• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best Way to Use Suboxone/Subutex to Detox

Once you've reached a 14 on the cows scale, administer 1mg of the subutex every hour until your w/d subside, (you may only need the 1mg) , everyone is different, so you're going to have to find out what dose levels you off.

Now there's different tapering strategies for subs, if thats all you have and you're unable to obtain more, I'd try taking the initial dose, waiting as many days as you can, or until you feel w/d kicking back in. and take another dose ( half the amount of the first one). then waiting as long as you can to take another dose. The idea behind this strategy is you're taking just enough sub to get by so you don't become dependant on it, all the while giving your body enough time to expell the h out of your system.

Only administer doses as you need them, and your next dose should always be lower than the previous dose, with the exception being that the new dose wasn't enough to subside your w/d. you only need to wait 24-36 hours for your initial dose, after that you can take it as soon as you start to feel the w/d coming on. After you've gone a week or two the H should be out of your system, and your attention should turn to jumping off the sub.

You want your dose to be at .25-.50mg,or lower when you decide to stop the subs. Even though 2mgs may not seem like a large amount, it's a lot when it comes to bupe! Jumping from 2mgs will almost guarantee going into sub w/d. So make sure you're taking micrograms when you decide to quit.

You really should find a sub dr. and be monitored by a professional during this process, however there are circumstances in which you are unable to do this (no insurance ect.), So if you cannot get a dr, then take the fore mentioned advice, another side note, drs will want you to take this medication for years, some people may need to go this route, but it's my unprofessional opinion that the least amount of time on subs, the easier it will be to quit them.

DO NOT rely on subs alone to end your addiction, you need to have support from others, as unattractive as it sounds, councelling will go a long ways, if that's completely out of the question, at least have understanding friends or family to confide in and support you morally during the process, do not fight this alone!

If you think this tapering strategy does not suite your needs, there's plenty of threads that have alternative strategies. check 'em out.

Last edited:
Okay so I joined this site because I have gone here so many times to get help when going threw w/d's and I wanted to share the love back a bit... SOOOO many addicts I know still don't use bupe properly. In my personal experience I has a very heavy dope addict same old story started blowing oc 80s they went away :! and I switched to blowing H which eventually led me to banging it. At the peak of my addiction I was doing around 3-5 buns a day... Before I start I just want to say bupe is truly a miracle drug If you don't think so your just wrong or not an addict. THE FIRST big thing I want to say about bupe is that YOU DONT NEED THAT MUCH!!!! I had a insanely big habit for a fuckin long ass time and after waiting to be in full w/d's I only need like 4mg to feel right ...
I found the most effective way to get off of dope quickly is a 5day taper with saving a couple doses for 3 days after you jump off than again 3 days after that so that would be 11 days total . Honestly I'm not trying to sound like "yo iv done so much drugs , I had the biggest habit ever" not at all just trying to help my fellow addicts cuz were special people . YOU ONLY NEED 2 OR 3 AT MOST 8MG PILLS AT THE MOST TO DETOX !!! MOST PEOPLE ONLY NEED 1!!!

I'm going to write how I taper off a big habit using 2 and a 1/2 8mg subs ... For smaller habits when i detoxed i only need one and In that case I usually snort it (I would like peoples feed back on if they think snorting them makes it easy to taper) I perfer to snort i think it works better

First day: after having waited until your in full w/d . I just want to state that this is different for everyone!! I know some kids who can do a line of sub in the morning after getting high the night before. For me personally I need to wait a full 24/36 hours to be in full w/d it sucks but I have waited a full 24 hours an got perciptated w/d which we all know is not fun. So only you know your own body, but to be on the safe side wait untill you start dry heaving in my experience thats when I can start my first dose.. So lets say you wake up on DAY 1 -take your first dose of 4mg wait an hour for it 2 kick in this will be enough !! if for some crazy reason it's not take another 2mg BUT DO NOT EXCEED 8MG ON THE FIRST DAY ! Honestly people you dont fucking need to . But what u Do is the first day I take 4mg in the A.m. than another 4mg at night ..

Day 2: break up the second 8mg sub into 4 equal pieces .. in the a.m take one of the peices and another in the night

Day 3: this is the hump day take your dose in the a.m than go all day long without taking another .. YOU CAN DO IT BELIEVE ME! ... GET SOME WEED THAT WILL REALLY HELP AS WELL AS BENZOS... AN MOST OF ALL DONT MIND FUCK YOURSELF UL B FINE!

Day 4: do the same thing as day 3 take the last piece of the second broken up sub in the a.m than go all day without it anything again

Day 5: break up your last 8mg sub into anotha equal 4 pieces ... on waking up on day 5 dont take anything go all day long without dosing an before you go to sleep take a peice

ok so now your going to jump off you really should feel line for the next couple days . about 3-4 days later when the sub in your system starts to get lower an lower . try and go for as many days as you can if you dont need to take the last piece than dont! but if in 3 or 4 days u start 2 relly feel like shit take that last piece it will help alot an let you down slowly

I hope this was helpfull to people . I have also broken up 1 8mg pill into 4 equal lines an done it over 5 days to detox from a smaller habit that works also .

