• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time Heroin help (Smoking)

BottleDryer

Bluelighter
Recently acquired some Heroin (don't know what kind or it's strength), it's off white / light grey in color. Never used H before.

I have a light opiate tolerance (oxycodone 10-15mg to feel anything).

For ROA I tried smoking it in a glass meth pipe (ball and tube style), heat was applied to the glass and the H started to melt and bubble until it turned black.
I was able to inhale a bit of vapor/smoke , enough to get a short and sharp cough from it. But I didn't feel a thing afterwards, waited 10 minutes and still nothing.

I had placed 10-15mg approximately in the pipe.

Am I doing this wrong ? How come I don't feel anything from it ?

I'm assuming it's powder since you said that it is offwhite or light grey. You'd be better of snorting a 1/4 bag and continuing with the another quarter to half depending on how you feel in 15 minutes. Smoking powder dope is tricky, and not as economical as smoking tar (which in itself is perfect for smoking since it slides down foil with ease)

Powder dope you have the (best) options of - Snort or Shoot
Black tar dope you have the (best) options of - Smoke or Shoot

If you have tar (which it doesnt sound like) get foil, fold it into a V shape and smoke it while letting the tar slide down the foil. Follow videos showing how to smoke oxycontin and it will better show you how. It's pretty simple, decently effective, and better than snorting (if you have tar)

Again powder is different.

Follow those guidelines to get the most out of your H. Also, please trust me when I say, no matter how good you feel, how often you want to, please save yourself a headache in the long run and make short use of heroin. I am not one to preach, but I've been hooked on opiates 5+ years now and I think a little junky forewarning would be useful to a first time user such as yourself. Keep it to no more than twice a week IF that. Please trust me when I say withdrawal from opiates is a sick nasty animal you want no part of.

Happy hunting for your high. Good luck.

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Just a few questions. First, it IS in powder form, not tar, so that means it wouldn't be great to try and smoke it ? (wasteful ?) . If I wanted to smoke it, is there a proper way of preparing it ?
How does one go about snorting the powdered H ?
Also, is 1/4 of a dime bag a "safe" dosage for a newbie with my tolerance ? ( i know batch's of H all vary in terms of potency )

I've been using opiates like oxy, morphine, codeine on and off for the past 2-3 years, i always try and keep myself in check and take breaks.

Just a few questions. First, it IS in powder form, not tar, so that means it wouldn't be great to try and smoke it ? (wasteful ?) . If I wanted to smoke it, is there a proper way of preparing it ?
How does one go about snorting the powdered H ?
Also, is 1/4 of a dime bag a "safe" dosage for a newbie with my tolerance ? ( i know batch's of H all vary in terms of potency )

I've been using opiates like oxy, morphine, codeine on and off for the past 2-3 years, i always try and keep myself in check and take breaks.

In terms of the amount of the drug you will get, no, smoking it is NOT a good way. Powdered heroin is in a salt form, it doesn't burn the same way black tar heroin does, and for that reason, most people snort it. There is nothing you need to do other than break out a 1/4 of a bag, make sure your nose is clear and dry, roll up a dollar and snort it into the highest part of your nose through the dollar (or straw is better/cleaner)

Yes a 1/4 of a bag is a pretty safe bet. I would say (IN GENERAL) as far as quality/strength of a bag of heroin, they are roughly equivalent to a roxicet 30mg, some better, some worse obviously. 1/4 of a bag may not get you high, but it is way better to be safe and start with a low dose and go up, then to go with a high-dose and get sick or kill yourself since you can't go back down.

There is no real way to prepare it for smoking, I know many have said you can smoke powder and let it slide down foil just like tar, but in my research I have seen many who have contested these statements saying they are fabricated or somewhat untrue.

You can try to research, see what you find, but in most cases you will see smoking powder heroin is not a sufficient rate of administration. I think snorting it for sure will be your very best bet.

For ROA I tried smoking it in a glass meth pipe (ball and tube style), heat was applied to the glass and the H started to melt and bubble until it turned black.
I was able to inhale a bit of vapor/smoke , enough to get a short and sharp cough from it. But I didn't feel a thing afterwards, waited 10 minutes and still nothing.

I had placed 10-15mg approximately in the pipe.

Am I doing this wrong ? How come I don't feel anything from it ?

Yea you're supposed to put it on tin foil and lite it underneath and inhale the smoke thru a straw. But smoking powder doesn't work its just a waste you need the tar. Just snort it.

Yes a 1/4 of a bag is a pretty safe bet. I would say (IN GENERAL) as far as quality/strength of a bag of heroin, they are roughly equivalent to a roxicet 30mg, some better, some worse obviously. 1/4 of a bag may not get you high, but it is way better to be safe and start with a low dose and go up, then to go with a high-dose and get sick or kill yourself since you can't go back down.
Personally I would suggest starting with an even smaller amount just in case it's a particularly strong batch. Heroin potency varies so much from place to place and dealer to dealer. It's always best to start small, you can easily take more if it's not enough. When I first started 1/5th of a 0.1g "bag" was plenty for snorting and 1/10th of a bag for injecting. And give a bit of time before you decide whether or not to take more.

yes i would stick with a low dose

http://www.globalrph.com/narcoticonv.htm

i don't know if that would help...

That drug converter doesn't list heroin, it only lists legal drugs. Also online converters are notoriously unreliable as they don't account for incomplete cross-tolerance, differences in people's metabolisms, etc. I would always start with less than half of what a converter says should be equivalent to my usual dose of a different opioid.

Smoking powder H is extremley wasteful without super good technique..and it takes time to develop that. You're much better off snorting it.. just take out a little bump to start with, about the size of a match head. Go from there.

When i first started to use Heroin i could get high off 1 bag 4-5 times. maybe more when i FIRST started. But after a few go's ya start to need a lil more. I still prefer to sniff over any other roa. I get powder too and smoking it is damn near impossible. Sniffing it is the way to go. Especially if you want to avoid needles. (good choice). If you are used to taking only 10-15mg of oxycodone why are you switching to H?

Basically by the time you get a good technique you will have a good habit, it comes with practice!

People always say snort it if you don't know how and that's probably good advice, but if you can get someone to run it for you then you will know why we smoke it;)