• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

First arrest crazy charges!?!

psyckokilla

Bluelighter
i walked into a drug deal my friend set up with a random guy from the internet. And making a stupid manic decision thinking she was gonna get robbed raped or whatever i went with her knowing this was gonna end BAD!!! Well it was a sting and now we're both facing first degree felony charges of conspiracy to traffic and trafficking in oxycodone just for 10 5mg tylenol pills cause it happened in florida on vacation and they are OUT OF CONTROL there. Im facing 3 years in DOC (i might as well kill myself) and 50,000$ in fines (again i might as well kill myself Im currently disabled btw) The depression and stress/anxiety leading up to my court date is hell. Im bipolar 1 PTSD and suffer from extreme anxiety and depression. I already did 20 days in county for it and was sexual harassed/gay bashed/threatend by the COs and its def stacked another level on my PTSD. I can't afford a lawyer so i have a public defender who doesn't give me much information or any kinda of comfort at all. Im ready to just make a drastic decision or something its killing me. Ive never been in trouble or don't do pain killers this was a stupid fucking mistake and my friend who planned the whole deal doesn't even give a shit she even went back to florida got with another addict and is still partying and being a retard while i suffer for her mistake although it was my choice to go to the deal. But i was out of my meds and was in a manic state for 3 days and just panicked about letting her go alone. (stupid stupid stupid) Upon release of county jail i continued with my meds and therapy which i have been in treatment almost my whole life and i also got myself into a 6 week outpatient rehab for mental health and substance abuse even though i don't really need the substance abuse part of it but it helps anyway keeping me sorta sane. Well i guess not sane since im convinced im going to jail and already have it planned to kill myself the first night even my fiance is prepared for me to die if this happens (long story on that one but my life has been nothing but a horror and i just don't have any fight in me to wake up everyday let alone go to jail with a bunch of baby rapers and killers. I don't know what to do and right now i have NO LEGAL ADVICE and am pretty much on my own.

Bluelight no longer has a legal forum, but you can search the archives. You could always give her up.

Don't kill yourself over a legal issue. People have survived plenty worse. If you don't like your attorney then ask for another one. it's your right.

psycko I'm so sorry to hear about this horrible fiasco you've been pulled into. I can't give you any sort of advice about your charges or what might happen but I can tell you death is not the answer.

You weren't in contact with with the "dealer" couldn't you plead that you were merely going with the girl to what you thought was a friends house? Completely unknowing a drug deal was to occur? You weren't the one who grabbed the pills, correct? Did the girl offer to take the blame of all the charges or is she looping you into it as well?

Will you be going to court to get your final sentencing? If it is your first offense you may be given leniency so don't worry to bad. I have had friends that were caught buying narcotics armed and since it was their first time were given a lenient sentence and minor fines. What you might be thinking of is the "standard" sentence which at times are greatly decreased once in court.

Try to stay calm and take it day by day. Suicide is absolutely not the answer and you will be okay. It isn't as detrimental as you think.

<3

There's always hope bro. I recently was arrested in southwest florida with 64 roxies (30mg ir) and was charged with trafficking. I was facing 3-10 years in prison, but I got it knocked down to a posession and walked away with 2 years state probation.

Yea, pretty much everybody faces at least a few years, but very rarely end up doing the time. My plea bargain was supposed to be for 1 year, but I got it knocked down even further once one of the detectives figured out I wasn't a big player in the game.

Seek professional legal council. Otherwise retards will tell you to waste all the witnesses, lawyer up and walk away scot free.

Unfortunately we can't provide any specific legal advice but we can provide mental support. You need to find a legal aid society or something in your area for legal advice. Don't overreact and let your fears run away with you and PLEASE don't do anything drastic. Things will get better. <3

I caught a case for possession of heroin, possible 5-7 years in missouri. First drug offense got my drug court. Lots of states offer diversion programs to either just keep you out of jail and/or also dismiss charges once the diversion program is complete. First offenders get off easy, probably probation/drug court, mandatory 12 step meetings, seeing your PO, and going to see the judge occasionally who often rewards good behavior (I got free movie tickets a month ago and 2 weeks ago got $20 knocked off my fees). Don't sweat it too much. The worry about the charges are generally worse than the charges.

I would make sure your friend appears in court with you. Try to talk her into admitting it was only her idea(I'm pretty sure there is proof of that as well, don't they have the sting transcripts? And won't they be bringing them as evidence?) What's the sense in both of you getting charged?
Hope that her record is messier than yours. If this is your first offense you ought to be fine, even if charged I believe it would be reduced down to a misdemeanor as long as you haven't been in trouble with drugs or dui's in the past.
It's really all on your friend, and for your sake how much of a friend she really is.
You're definitely not going to jail for this(as a first timer)
The fines you'll have to pay also won't be nearly as hefty as they're scaring you with.

It's just seeming really bad right now, in the end it'll still suck(any run ins with trouble are), but not as bad as you thought it was gonna be.

Talk seriously with your friend.

