• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Drugs and Neurotransmitters chart

Oh wow, that should be stickied on BDD, DC or OD imo.

Neat find!

Nice. I also like the following graph (it's in Spanish but it's pretty straightforward)
Universo-Drogas.jpg

I've seen the English version a while back, can't recall where, I think it might have been something someone shared on facebook

While it's a cool concept, it doesn't really work like that though.

First chart is pretty accurate, I like it. The last chart would make a little sense if they wouldn't have put the psych meds category in. Putting clozapine next to methylphenidate, atomoxetine and escitalopram? Makes no sense at all.

I didn't like the first chart stating that the taking of tryptamines causes "crazy ideas". Purely subjective, and makes the uninitiate associate it unwittingly with psychotic ideas or ideas that one would consider really insane.

Of course it's subjective, it's someones lecture notes! IMO, written pretty damn well for a student who may not be into drugs themselves, of course I don't agree with all of it but for lecture notes, I'm impressed.

To quote the writer,
"Disclaimer: Do not use drugs for fun. Take drugs exactly as prescribed by a trustworthy doctor. This chart provides a rough overview, it is an oversimplification, it has omissions, and it may have blatant inaccuracies due to ongoing scientific debate or the writer's idiocy."

Last edited: