• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

bleugh.. just choked down 600ml of PPT made from 3 pods in an attempt to find out how much difference more volume of water makes to the brew. So that's three cups compared to my usual cup and a half.

Have to say the gag reflex does start to kick in strongly on the approach to the 3rd cup but some chocolate milk helped keep it at bay.

i have had loads of opium poppies spring up in my garden. can some one tell me what to do? they havent flowered yet, and they do look like they are there just to make my garden look pretty, alongside the other poppy varieties. in fact i must say my garden is looking rather nice

I don't know, I don't grow them I just brew the dried the pods. I can say that I almost got a nod off my tea last night, didn't quite, but I did get cartoon not-quite-dreamland before I went to sleep and it was lovely so I reckon my experiment was a success.

i have had loads of opium poppies spring up in my garden. can some one tell me what to do? they havent flowered yet, and they do look like they are there just to make my garden look pretty, alongside the other poppy varieties. in fact i must say my garden is looking rather nice

Theres loads of info online. You certainly need to wait for the flowers to fall off and reveal the pods. I think you can then either wait for the pods to turn brown, or pick them whilst they are still green (not sure whats best), you can also slit them at the green stage whilst they are still alive & growing in the ground i think so that they exude opium gum.

discovered a field of poppies today..... only some flowering thanks for the above bud, theres loads of lovely wildlife where i live. you just gotta look :)

hey,
i have a few pods here and i have made tea twice now.. i am currently on my second dose..
i am wondering a bit about tolerance - like - could i dose again on tuesday and feel something? i am not worried about addiction since i have a very limited supply..
i am using a very small amount - three tiny pods this time - smaller than the end of your pinky finger..
i love the feeling so far.. good for writing music!
i have been chopping up the pods and steeping for 15 minutes then squishing out the remaining liquid.. then i steep a second time and then leave the remainder to dry out for smoking..
on a side note - some of my pods have been slit and oozed black tar stuff - is that stuff good to smoke? better to brew and drink? and can i still steep those pods with/without the black stuff?

hey,
- some of my pods have been slit and oozed black tar stuff - is that stuff good to smoke? better to brew and drink? and can i still steep those pods with/without the black stuff?

That tar stuff is dried raw opium. It's what the chinese/afghanis vape(d) as opposed to smoke(d). There's something of a knack/process involved though. I've only read about it, rather than actually had the opportunity to try it myself. It seems like it would take a lot of experimentation to get right. You would also need an approrpriate pipe. Apparently you can also make a brew out of it. The brews containing that should be even better than just the normal dried pods. You are very lucky to be getting a buzz off 3 tiny pods, they must either be a super potent strain or you must have super low tolerance/sensitivity to the plant. Either case is win, win, win for yourself.

Apparantly you can also evaporate down your normal pod brew until it becomes a sticky paste, which is then left to dry out further. This is also meant to be raw opium (if I correctly understood what I read as it was full of legal speak so the guy wouldnt incriminate himself). My first experiment with this was a total failure. I couldn't figure out how to vape the remaining dried chunks atall (it doesnt help that I dont have an opium pipe or anything resembling one and the methods used to vape powders are clearly not transferable to poppy material lol). At least these dried balls could be used as convenient concentated and portable poppy pellets. A lot easier and less distastefull to consume than the drink. A lot of work and time required to produce them though.

Last edited:
The 'black bits' are the opium. Farmers use a tool like a fork to slit through the outer but not inner membrane of the pod, which allows the opium to ooze out. If you boil it off, the resultant brew is stronger and purer than traditional 'poppy tea'. A google will explain all the techniques for you. But be aware of the legal aspects - growing poppies is legal and I've never heard of anyone being arrested for making poppy tea. But opium is very illegal and, once you attempt to extract it, you cross the line into indictable crime. Crazy like most Drug Laws.

The 'black bits' are the opium.

Are you sure? Seeing as they're designed to be ornamental dried flowers slitting them would make them worthless. I always thought that was just the colouring you get when drying the plant.

Apparantly you can also evaporate down your normal pod brew until it becomes a sticky paste, which is then left to dry out further. This is also meant to be raw opium

Nah it's not raw opium, it's just dried poppy pod tea. You can't smoke it - it's nowhere near as potent as opium.

thanks for the infos!
i will try adding the black ooze to the tea next time.. i was smoking it and not feeling much - other than a funny feeling like having smoked an acorn shell.. heh..

Are you sure? Seeing as they're designed to be ornamental dried flowers slitting them would make them worthless. I always thought that was just the colouring you get when drying the plant.

Nah it's not raw opium, it's just dried poppy pod tea. You can't smoke it - it's nowhere near as potent as opium.

Although you were replyting to Challie and not myself with the first part, i think i can say LOL to that ?

The bit where your replying to me, like i said i wasnt sure if i had understood the author correctly about the concentrated tea being opium, or maybe he meant it was the first stage towards another method of deriving opium from the plant. But he seemed to be implying that the PPT can be easily turned intoto opium somehow, and from there with the use of chemicals you can get morphine, and from there you can create heroin ! It does all seem rather far fetched i must admit. I'm gonna have a re-read when i get chance (Mods, obviously i wont be posting these processes on here even if if they are valid.)

But he seemed to be implying that the PPT can be easily turned intoto opium somehow

Yeah a few people think that but it's nonsense unfortunately. All you get is concentrated poppy tea which isn't even the same sport as opium.

Watch out for eating the pods raw - there are stories of the turkish goatherders having unpleasant things on the bottom of their sandals when they step across the poppies in their shack.

haha.. well - these pods were not grown in asia...
i tried vaporizing the black ooze from the pods in a pyrex tube and i think that i feel something mild.. (already having drank tea today)
i am still curious about tolerance.. i almost feel less this time from more pods and better grinding..? maybe i should wait more like 1 week or 1 month between doses?

and i think that i feel something mild

You need to mix them with banana skins for the full effect ;)

am still curious about tolerance

Yeah it's a very long-lived tolerance, I think it's even longer when you drink the tea.

i have succeeded in growing the didiest opium poppies ever...papaver somniferum dwarfentium... tiny lil things

I don't wanna hijack this thread but I've just found an amazing poppy growing in an alley near me. It's about 6' tall and has about 30 buds on it and is just starting to flower. Because of the location it's not really practical to score the pods and collect the opium when the petals drop.

what do you think would be the best way to utilise this plant?

Chop the pods off once the petals have dropped? Then dry and perform an extraction? Or extract whilst wet? Or even just cut the whole plant down and boil the fuck out of it?

Any suggestions greatfully received.

I know scoring and scraping the pods is best, but I'm unlikely to get away with doing this due to the location.

cheers

One plant? You arn't going to get enough to dose off it anyway.

Why not leave it and see if anymore grow there next year.

Yeah, I know - it was much more wishful thinking than anything else. I'm on 60ml 'done a day anyway, it just seemed like it was too good to waste. Doesn't matter now anyway because the fucking little feral shitheads round here have broken all the flower heads off since my last post - c'est la vie!!