I think providing personal experiences are acceptable so the OP can see possibilities of the flexibility of the legal system. Keep em comim! :)

You should get a lawyer. It is important to have the best legal representation possible.

I think providing personal experiences are acceptable so the OP can see possibilities of the flexibility of the legal system. Keep em comim! :)

Yes it does help a lot thank you! I've already seen the discoveries they have and it does show my "friend" was the one setting up the deal for a few days before it happened and just me at the end being there. But Florida is the most corrupt in convictions so im still shitting my little panties. But any positive thoughts help in so many ways.

It just figures the past two years i clean up my life my lifestyle my shitty friends and then one bad mistake/decision can make it all crumble. fuct.

Is there any way for you to get letters, etc. from your therapist/psychiatrist? Maybe these could help. Also, ask friends/family that know how you have recently cleaned up your life to write letters in support to be given to the judge. My brother was facing prison and the judge came right out and said that the letters and support of his family was what caused him to suggest probation and rehab instead.

Don't beat yourself up about your "bad" decision; it sounds like you were genuinely concerned for your friend and there is nothing bad about that. Even the worst legal woes can be dealt with and will someday be in your past. Take everything one day at a time. Stay strong.<3<3<3

with a public defender negotiating with the system can be difficult. there are some good ones who are idealists and hard workers, but i feel like most of them are just grinding it out for a paycheck like everyone else.

however, your best bet is to get the defender, first, to feel sympathy for you. skip all of the bi-polar talk and go straight for "i was concerned for my friend's safety" and do the letters thing.
something like this has happened to me before, and i basically put real calculated pressure on the other party to make him take the charges. but to do that, i had a good lawyer who used to be a prosecuter and i am also a ruthless manipulator - you can bring this quality out in yourself in a way that frightens people ime, when you suffer from bipolar. the lows and the highs can be advantageous in a life or death situation - turn your weakness into your strength.

with a public defender negotiating with the system can be difficult. there are some good ones who are idealists and hard workers, but i feel like most of them are just grinding it out for a paycheck like everyone else.

however, your best bet is to get the defender, first, to feel sympathy for you. skip all of the bi-polar talk and go straight for "i was concerned for my friend's safety" and do the letters thing.
something like this has happened to me before, and i basically put real calculated pressure on the other party to make him take the charges. but to do that, i had a good lawyer who used to be a prosecuter and i am also a ruthless manipulator - you can bring this quality out in yourself in a way that frightens people ime, when you suffer from bipolar. the lows and the highs can be advantageous in a life or death situation - turn your weakness into your strength.

Like lawyers do not know anything about being manipulated. I wouldn't try that. If the truth is that you had your friend's safety in mind, then say so. But if you have a history of substance abuse to the point where you're going to rehab, then I wouldn't expect that to fly. If you go to rehab then the judge will think you had other reasons for being there or that you're insincere. I would get your attorney's opinion about that first.

I thought he meant manipulating the friend who was at fault to get them to confess? But anyway, there are ways to "manipulate" someone/something in your favour that aren't obvious, we all do it, especially situations where our freedom is in danger, like telling a cop who is deciding whether or not to arrest you that it was your first time, you'll never do it again, you're sorry, etc, even if none of those things are true. But if by manipulate he meant threaten/scare/blackmail, then no i would not suggest that.

I'll admit that manipulation was a key factor in me walking away from several years of jail for trafficking in florida. Once I was arrested I completely changed my image, went to therapy just because, went to several NA meetings and inspired some of the higher up's for letters of sympathy. My manipulation is done cold blooded though, with no emotion, so I didn't feel bad about any of it. I did a lot of other cold blooded shit to get out of that, and to reestablish my imagine in the community (being the son of a high profile figure in the area.. I felt obligated to for my father for somewhat ruining his image), and after the whole court process was over which took FOREVER, I just dipped out to a different county and am thus reestablishing myself here, and haven't talked to anyone in that damn city since (except one friend that was in it with me), not even my dad, cause he's as emotionless as I am and I don't really like dealing with him.

I'll admit that manipulation was a key factor in me walking away from several years of jail for trafficking in florida. Once I was arrested I completely changed my image, went to therapy just because, went to several NA meetings and inspired some of the higher up's for letters of sympathy. My manipulation is done cold blooded though, with no emotion, so I didn't feel bad about any of it. I did a lot of other cold blooded shit to get out of that, and to reestablish my imagine in the community (being the son of a high profile figure in the area.. I felt obligated to for my father for somewhat ruining his image), and after the whole court process was over which took FOREVER, I just dipped out to a different county and am thus reestablishing myself here, and haven't talked to anyone in that damn city since (except one friend that was in it with me), not even my dad, cause he's as emotionless as I am and I don't really like dealing with him.

Yes, but you'll admit that manipulation is part of your illness, something that you are trying to change, perhaps?

My thoughts are with you, psycko. I don't know what to say man, your story disturbs me more than I can say. As a former user of opiates, someone who isn't me knows how selfish he was when he was using those drugs, and your friend sounds selfish as all hell. Get her into the ring and prove to her what she needs to do to help you out. Keep in touch man.