• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

First arrest crazy charges!?!

That's a tough one, one of my friends got caught with 7grams of coke, 3.5 grams of crack, 500 extasy pills, about 5000$ cash and 3 digital scales. Luckly for him we live in Canada so he got a slap on the wrist, hasn't even gone to court yet.

you'll def. Plea that down or get some sort of deferred program. She should man up and eat that charge though lol. It sucks not being able to afford a lawyer but still judges read your pre sentence investigation your records clean. You aren't going to prison, you'll have a few grand in fines an you'll get a few years of probation. Go to rehab I've seen people facing all kinds of shit in halfway houses not doing time. Gun charges, deliveries, multiple offenders free.

Missykins:
Well, yes. I suppose manipulation is something instinctive with myself. But in no ways am I trying to seek help for my psychological behavior, I am aware of it though.

Like lawyers do not know anything about being manipulated. I wouldn't try that. If the truth is that you had your friend's safety in mind, then say so. But if you have a history of substance abuse to the point where you're going to rehab, then I wouldn't expect that to fly. If you go to rehab then the judge will think you had other reasons for being there or that you're insincere. I would get your attorney's opinion about that first.
I do not have a history of substance abuse or any record AT ALL! I went to the outpatient for mental health because i was ready to slit my wrists a few times when i was first released. NOT because of addiction.

Im just going to tell the truth which is my biggest defense and get letters from family/doctors/therapists and hope they see that my "friend" who put the whole thing together is still out there doing whatever when im here suffering when i was just a bystander scared for a friend. But florida is corrupt as hell and couldn't give two shits about anything but making money! Which is my biggest fear.

I do not have a history of substance abuse or any record AT ALL! I went to the outpatient for mental health because i was ready to slit my wrists a few times when i was first released. NOT because of addiction.

Then I would not go to rehab in an attempt to curry favour from the judge.

Yes. Remember, it's usually almost ALWAYS better to look like a user in the eyes of the law, than a dealer. You might be able to cop out a half-way house deal or some kind of substance-abuse therapy program instead of prison. Start going to NA meetings immediately and get signatures from the hosts, just in case. Make yourself look like the victim to an uncontrollable drug addiction if that's what it takes. You do not want to go to jail, and the courts offer many alternatives to jail for drug addicts, where as dealers get sent straight to prison.

Just in case, though.. cause there seems like there's a flaw in the way you were arrested. Maybe if you do tell the truth and stick by your story, of being there to look after your friend, than the whole thing will get dropped. But just to be safe, start going to meetings and therapy and get signatures, and be ready to pose as an addict in need.

the random bouts of panic are getting worse..i really am not ready for court and jail is a death sentence... I really need legal advice but how with no money..my Public Defender won't talk to me until 4 days before my pre trial. Im getting fucked so hard..how could i have done this to myself and everyone just because i wanted to make sure a friend was safe. Im so fucking stupid this cannot be happening..

the random bouts of panic are getting worse..i really am not ready for court and jail is a death sentence... I really need legal advice but how with no money..my Public Defender won't talk to me until 4 days before my pre trial. Im getting fucked so hard..how could i have done this to myself and everyone just because i wanted to make sure a friend was safe. Im so fucking stupid this cannot be happening..

That's what credit cards are for--I'm not being glib.

You might be able to get some more/better legal advice, even for free. You can look for a legal aid organization that is not funded by the government, or a private lawyer that is willing to give a pro-bono (free) consultation/services. Legal aid should include counseling and informal negotiation as well as appearances in administrative hearings and formal litigation in the courts. Legal aid organizations that take government money must conform to strict government regulations including careful timekeeping. Legal aid organizations that do not take government money are more free to do what they want (well, what they can, considering they are often understaffed and don't have as much time as they'd like to spend with each client). There are also often law schools where you can ask the students for advice. Best of luck! Don't worry so much, worrying is not going to make any difference in what happens and is only going to harm your mental health.

Ugh, I'm sorry... Florida's terrible. The state has the most script happy "doctors", then when people get addicted it's all fucked.

My first time ever being arrested, I was 20 yrs old & scared shitless. Got set up in a Chicago suburb for another fellow junkie I was helping out (or at least I thought). Cops got me for "delivery of heroin" (had half a jab). Total nightmare the Cook County Jail is.

But even though I was suicidal & worrying about how my life was over, I survived. First offense got me house arrest & mandatory drug classes & random drops. Eventually got 2 yrs probation. But I even fucked that up cuz I couldn't stop smoking weed.

6 months total in jail & the world kept moving. Family & friends understood. It'll be okay, really. <3

Eta: I also have Bipolar disorder, & was extremely suicidal when arrested. I was considered "better than that". I destroyed my reputation.. Blah blah..

But life is funny in how things turn out. I probably wouldn't have been able to kick heroin without jailtime. Or have met my son's father.

