• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom Addiction/ Need Help After Withdrawals Are Over

Just want to say thank you to all the ppl who posted in here. It saved my life, seriously.

I'm free of kratom now.

:)

btw: I want to leave this song here, for all of you guys, but specially for @podsnomo

[video=youtube_share;t-T8iFmvmmA]http://youtu.be/t-T8iFmvmmA?list=UUn-IoDEPIR8ujknPMLZOyBw[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks kratomfree! I love all you guys and miss when this thread used to be popping. All my best to everyone!

Peace and love,
~pnm~

...Hard to describe. It stops working after a while though,at which point you either upgrade to extracts (stronger, more expensive) or quit. I chose to quit.
My reccomendation: Tread carefully

Peace,
Clarity
That never happened to me. Except for a few breaks, I used it every day, 3 times a day (around 5 grams total each day) for a couple of years. But it never stopped working for me. I never had to upgrade and never spent more than $100 per month.

I love the stuff. It was like daily coffee for me. My favorite combo is a medium dose of kratom and a little bit of heroin. I was always able to quit when i needed to, but WDs were nasty. I haven't used any for nearly a year, and I'm not sure if I'll take it up again..

Hello all,

I must say I am so impressed with most who have posted on this thread. It is amazing to see the heart and love that is displayed for other when you yourself is hurting. After mainly heavy drinking for about 25 years I got a scare and was told I had cancer. So, not wanting to leave my wife and daughters I immersed myself in ways to naturally heal and detox the body. Two modalities had profound effects for me. First was using bloodroot internally 4 times per day approx. 500 to 750 milligrams per dose. You have to adjust to bloodroot because it can and usually will make you nauseous. I used slippery elm to help with nausea. I also took daily digestive enzymes. All this can be purchased on Amazon. 19 days into taking these 4 times daily I had a healing crisis, I got a fever has as my body was trying to keep up with all the toxins that were being released. I had a fever for 3 days off and on...on the 4th day I felt 20 years younger, truly amazing. Equally amazing is a therapy called near infrared lamp therapy. This therapy has truly saved my life! Near infrared bulbs can be purchased at liveto110.com, they are not expensive. You sit in front of the lights (about 18 inched from you body) and they penetrate up to 1.5 inches into the skin/body and break water and fat soluable metals and toxins from your body. 30 minutes has amazing results, you wont believe how fast you can detox using this method! It seems to remove residual drugs and metabolites and has a great affect on not only removing toxins but also seems to lower tolerance. Trust me those of you who are struggling, daily use of these 2 things mentioned will dramatically change your life. You will purge metals and toxins that have been stored up in your bodies for decades. I hope you will take this seriously and look into it. Much love and hope to all of you!

Hi podsnomo - how are you doing? I too remember when this thread was popping. I was drawing strength from you ... and some from others. We were struggling. It's so true how our perspectives change when we're suffering. I myself am clean. I haven't done any K in 14 months now. It's the hardest thing that I've ever quit. I remember the day that I quit: June 12th, 2014. I was at my bottom. I totally came clean with my wife, I get her my debit card and told her of all the ways that I would sneak to use. It was the only way for me. There are folks that laugh to hear that kratom could really be any concern regarding addition. Anyone out there that wants to challenge me on that - bring it on. When you have to ball up like an embryo with RLS, that's no joke.

Thank you so much for this thread! I know it has been many years since this was active but the read over the past few days had gotten me through my darkest WD moments. Today is day 4 and I feel the light turning on again. It did help that the sun came out for the time this year.
I was taking about 20 to 30 grams a day for 6 months. Last year I had dabble for about a month only taking half that amount for a month in November and December and I quit cold turkey. Needless to say after a few dental surgies and pain pills in may I used kratom to curb the opiates withdrawal. I never quit until the first of this year.
I have taken two small 3 ounce doses in the middle of day 2 and 3 but today the RLS is gone and I didn't sweat so no Kratom.
I am also an AA alcoholic but have been to very few meetings in my Kratom addiction. Time to get back to what works. It is all mental now.
I have a great life and wife through being sober 100%. It's time together back to that home

At a meeting and it feels good...I little RLS but nothing crazy... Hopefully people will pick up with this thread and the old timers will come back

At another meeting. I'm hoping that maybe some old timers who have years of sobriety will come out. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I know what I have to do being a recoverd alcoholic. Day 5/ no symptoms anymore but and I had no Kratom yesterday. The Tamiflu might have been the life line. It was not cheap though. Happy trials though. Into the rooms I go

Another great meeting... Two days and two meetings feels amazing. This thread will come back, I know it!

It is a good thread :)

BTW, welcome to BL! Have you considered starting a new thread for your own recovery journal in SL? It would probably get more traction than this thread (I can move any posts into it of yours you might want included from here).

Nothing wrong with trying to necro this though. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen either.

Thanks man. This thread has so much good information and positivity in it. I am hoping some of the older posts come out of the wood work. Reading this the first two days gave me hope.

Day 6 here and was a little depressed this am but that is normal. I am allowed to feel. There is the key, I am feeling with a clear head. This has now been day three with no Kratom at all. So happy to have it not controlling my every waking hour and thought

Much love everyone

Have you through about starting your own thread documenting your experiences? It is helpful to others more than you might even know. No pressure thought, your presence, frankness and positivity is appreciated regardless of where you post.