Also I can not stress enough WEED it helps so fuckin much not only physically but mentally at least for me ... also benzos are a life saver for the couple of weeks after u make the jump when your having trouble falling asleep ... also Imodium is great after u make the jump if your feeling shitty

That is what I need to do. I can't stay in the subs due to the nature of my job...I am out on disability for an unrelated issue, due to return in 3 wks. I HAVE TO BE CLEAN. As I said above, I have 1 1/2 subutex (12g) and 2 1/4 suboxone strip (18g). Should I start with the subutex first, since it doesn't have the naloxone? I know it is the bupe that causes the risk of precip wd, not the naloxone, but it seems like people have an easier time starting subutex than suboxone. Does anyone have experience with this? I am just so terrified that I won't be able to do this. I need all the help anyone has to offer. It feels good being honest with someone, even though it is an anonymous on line community. It's a start... And once I get clean I know I can stay clean throughAA/NA...I did it before!

yes brotha I would start with the subutex the first dose but than switch to the strips the naxolone cleans out your system and will help speed up the process ... DONT WORRY you have way more time than you need an enough sub to make the W/d's mild .... Don't mind fuck yourself you will be ok man you ask me any questions about dosage I have done this many times ... What were you using an how much ? try reading my above post that should help you alot . I'm more than happy to answer any futher questions tho

Btw...I'm sista not a brotha...lol! And I was down to 3-4 bags of dope a day IV but yesterday n today I did like 6...the more I worry about detoxing the more I do. I need to have the subs out of my body before I go back to work in 3 weeks. So I need to do this quick. I also have a little kid to take care of. I also kinda lost access to the dope cuz the person who gets it for me won't get it anymore. And I'm too afraid to go myself...I appreciate ur help...I just need to keep hearing that I can do this...u guys r great!

Take the subutex first: SUBOXONE Film is not indicated for induction. A buprenorphine-only medication is used instead. After induction, ask your doctor for a prescription for SUBOXONE Film
^ And that's from the official suboxone website..
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/about_suboxone/stages_treatment.aspx#5

What are you talking about? Suboxone (the strips and the pills both) are used for induction all the time.. that makes no sense. hah. I'm surprised the site says that because I've never known a doctor to use a different form of bupe to induct.

The drug given for induction is whatever is going to be prescribed.. if the doctor likes subutex, then he uses subutex to induce.. if it's suboxone (which is generally is) then they use that for the induction. It's done all the time..

What are you talking about? Suboxone (the strips and the pills both) are used for induction all the time.. that makes no sense. hah. I'm surprised the site says that because I've never known a doctor to use a different form of bupe to induct.

The drug given for induction is whatever is going to be prescribed.. if the doctor likes subutex, then he uses subutex to induce.. if it's suboxone (which is generally is) then they use that for the induction. It's done all the time..
I don't disagree that subs are used all the time to induce, I use xone to induce as well, I was just quoting the official website, but I believe they're reasoning behind that is 10% of people have adverse effects from subs, so the doc will give you bupre only and see if your body takes to it well, and if so, then they'll introduce the bupre AND naloxone and see if your body accepts that. It's done basically to determine which one of the two is causing the bad reaction. If someone has a bad reaction to suboxone, but they were fine taking bupre only, then they can pinpoint the naloxone as the culprit for the adverse reaction.

Last edited:
I don't disagree that subs are used all the time to induce, I use xone to induce as well, I was just quoting the official website, but I believe they're reasoning behind that is 10% of people have adverse effects from subs, so the doc will give you bupre only and see if your body takes to it well, and if so, then they'll introduce the bupre AND naloxone and see if your body accepts that. It's done basically to determine which one of the two is causing the bad reaction. If someone has a bad reaction to suboxone, but they were fine taking bupre only, then they can pinpoint the naloxone as the culprit for the adverse reaction.

Yeah, well I've definitely heard of people having an adverse reaction to naloxone and therefore get switched to subutex, but they were still given the suboxone first and only found that out after. That's why I'm surprised the site says that because I've personally never seen or heard of that being done in actual practice.

You're right, it rarely ever happens in actual practice, it's sad really, in no particular order I can only think of 3 reasons why it doesn't: 1. A certified sub doc is half as knowledgeable as most users. 2. The doc is more concerned about patient abuse than he is patient well being. 3. Sub docs prescriptions are persuaded by RB kickbacks.

You're right, it rarely ever happens in actual practice, it's sad really, in no particular order I can only think of 3 reasons why it doesn't: 1. A certified sub doc is half as knowledgeable as most users. 2. The doc is more concerned about patient abuse than he is patient well being. 3. Sub docs prescriptions are persuaded by RB kickbacks.

All very true.

GUYS I NEED SOME ADVICE ASAP! I have been on subs for 2 yrs,down to 4 mil a day. I fell of the wagon 6 days ago and have been eating one fentynal50 patch a day for the last week. I'm stopping tomorrow. What I need to know is, because I've been eating the patches, do I still need to wait the whole 36/48 hrs before I can start the subs again??????? Or can I take them 12/18 hrs after last eating a patch! I really don't wanna go into percipitaded w/s, hope u guys can help.! DIKKO.

GUYS I NEED SOME ADVICE ASAP! I have been on subs for 2 yrs,down to 4 mil a day. I fell of the wagon 6 days ago and have been eating one fentynal50 patch a day for the last week. I'm stopping tomorrow. What I need to know is, because I've been eating the patches, do I still need to wait the whole 36/48 hrs before I can start the subs again??????? Or can I take them 12/18 hrs after last eating a patch! I really don't wanna go into percipitaded w/s, hope u guys can help.! DIKKO.

Because of the short half-life of fent, you might not need to wait as long, however, it's a mistake for anyone to get hung up on the time aspect and time alone. The real indicator of when you should start suboxone is your level of withdrawal and how you feel psychically.

Wait until you are in moderate withdrawal, however long it takes. Then start the suboxone.