• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

WayneRooney

Bluelighter
bought some poppy pods. they're the dried PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM GIGANTEUM variety. I got .5kg.

How many 'hits' will I get out of this?

How can I store the pods? I'd rather not have the large pods lying around. So can I grind the lot down and store it in powder form? Or even just make tea and store in tea form? If so, for how long?

Can I function in a social/work setting of a poppy pod tea high? I have a relative opiate tolerance. I can get nicely high off 50mg oxy, but not be fit for work. Whilst I could quite easily be fit for work on 10-20mg of Oxy. They're the only comparisons I can give really as I haven't tried much else. Codeine has never done much for me. I could take 100-200mg codeine and enjoy work.

Thanks

bought some poppy pods. they're the dried PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM GIGANTEUM variety. I got .5kg.

How many 'hits' will I get out of this?

Depends on the strength of the pods, your tolerance and how high you want to get. For me 2 pods of my last and current batch have proved to be a decent starting dose, though I've clearly developed a bit of a tolerance as I'm leaning towards three now...

For increased safety regarding dosing you should homogenise them by pulverising all the pods into a powder, so that 1g is a (kind of) known strength. Pods vary, batches vary, but if you blend the batch then the blended batch should be fairly consistent in itself.

How can I store the pods? I'd rather not have the large pods lying around. So can I grind the lot down and store it in powder form? Or even just make tea and store in tea form? If so, for how long?
Tea becomes mouldy if it sits around, but I suppose you could freeze it. I just keep the pods in the box. Cool dry place, I reckon.

Can I function in a social/work setting of a poppy pod tea high? I have a relative opiate tolerance. I can get nicely high off 50mg oxy, but not be fit for work. Whilst I could quite easily be fit for work on 10-20mg of Oxy. They're the only comparisons I can give really as I haven't tried much else. Codeine has never done much for me. I could take 100-200mg codeine and enjoy work.

Thanks

As above, depends on the dose. Low dose leaves you functional, and in fact I haven't got into a non-functional state on them really, although I've got so high that you could tell cos I'm grinning and scratching and moaning and groaning ;)

EDIT: PS - treat pods like eggs, i.e. don't crush a pod into a pile of crushed pods without checking the pod first, as they can be mouldy, and you don't want to spoil a pile by crushing a mouldy pod into it!

PPS - For general reference, my personal routine is:

1. select pods (I pretend that I can tell the strength by the colour and size but I'm most likely fooling myself)
2. cut hard end off with serrated knife - the hard end is too hard to grind, I reckon, so I remove it
3. pour seeds through hole into an empty container (following the egg rule!)
4. open the pod by hand and check for mould
If mouldy
- 5a. discard pods and seeds
else
- 5b. put seeds in seed bag for "later" (I haven't worked out what later is)
6. tear pod to bits by hand
7. Fill french-style coffee grinder with pod bits and grind them
8. make "tea" in cafetiere (I remove the lid from the press bit of the cafetiere so I can really crush the wet grounds with the press)

But that's just one way to do it, I'm sure it could be improved. Notice I do not follow my own advice of homogenising the entire batch but that is because I am stupid and reckless.

Last edited:
Depends on the strength of the pods, your tolerance and how high you want to get. For me 2 pods of my last and current batch have proved to be a decent starting dose, though I've clearly developed a bit of a tolerance as I'm leaning towards three now...

For increased safety regarding dosing you should homogenise them by pulverising all the pods into a powder, so that 1g is a (kind of) known strength. Pods vary, batches vary, but if you blend the batch then the blended batch should be fairly consistent in itself.

Tea becomes mouldy if it sits around, but I suppose you could freeze it. I just keep the pods in the box. Cool dry place, I reckon.

As above, depends on the dose. Low dose leaves you functional, and in fact I haven't got into a non-functional state on them really, although I've got so high that you could tell cos I'm grinning and scratching and moaning and groaning ;)

EDIT: PS - treat pods like eggs, i.e. don't crush a pod into a pile of crushed pods without checking the pod first, as they can be mouldy, and you don't want to spoil a pile by crushing a mouldy pod into it!