Last edited:
So i wrote this today during a nervous breakdown..Its how im gonna present my case in all honesty to my public defender and possible to the DA at my pre trial. I have is this and some letters from therapy and some family and also i will have a paper saying i completed Out patient rehab which i put myself in.

be kind this is the worst night me of my life....i might not even make it to my pre trial without a hospital trip...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I was on vacation with my friend (co defendant) and her family. 4 days before we were suppose to go home my friend wanted to purchase some pills (oxycodone) So we went online found somebody advertising selling pills. She then emailed them and got a quick response and for 3 days they were both in contact back and forth planning this deal. Because of the way my friend was going about this no matter what she was going to get these pills even after days of me arguing and freaking out about her meeting a random person she doesn't know at all i was scared angry and due to my illness became manic and decided i would go with her so she wouldn't get raped robbed shot who knows i just didn't want my friend to get hurt. When the day finally came i was in a panic i went with her. ( in times of stress like this and being off my meds which i happened to be at the time and can prove it my thinking was eratic)

i made the deal because when we were in target i wouldnt go out to the car with her so even after still trying to talk her out of it because of the fear of what might happen and me not wanting to do it at all but she then insisted for him to come in and meet me in the bathroom i agreed because again im thinking of my friends safety and didnt want her to go to the car alone which is why i had the money on me which we ended up doing anyway in the end when he wouldnt come inside and her still insisting she is going to do this with or without me.

Im also in treatment for bipolar1 severe anxeity and depression so this was a mess for me at all angles i didnt know what to do i cared for my friend deeply and now im dealing with the consequences. We were arrested for trafficking. I don't have a criminal record i never get in trouble i don't have a drug problem and i am not a drug dealer. I ended up doing 20 days in county jail which was a week longer than she did (the one who wanted the pills and set the whole deal up) and upon release she went back to partying and doing what she wanted and treated this issue like it was no big deal at all and could care less about going to jail which really hurt me on top of all the stuff im going through mentally and what i went through going to county which she called nothing but a hair dressing class when i was sexual harassed threatned and scared shitless for 20 days by a CO which i had to call my father and have him call the sargent to deal with the threats. This piled on to my already diagnosed illnesses mostly my PTSD this has effected me deeply to the point of suicidal thoughts and extreme depression.

i put myself into a 6 week mental health/drug rehab program because i realised i was powerless against my decision making trying to protect my friend in a bad sistuation i knew was wrong. I graduated the program and im recently in line to take classes to finish my GED and get on with my life the best way i can while she still sits around like this is no big deal when this is the most scariest traumatizing thing i have ever dealt with in my life. I am not a drug addict and i am not a drug dealer i made a very stupid mistake and now i am paying the consequences which i believe is enough for the crime i commited but im dealing with it in all the right ways while she does nothing and continues her life the way it was before this even traveling back to florida and doing whatever she does. I do not deserve jail time.

i think 20 days in county 10 more then her is enough time served and am more then willing to get probation and pay fines or get back into an outpatient rehab/drug classes if court ordered. I do not deserve prison for my actions but do not dismiss them either unlike my friend who thinks nothing of it. before this happened i was already in therapy for my illnesses and making great progress and on my way to going back to school. If i get the min mand i honestly will not make it and will not progress but regress back to where i was 3 years ago a broken mess of a person who took a stand and was fighting tooth and nail to gain a healthy life which was working very well. This one mistake should not put me in prison if that happens they might as well give me the death scentance. Im willing to do anything i need to do to avoid incarceration.

I also do not live in florida or have any contacts there unlike my co defendant who has already returned to florida during this waiting period to do who knows what. I may have been the one to do the deal but it was in fear for my friend who her and her family were like my second family and i would at that point take a bullet for all of them not expecting it would actually come to that and im not just taking a bullet i am getting double jepordy having spent longer in county then my co defendant who could care less about what happens. She has even told people she doesn't care what happens she just wants it to happen and get it over with while i fight with everything i have to make myself a better person and build the strength i have to never get into a situation like this horrible nightmare again and i have cut all ties with her since.

_also the evidence shows she was the one to make the whole deal and plan it out and some text messages from me saying how scared i was. But i still handed the money over.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need a lawyer dont say anything to the DA until you get representation.

Yeah talk this over with your public defender. There are a few things in there i would suggest not saying but your lawyer is going to know better than us and will help you figure out what to put in your statement. You can tell all this stuff to your lawyer but don't talk to the prosecution or cops etc until your lawyer tells you what to say.

When is your court date? I'm sorry to ask, but I just want to know that you're alright. Your letter has inspired sympathy from myself, but like others have said, have your lawyer edit it. I hope all is well and I hope you get a break like myself <3. Remember, there are so many cases in Florida concerning Oxycodone it's insane.. they have so much work to do that they will give the right person a good sentence just to lighten their workload. I hope you don't go to jail, cause just like myself, I would have hung myself if I had gotten a sentence to more than a month in jail, and I can understand exactly what you're going through because I experienced it while going through my whole court process and it was complete HELL. Much love. <3

My pre trial is July 18th and i CANNOT afford a lawyer...I have a public defender who doesn't talk to me no matter what i do...

good luck, your going to need it. even without lucky i am sure you will get a slap on the wrist.

I just wanted to make a reminder since this thread is skating a little too close to legal discussion. We cannot give out legal advice. I think at this point we need to turn this thread in the direction of support and discontinue any talk about what the OP should do or say. I don't want this thread closed because the OP does need support which is what TDS is here for, but we cannot continue on with anymore legal discussion.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has participated in this thread so far. You have all done an amazing job at keeping this thread on key. <3