NASADD Social v It's HOL's birthday! Any day is better than shitting yourself in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you either a snitch or not
There is no gray area

^ True, yet a kid flipping on his dope dealer to get out of being arrested is looked at worse than the mob member who snitches to get a reduced sentence.

I finished up the 3 part Hatfields & McCoys series a few days ago, and thought it was really good. I thought I saw it mentioned in here recently, so figured I would bring it up. I wonder how much of a drunk I would have been back then. Booze was all over, and dudes just drank all day. Morphine became popular during the civil war, which is when the beginning of the Hatfields & McCoys mini-series took place, so if I could have gotten me some of that I woulda put the whiskey down for a little while so I could binge on morphine. If I survived into the early 1900s then I would be copping my dope from Bayer.

No Shit, Think about the women back then.

I'd:
a) be some bored housewife drinking laudanum all day and nodding like crazy (like that widow lady on Deadwood).
OR
b) end up being a saloon good-time girl, drinking like a fish and copping my dope from Al Swearengen (like Trixie on Deadwood).

I miss that show. :D

^me too! I loved that show man. I have no idea why they just stopped it...they had several great story lines going on. The only complaint I have about that show is that at first it's very hard to follow due to their language and unusual mannerisms and what not.

yall watch game of thrones at all?

I was a little disappointed with the last 2 episodes and how they ended the season..that's the problem with shows like that and too many story lines..

^I can't get into it. I used to watch every hbo series but I have been slacking. I watch "luck" every now and then but I can't get into a series if I have missed some episodes....too difficult to keep up most of the time.

^ They already cancelled "Luck" so there's not many episodes of it. I saw two episodes but didn't care for it much. As for Game of Thrones, I'm not interested in that type of show so I never watched it.

I've never been interested in those types of shows either but its not really fantasy its more realistic..by that I mean you can see how it relates to the midevil times and how people fought to control their lands and conquer others

It like a mix of real life and fantasy..like I said I normally never would watch it but I dunno o seen the first couple episodes and was hooked

Shouldn't hell on wheels be coming back soon?

Hey Tommy did you know they filmed that in Romania?? I found that kind of strange

^ Nope, didn't know that. The soundtrack was pretty chilling and went perfectly with the series. I wonder if the series reignited the fued just a little, even though the families signed a peace treaty recently. The show showed how stupid the fued was, but also I'm sure some people from either family might have wanted to fight the family a little more after watching that.

Hbo series sure have gone downhill since deadwood and the sopranos

yall realize jim Vance was the catcher from major league?

kevin coster had a hell of a performance in it too..

No way Memphis , Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. I can't wait for the new season of Boardwalk and GOT just ended.

No way Memphis , Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. I can't wait for the new season of Boardwalk and GOT just ended.

good call. i forgot about boardwalk empire. i have only seen 1 or 2 episodes of game of thrones and it seemed hella lame to me.

when does the new season of boardwalk empire start?

so they have Boardwalk Empire and East Bound and Down going for them and im pretty sure last season was the last season for East Bound and Down.

GOT is nuts man I'm tellin you..when I finished the first season I couldn't wait for the second..

And boardwalk I only watched the second season but yeah..nucky is a killer now I can't wait too see what's next..sucks ***** died though..(don't want to spoil tha for people who haven't seen it)

Have yall see that show GIRLS? I know what yall are prolly gonna say but its funny as shit

I haven't watched VEEP yet..

is GIRLS that show about that group of college chicks living in NYC?

Yea..right after college

my sister was watchin it and I sat down and ended up watchin 4 episodes with her..its not bad, not must see for me but good enough to watch the season but its pretty funny..and they are only 30min long so its not like you have to invest a bunch of time into it, to see if you like it..reminds me sorta like bridesmaids

That's a typical guy excuse for watching a chick show. We use it "my xxxxxx was watching it and...." Nbd js

^ your right but in this case its true..

when i walked in, the girls were talkn about drinkn opium tea, and thats what got my attention to ask what it was she was wathing.. then she said it was some new show and thats the only reason i gave it a shot, i wasnt even gonna bother cause i thought i was a chick type a show..then after the episode i saw that the girl who is the main character is also the director and writer of the show, so i figured it was somewhat autobiographical and then i saw it was produed by judd apatow, and thats what really made me want to watch it..cause hes behond all the great comedys now a days..even freeks and geeks is a classic and they only made one season of that

like i said its not "must see" for me but good enough to watch the series..i like to watch them every 2-3 weeks, so i can watch just more then one episode at a time instead of watching and havng to wait a week for the next one..i kinda let them build up like i did for 'boardwalk'..i was a late newcomer to that show and finally when the season ended i watched it all in lke 3-4days, instead 1 a week..game of thrones was one that i couldnt pass up and watch them all when the season was over..every sunday i want to see it

anyone see the show "lifes too short"? its like a mockumentary about warwick davis

Status
Not open for further replies.