• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

First arrest crazy charges!?!

Your not fucked alot of times DAs throw everything they can at you before pretrial in order to 1, scare you into a crappy plea bargain or 2, hope something seriose sticks. I dont think your going to prison for trying to buy OC. You need to keep your head up this is just starting its gonna be a tough road but it does end that I can promise. Be cool and remember your not the first or last person to go through this!

A public defender IS a lawyer. What did you think she was, a court stenographer? Being a public defender means MORE of a commitment to justice, as a PD could easily make a lot more money in the private sector with the level of experience they have. In fact, many defense attorneys working in the private sector began as public defenders, so cut her some slack. I can tell you, an attorney in the private sector would not give you much more time. But if you must, pay the few hundred dollars (if that) for just a consult with another attorney if you need to, it doesn't mean you have to retain that attorney, which you cannot afford. For a few hundred dollars, a consult with an attorney may give you peace of mind.

And tear up that statement of yours, it isn't a defense. You chose to participate in a drug deal, at whatever level, and now you have to answer to the charges. And ask yourself this hard question: if you were not arrested, would you not have taken some of the drug you had participated in obtaining? You went to rehab, after all, and the judge is going to want to know why you went to treatment if you didn't have a drug problem. I'm not saying that you do, but it's out there. You have to be brutally honest with yourself because if you're not, your attorney, the prosecuting attorney, and THE JUDGE will know it because they see cases like yours all day, everyday. So stop shifting the blame to your friend and accept responsibility already. You'd be surprised with the peace of mind that will accompany it.

Last edited:
A public defender IS a lawyer. What did you think she was, a court stenographer? Being a public defender means MORE of a commitment to justice, as a PD could easily make a lot more money in the private sector with the level of experience they have. In fact, many defense attorneys working in the private sector began as public defenders, so cut her some slack. I can tell you, an attorney in the private sector would not give you much more time. But if you must, pay the few hundred dollars (if that) for just a consult with another attorney if you need to, it doesn't mean you have to retain that attorney, which you cannot afford. For a few hundred dollars, a consult with an attorney may give you peace of mind.

And tear up that statement of yours, it isn't a defense. You chose to participate in a drug deal, at whatever level, and now you have to answer to the charges. And ask yourself this hard question: if you were not arrested, would you not have taken some of the drug you had participated in obtaining? You went to rehab, after all, and the judge is going to want to know why you went to treatment if you didn't have a drug problem. I'm not saying that you do, but it's out there. You have to be brutally honest with yourself because if you're not, your attorney, the prosecuting attorney, and THE JUDGE will know it because they see cases like yours all day, everyday. So stop shifting the blame to your friend and accept responsibility already. You'd be surprised with the peace of mind that will accompany it.

Ok MissyKins you obviously didn't read why i went to outpatient which was for a PHP (partial hospitalization) because i felt like i was going to kill myself but the place is also for substance abuse. You can't get around that with shitty state insurance. Its all or nothing with outpatient. And i know a public defender is a lawyer but they aren't there and focused on you because they are also handling a million other cases at the same time unlike a private lawyer who can really dig into your case without you even really talking to them and get shit done. And to be honest i would not have taken the pills it's not my thing it was hers. I take responsibility for being the one to hand the money over their is no way around that its there in the evidence and i'm not gonna lie out of my ass. Im an honest person because i think it gets your further than not being honest. And the "defense" i wrote up is not what i was going to give to the DA. Yes if i got some ok feedback i was going to think about it but i needed something to write out because i want to be honest and not just say YUP IT WAS ALL ME I DID IT. WHEN THIS IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH! Im sorry i will not let a fake junky friend who obviously doesn't give a shit if she rots in jail or not send me there. I was very very stupid for not just letting her dumb ass go down alone. But i have fucking issues and freaked the fuck out and this was my best friend at the time and i was scared for her. (BIG MISTAKE) But instead of just giving me bullshit and assuming things id love to hear what you think i should do?? Or wait the mod said people can't so i guess im done here.:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!

Should i speak the truth or lie and tell them i'm a junky which would work more in my favor??? God this world i so fucking corrupt!!!!

they caught you in a direct deal correct? how are you going to lie about that? you could probably lie about what went on but lying your way out of trouble probably wont happen. With a public 'pretender' errr i mean public defender your chances of beating the case fall off significantly. They do work for the court system so you know where their loyalty resides. They will say they work for you which is sometimes laughable. They work to try to get you to cop out.

Like missy said, you got caught, red-handed it sounds like. It is hard to beat cases like that unless you have a great lawyer that could spin the case in a different manner. To top it off you got caught in Florida, one of the worst god damn states for drugs and rigidity of the law. I would just admit your a drug addict, say your getting help, show documentation, blahblahblah, walk the walk, throw yourself to the mercy of the court, and hopefully wait for your slap on the wrist. If it was me, I would definitely have a private lawyer that knows his way in and out of that particular county in Florida. Then I would hold the mindset in my head that I am going to beat this fucking bullshit case and try to put it out of my head. There is really no use in worrying about things that are out of your control, it does no good.