EDIT - for clarity, here's my original reply to this thread, which is also my new kratom detox diary post ;)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/813619-About-to-do-a-Kratom-Detox-(Recovery-Journal)

I kind of liked that I was replying to this thread. I will reserve this space to link to my detox diary as above, and edit in some relevant comment back here in this space that makes sense. Will reformat and tidy it up as I go, but for now there's the link and this post and the intention.... keep you posted (pun half intended)

to whoever moved my post to make a new thread, I appreciate it, but I also would have liked a copy of my post to stay in this thread. No worries, we/I will figure it out as we go (I'm still pretty new here!), and here's my solution for now ;)

Last edited:
Holy crap huge amount of posts for thia haha. So, ya kratom is not a hard drug but yes ofcourse you can w/d. Anything that brings you up a Rollercoaster will also bring you down. Stopping pot can even bring issues. You have been given good advice on the taper process on the first page I saw. Never hesitate on BL. Ya you get some judgemental assholes but you will always get some loving caring people as well just ignore trolls plus if they troll hard administration will backhand them. Peace

EDIT - for clarity, here's my original reply to this thread, which is also my new kratom detox diary post ;)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/813619-About-to-do-a-Kratom-Detox-(Recovery-Journal)

I kind of liked that I was replying to this thread. I will reserve this space to link to my detox diary as above, and edit in some relevant comment back here in this space that makes sense. Will reformat and tidy it up as I go, but for now there's the link and this post and the intention.... keep you posted (pun half intended)

to whoever moved my post to make a new thread, I appreciate it, but I also would have liked a copy of my post to stay in this thread. No worries, we/I will figure it out as we go (I'm still pretty new here!), and here's my solution for now ;)

Done. Here is your original post I started your own thread from:

Hi guys, just read page one, and then read the post above me, and am compelled to say hi, and some other stuff ;)

I'm about to do a kratom detox and want to diary/blog my experiences and get some support and feedback while I do it. Get that mutual thing going so we can all learn from it etc... these websites have always been invaluable to me, so it's time I gave something back I guess.

I first used kratom recreationally and randomly, not really knowing what it was exactly..., but then some years later I started using kratom regularly after I discovered how it improved my mood and gave me some perspective on a week when I was feeling kind of suicidal. I have been suffering from some strange chronic social anxiety and general anxiety and subsequent depression for about 3 or 4 years now. Kratom kind of saved my life. Then I moved to daily use after a very difficult failure in my life - so I was using to cope and come to terms with this setback. It was equally helpful during that time, and in the end I got very productive and got a handle on my anxiety etc for quite a while, but it's been over a year of daily use now and it's time to "take back control"... I also have had a recent bout of depression and unproductivity, so I feel that the kratom has stopped working and served it's purpose, a stage that any mental health medication would get to over time. I noticed a tolerance increase trend. I also started eyeing up stronger opiates, as well as using the kratom extracts and enhanced varieties, some of which have some very strong opiate properties or synthetics in them... I even experienced some withdrawal sickness from those varieties and other opiates, while using normal kratom daily, so I have a glimpse of what the abyss of opiate/opiod addiction and withdrawal feels like.

So, first off to say hi and thanks for the post - will read through the whole thing gradually I think, 2nd to let you know I will be writing this detox experience up in case you want to read it and share etc, 3rd to ask - where do I write it? (I might just start a post in "homeless threads" section). Hopefully I can share some general insights from my 20 years of drug use alongside the practical details of the detox. Best wishes

@TPD thanks

to any readers, I just made a new post in my thread. I intend (hope) to update shortly. I must remember to read all 19 pages of this thread first though!

Another great meeting... Two days and two meetings feels amazing. This thread will come back, I know it!

This thread is awesome. I just randomly thought of this thread today so I google searched it and saw there was some new shit. Nice. I've got 3 1/2 months this time around. This is the time.

Keep up the good work Clarity! Have you create your own recovery journal thread, or thought about it?

So ah.. I know I’m a bit late here, lol, but I just wanted to check in and let everybody know that I am still around & doing well. I wouldn’t say I’m completely off Kratom as I will occasionally use it for physical pain, but I never use it just for some fun or to kill some emotional pain or whatever. In other words, no addictions. I don’t really drink or use anything much, really.
My life is completely different now. I own my own business. I’m married to a great, sober guy. So the idea of using kratom/ withdrawaling is horrifying to me. It’s just not worth it. But getting better took time.
I went through a lot of hard stuff, and what helped me, besides just time of course, was yoga, moving my body (even just walking), Weight lifting, etc. Eating healthfully. It’s amazing what one can accomplish when one is sorta sober lol. IDK if anyone will see this, but I just wanted to say heeeeey lol

I've been taking Kratom for 3 years and would like to put the brakes on my usage. I take about 3 tablespoons throughout the day. It's not bad but I just want to cut back. Would Black Seed Oil help me with any withdrawal symptoms. I'm having it delivered by mail Saturday. Whats everyones input on this?