I didn't want to, but realized my trip, especially 6-7 hours in without eating, felt a lot better with a little meal. If you're hungry, eat; there's no sense in ignoring our bodies' signals to us.

I recommend dosing oral drugs on an empty stomach (3-4 hours of having not eaten), then eating 20 minutes later. For oral opiates, the food will also help cut down on a lot of nausea.

As others have mentioned, I am quite sure I read somewhere that opana specifically if it is extended release can have a "dose dumping" effect with alcohol or fatty foods, meaning that the time release can be fucked with if the right food is eaten or alcohol is consumed....Though in my case I usually take my hydros on an empty stomach though, and they seem to hit pretty quick, like within 20 minutes...

Yes it will definitely increase the effect.

It will hit you faster, and since your stomach is empty your body will take every bit of substance put into it, way more than mixed with food. Consider if you take it with food, theres a lot of other shit for your body to absorb. If youre hungry and only a pills in your stomach, your body will break it down and take as much of it as you can.

For me the tylenol was the problem, not the empty stomach. I would always plan my meals around my drug use, not the other way around, because I would get much higher on empty stomachs. Meaning i never ate lol.

Certain opiates like opana aside, which are increased by a BOA boost from fatty foods. One odd exception because of that interaction. If that wasn't the case it'd be the same as all others.

I guess if you were to figure out a way to get that boost from FAT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH (maybe eating some lard?) would give you the best of both worlds.

Always take on an empty stomach or wait 3 h after a meal. When pills hit a stomach full of food, there will be a delay in reaching the intestines because your stomach is digesting the food and does not open to the intestines until digestion is complete. . With a full stomach, the drug will trickle into your intestines slow, that is no good, it's all about getting the drug into your system FAST.