• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

Also been eyeing up the *ahem* ornamental poppies in a few folks' gardens near me this year. Not quite time to harvest 'em yet here, I don't think. Still in flower. Is there a particular time when it's best to nick 'em help out a few neighbours with a bit of guerrilla gardening?

Only had pod tea a coupla times after a lil drug fairy left a few for me. Think I went with four of the bloody massive giant poppy heads and was pleasant enough but could've done with more. My tolerance is weird though so no idea if that's a "standard" dose or what.

Shambles, yes there is a best time, after the flowers have dropped off keep an eye on the tiny crown on top of the pods, you will notice at first they are turned down like a toupe, but when the tiny little crown on top of the pod turns upwards that means they are ready for harvesting. Ideally there will be wall to wall sunshine during this period. They like that.

4 massive heads isnt too much for someone with a large opi tolerance, but would be far too much for someone with no tolerance. I made that schoolboy error myself a few months ago, forgetting that my tolerance had come down due to my tapering, i took the usual 4 large pods that i used to but was completely fucked in not a nice way for several hours.

Marmalade, are they gigantium poppies ? The fresh green poppies are a lot stronger than the stored dried ones. The amount you need depends on your tolerance and the size of the pods. If you have no tolerance then 1 or 2 tennis ball sized pods, ground down and soaked in hot water would probably be enough. If the pods are smaller you will of course need more (unless they are hens and chicks) so that the overall volume is about the same.

Fuckin snails and slugs have decimated several patches of poppies a friend has growing in a secret location. On the positive side it has saved her having to manually 'thin them out'. She doesnt like using the snail/slug killer pellets incase a creature higher up the food chain eats the poisoned snail, and then gets poisoned itself. Bah, sometimes the poppies have to take priority.

Last edited:
Cheers for that MDB.

I've had a bit of a shit week since wednesday (when I took the heads off) and theyve been downstairs uninspected and left to half dry. I shouldve put them in the fridge. I've got about 10 of the big ones, but they're only about plum sized, although they are from the large gigantium poppies. Orange and white/pink ones. The petals had all completely dropped. I should get the same amount again in the next few days from my aunt, and I've got about 6 of my own to pick when they've finished flowering. I also planted some at my mums this year but they haven't flowered yet (almost there).

Will check out the state of these withering ones first and see if they still look edible and not mouldy or something

This has just reminded me of something that i must do when it get's dark .

I take it, these might have been cut a little early, based on what you wrote about the tops pointing upward, MDB?

Whatchoo gotta do in the dark, Brimz?
PAIPLPD.jpg

Yeah all those purple crowns are pointing downwards Marmalade. As they've already been picked, the crowns may not turn upwards now, as they have been picked slightly prematurely.

Not sure how much difference that will make as the weather is shit now anyway. Had it been sunny or at least dry weather, they might have grown a bit more, and also increased the alkaloid content. Rain at that stage of their development is not a good thing at all.

Last edited:
Many thanks for all the tips, MDB. Poppies are one of those drugs I really don't have much ovva clue about. Think I'm gonna toss many, many seeds about with wild abandon in fields and verges this year. Hopefully enough will grow to make next year more interesting. And to ensure neighbours don't get so pissed off wiv peeps pinching their prize blooms that they feel the need to stop growing 'em cos they are actually rather purdy flowers as well as being freebie opioid-laden Goodies

Marmalade, I'm afraid those look like oriental poppies (papaver orientale) rather than opium poppies (papaver somniferum). They contain thebaine amongst other alkaloids but very little morphine/codeine.

To make the most of your poppies, eating them results in the strongest effect with a long duration. Dried pods can be ground to a powder and mixed with yogurt amongst other things, keep in mind that they will absorb a lot of the yogurt or choice of mixer. Fresh pods can be eaten whole or blended into a smoothie/milkshake. A chaser is recommended for either method.

Keep in mind that eating the pods has a slower onset and the peak effects are reached after few hours. Don't be tempted to re-dose too soon. You will need about half to two thirds of the quantity of pods in comparison to quantity required for the same effect from the tea.

Tea does have its advantages though: it's a lot more rushy in onset, especially on a empty stomach. Tea is also better for titrating a suitable dose as the peak is usually reached in an hour though effects do last for a long time, 12 hours plus.

Many thanks for all the tips, MDB. Poppies are one of those drugs I really don't have much ovva clue about. Think I'm gonna toss many, many seeds about with wild abandon in fields and verges this year. Hopefully enough will grow to make next year more interesting. And to ensure neighbours don't get so pissed off wiv peeps pinching their prize blooms that they feel the need to stop growing 'em cos they are actually rather purdy flowers as well as being freebie opioid-laden Goodies

Did i actually see that , can this be confirmed:)

Think I'm gonna toss many, many seeds about with wild abandon in fields and verges this year. Hopefully enough will grow to make next year more interesting.

A few of my friends have been sharing a link on Facebook that says we should all be doing this wherever possible as a commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of WWI next year. It's a nice idea and it also made me think of the potential positive knock on effect this might have for my fellow drug user :D

Marmalade, I'm afraid those look like oriental poppies (papaver orientale) rather than opium poppies (papaver somniferum).

Yeah, i thought there was something not quite right about those poppies. I think the flowers can be different colours so I put it down to that. Ascii is more likely to be right.

This is what dried papaver somniferum giganteum look like (with all the crowns pointing up)

pp_zpsf3854289.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They are pucker mate . Nice touch with the Golf Ball , shows how fukin huge they are .

I also concur that yours look like Orientale Marmz . Somniferum have smooth leaves where the others have kinda furry ones .

They gigs look turkish - harvested by your friendly neighbourhood turkish goatherder.

The very same! :D

He's always worth a mention when discussing possible "bacteria" on your pods.

Marmalade, I'm afraid those look like oriental poppies (papaver orientale) rather than opium poppies (papaver somniferum). They contain thebaine amongst other alkaloids but very little morphine/codeine.

Yep, without a doubt. I don't really think they are worth bothering with at all unfortunately.

Step outside, summertime's in bloom

*does a jig around a poppy patch*

Now we just need one more months dry weather . i think the weather may have peaked too early. We'll see. It'll probably start pissing down now at the stage where its criticial for them to be dry.

Im just asking for too much arent i. Unless we get another 1976 ! (I think that Bupe has gone to my head)

DUH - WHY NOT MAKE A MAKE SHIFT GREENHOUSE 0=- IE LEAN IN A FEW PIECES OF GLASS TO PROTECT THEM. 8o How long does it take me to think of solutuions - about 2 years usually.

Weather at your fingertips

12:00 Sunny 22°C 2mph West South Westerly

Wednesday
Sunny 27°C 16°C
Thursday
Sunny 27°C 16°C
Friday
Sunny 28°C 15°C
Saturday
Sunny 25°C 14°C
Sunday
Sunny 24°C

dont need no makeshift greenhoiuse yet !! =D

Last edited:
yeah, sadly the big field i found last year hasn't come up again this year. there was so much rain last year the pods would have rotted. i have a few in my garden. poppy tea is better than methadone in my opinion.

I dont think that poppies (the papver somnniferum gigaanteum variety in particular) are perrenial. Unless i just picked every last one last year (highly unliely)

still considering that each decorative pod contains about 1,000 seeds thats not really any issue at all.

"Strike another match girl, start a new, It's all over now, Baby Blue" (For this season at least)