PPS - For general reference, my personal routine is:

1. select pods (I pretend that I can tell the strength by the colour and size but I'm most likely fooling myself)
2. cut hard end off with serrated knife - the hard end is too hard to grind, I reckon, so I remove it
3. pour seeds through hole into an empty container (following the egg rule!)
4. open the pod by hand and check for mould
If mouldy
- 5a. discard pods and seeds
else
- 5b. put seeds in seed bag for "later" (I haven't worked out what later is)
6. tear pod to bits by hand
7. Fill french-style coffee grinder with pod bits and grind them
8. make "tea" in cafetiere (I remove the lid from the press bit of the cafetiere so I can really crush the wet grounds with the press)

But that's just one way to do it, I'm sure it could be improved. Notice I do not follow my own advice of homogenising the entire batch but that is because I am stupid and reckless.

With regards to first point: ok so tea goes mouldy..... but could I grind all the pods into a powder for ease of storage, without losing potency? (rather than having bulby pods clogging up draw space?)

If I am to grind all my .5kg of pods into an homogenised powder, what size dose do you think I should make first tea with?

With regards to first point: ok so tea goes mouldy..... but could I grind all the pods into a powder for ease of storage, without losing potency? (rather than having bulby pods clogging up draw space?)

If I am to grind all my .5kg of pods into an homogenised powder, what size dose do you think I should make first tea with?

Yes I'm sure you could grind the lot for ease of storage.

Here's what I would do. Count the pods. I'm guessing around 40 but do count them! So on average 1 pod = 500/40 = 12.5g

So start off with 1 pod's worth = 12.5g of powder. Then adjust dosage accordingly.

I'm expecting a "thank you" at some point, Mr Rooney!

What happened to manners? Kids these days! :|

Actually, maybe he's still counting the pods. Run out of fingers?

Last edited:
I'm expecting a "thank you" at some point, Mr Rooney!

What happened to manners? Kids these days! :|

Actually, maybe he's still counting the pods. Run out of fingers?

woah, woah, woah sir. We are in the Euro discussion boards aren't we? My pods should be arriving in the post tomorrow! So you're gonna have to wait for your thank-you! I start work at 12, so I'm hoping they come in time for me to brew some sort of concoction to try out beforehand/ tale with me!

Anyway, THANKYOU good-sir!

(ps, is the PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM GIGANTEUM variety considered decent?) And I'm planning on using a coffee frinder followed by french-press preparation? Brew in sub-100 degree water for 20-30 mins?

=D

Not sure if giganteum is good, bad or average to be honest, it's all I've ever laid my hands on. From what I've read, hens and chickens has a good rep, but loads of people seem to use gigs too.

There seem to be as many ways of brewing as there are tea drinkers. I found a post on another forum where someone had tried all the different methods out and decided they were all pretty much the same! So I go for convenience. I make it just like you would make coffee, I don't wait for as long 20 or 30 minutes either, maybe 10-15.

mydrugbuddy tells me he eats the wet grounds after making the tea! I bow to his dedication but I've not worked up the stomach for that yet...

Last edited:
Thanks (AGAIN!)

I'll probably grind the whole lot down in onem an store it in a tupperware box. I'll dose 10g as first dose (using the cafetiere method), and then take a half before work, then sip as an when I feel whilst at work. ( I should wait until after work, but the intrigue will get the better of me). I could (and probably will) dose a few hours before my lumch time start, so at least I'll have some sort of marker to go off. I won't be eating any grounds, as I hear they can imduce sickeness,

Not sure how well "topping up" works. You're taking morphine, codeine, thebaine (plus loads of other trace alkaloids but those are the main ones). Codeine inhibits it's own metabolism, so redosing will definitely be a game of diminishing returns.

Also I've found it takes half an hour to start feeling the effects on an empty stomach.

As the saying goes, start low and see how you go. Just to be safe.

My own experience however was that I "started low" - fearful of "overdose"(!!) with about 2 pods and didn't feel a thing..then went up to 10 and still felt nothing..I eventually tried 60 and felt about the same as you would from one paramol tablet. And that was with no opiate tolerance whatsoever. I got the impression I would've probably needed about 200 pods to get any high at all. These were allegedly "very high potency pods still featuring goat droppings from our Turkish goatfarmers sandals!!!"

As the saying goes, start low and see how you go. Just to be safe.