Last edited:
Should i speak the truth or lie and tell them i'm a junky which would work more in my favor??? God this world i so fucking corrupt!!!!
i was being sarcastic out of frustration i did get caught red handed and i admitted to that here. I would not lie which i said and couldn't even if i wanted to. But i guess you did kinda answer my question in what i already knew i would have to do. Play junky stick with my therapy and outpatient. i already signed up for school also. So hopefully they feel sympathy especially since my friend who did set up the deal is doing nothing and has a previous record and has already gone back down to Florida to fuck off like its no big thing. I just wish i would get a little compassion. I take full responsibility but 3+ year in prison and 50k in fines. Ill be dead the first night my life would be over. Just for some pills that were 95% Tylenol...oh well they can cut the noose down when they find me in the cell.

<3 Take it day by day psycko I know it must be so scary. I know it will be difficult to throw this on the back burner and try to be calm until your court date but try not to worry yourself too much until you get your actual sentencing.

<3 Take it day by day psycko I know it must be so scary. I know it will be difficult to throw this on the back burner and try to be calm until your court date but try not to worry yourself too much until you get your actual sentencing.

Im trying my best i really am....i just can't believe all the progress and healing ive gone through in the past 3 years and one stupid mistake could destroy my whole life...

I know you are <3. Just keep updating us. Try not to dwell on it. I know you want answers. We might have suggestions but they aren't going to put your mind to rest any more than it is now with any legal advice we could give. Your situation is unique and has so many factors involved so it would be like shooting in the dark. I hope you understand why we can't give out legal advice on that basis.

I know you were a little upset in one of your last posts. I didn't mean to make you feel like we were shunning you or that you couldn't reach out to us. <3

How many more days until your court date?

i know your not shutting me out this site has always been great support..my pre trial is july 18th..I also want to add i live in CT so not only is this a living hell but is gonna cost us almost 3 grand everytime we fly down and get a place to stay and im on disability with an unemployed bf...

Well boys and girls..It looks like ill be doing 6 months in county then 3 years probation...with my already served days and gain time (if that god awful place follows state laws) I should be out around the end of December/beginning of January. Although this is the most traumatizing event in my life i just have to accept it. I haaaaaaaaaaaate giving into this kinda shit. But i always reach this exhaustion where i can't fight anymore or ill go crazy or kill myself.

Jail is not even what i'm worried about cept for lockdowns and the lights always on thing. Its what i'm losing over something that if it would of happened anywhere else it would have been one day in jail out the next on probation. Not that i don't take responsibility i def do and ill admit it kills me. Oh yea and im praying they get my medication right or that would be hell. Been on klonopin for 2 years 1-2mg a day perscribed and last time they didn't get it to me for days i was hallucination, not eating, could barely speak. They had to put me on klonodine or whatever cause my blood pressure was so high i was about to stroak out. The worst thing is they had my meds but this one nurse wouldn't give them to me. Anyway i know im rambling but this is just a nightmare i don't know what im going to do im terrified but accepting it. The big things that are killing me is...I will lose my disability benefits which was helping pay me and my fiances house my insurance my doctors my med possibly EVERYTHING KEEPING ME SANE! And worst of all my love..i can barely look him in the eye knowing i could lose him in all this. Is the worst. But he seems to be supportive and im just gonna lay low join some classes get my GED maybe even some church shit that i don't care for but it's something to do and kinda like therapy with a magic jew fairy. And hope it flies by. At least it's not the min mandatory 3 years although they aren't lowering the charges so goodbye any jobs in the future. I don't care as long as im out of jail.

Thanks for listening to me vent but it needed to happen.

No ChUrch In ThE WiLd

They might put you in a medical pod/blocl for inmates on meds. Try for it if you can. Best of luck. The time will fly by if yoy just go in with the mentality youre not getting out soon. Dont start any shit, become a trustee and work during the day, sleep at night.

Do they still do out early for good behavior? I hear Florida you only do 85% of your time and like 5 days off the sentence of every month for good behavior and or doing classes and of course being a trustee.

Well you where manic so you where not in your right state of mind correct? No more capable of making a decision then a schizophrenic. Id definitely use that to my advantage. If that doesn't work i hear Saskatoon is nice this time of year ;)

Yea well they don't want to hear about any "mental illness" they don't even care...I know my PD is trying to use it but she even says they just want the conviction...im hoping to hear from her soon hopefully it got lowered some more..if not 6 months is better than 3 years...even though its gonna be a nightmare being away from my partner..

That's a tough one, one of my friends got caught with 7grams of coke, 3.5 grams of crack, 500 extasy pills, about 5000$ cash and 3 digital scales. Luckly for him we live in Canada so he got a slap on the wrist, hasn't even gone to court yet.

Can you give us all the number of the lawyer who's representing that friend?

I know I could use a defense counsel of that callibre and I'm sure the OP of this thread wouldn't mind a helping hand from that magician too....

Missykins:
Well, yes. I suppose manipulation is something instinctive with myself. But in no ways am I trying to seek help for my psychological behavior, I am aware of it though.

Manipulation or self preservation, there is nothing evil about doing what you have to do to get out of something. Sometimes the reason why you do something isn't as important as just doing it.

Going to rehab. You can go for selfish reasons (manipulation) but if you get clean from it and you change as a result does it really matter why you went in the first place if the result is positive?

thats how I see it.

6 months is nothing. Make sure you figure out if its possible / how to get books sent to you. Your fiancee better be there every god damn visitation day too.