My own experience however was that I "started low" - fearful of "overdose"(!!) with about 2 pods and didn't feel a thing..then went up to 10 and still felt nothing..I eventually tried 60 and felt about the same as you would from one paramol tablet. And that was with no opiate tolerance whatsoever. I got the impression I would've probably needed about 200 pods to get any high at all. These were allegedly "very high potency pods still featuring goat droppings from our Turkish goatfarmers sandals!!!"

sounds like you had really shit pods there Ismene!

were they giganteum? At least with the massive pod you know they're somniferum.

I tried both - giganteum and the "really, really high-potency, fresh in from Turkey this morning!!!" hens and chicks. Both were utterly useless. And the taste of the tea, gadzooks!! it's not quite cactus snot but it certainly starts to grate after a couple of mouthfuls.

I did experience a poppy high a few years ago - it is quite nice but the thebaine adds a lot more stimulation than you get from oral codeine/morphine. Creates a nice waking/sleeping dream state.

If they are big ones start off with two. the high lasts a long time, if you dose in the evening you will be high the next day. I got caught out by the duration one of the first times I did them and had pinned eyes and was struggling to stay awake at work the next day. I have no opiate tolerance as I only do them once every month or so.

5b. put seeds in seed bag for "later" (I haven't worked out what later is)

Aye although it is legal to grow them for ornamental purposes many people who live in cities may not want to risk trying to grow them within their own property boundaries. People who live in quiet & remote places would be able to scatter them in the 'wilds' somewhere away from their own property. Its a lot more tricky for people who live in cities to find some wild places to scatter them at the appropriate times of the year.

If you have green wooded semi-wild cycle paths etc near where you live you could just scatter a bunch along the verges, or some hidden but sunny spots. You havent got anything to loose.

Last edited:
i am fairly interested in this whole poppy pod revolution as i have never used them...i have been a heroin addict for year though off and on using. i havent actually used in over a month and am really killing myself to keep from doing so again. i have a hard time not catching any sort of buzz though so i've been looking into other things to keep my mind off of heroin and syringes in general. but my question is this...i have a decent tolerance to opiates...best way i can say it is in terms of oxy as all heroin is of different purity so it generally would take me around 40mg of oxy iv'd to have fun. is my tolerance too high to have any fun off of pods or do i just need to take more? i'd hate to have to take soo much that the histamine effects really sucked. anywho...thanks in advance for any help

i am fairly interested in this whole poppy pod revolution as i have never used them...i have been a heroin addict for year though off and on using. i havent actually used in over a month and am really killing myself to keep from doing so again. i have a hard time not catching any sort of buzz though so i've been looking into other things to keep my mind off of heroin and syringes in general. but my question is this...i have a decent tolerance to opiates...best way i can say it is in terms of oxy as all heroin is of different purity so it generally would take me around 40mg of oxy iv'd to have fun. is my tolerance too high to have any fun off of pods or do i just need to take more? i'd hate to have to take soo much that the histamine effects really sucked. anywho...thanks in advance for any help

I would say if you are or have been injecting opiates then it's unlikely you will get much from Poppy Tea.
Maybe you could Buy some weed or something that might take your mind off Syringes and Heroin ?
It works for me sometimes .

taking pod tea at work is a bad idea unless you want to resign yourself to habituation.
think about it - if you can handle it at work, it will make work more fun and enjoyable. thus, it will make working straight less fun, and less rewarding. once i started dosing at work, it was the end of my self-regulation.
keep it for your days off unless you want to be doing it all the time. once you start doing it all the time, you'll need to start doing it all the time, and you'll need pods to even go to work.
just a word of caution...
it's your life.

I would say if you are or have been injecting opiates then it's unlikely you will get much from Poppy Tea.
Maybe you could Buy some weed or something that might take your mind off Syringes and Heroin ?
It works for me sometimes .

thats sort of what i thought too...i havent iv'd heroin in around a month but i have been on suboxone...i dont know if i will ever be able to truly be off all opiates however i dont want continued iv usage either...its seems an almost impossible task to actually limit your intake when your an addict however i seem to do ok with the suboxone considering it has the ceiling affect...i have just become interested in poppy pods and also some of the research chems lately...hopefully i will find myself a good happy medium somewhere.

as for the weed...i really just dont care for it...i havent really cared for it in around 12 or 13 years but who knows...i quit the weed when i graduated to harder substances and maybe i can slip back to it like i was before my discovery of IV opiates and such

Moving around on poppy tea isn't a good idea - it can bring on nausea. You need a place to lay down if you feel sick.