• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy RH-34 Thread

I really think it sounds fascinating guys. I want to hear a real trip report, and to The Lone Deranger... I couldn't find anyone who has actually tried it aside from the post near the top of this page, but it doesn't sound real for whatever reason.
Not sure if you are referring to my trials or the accidental ingestion by that other guy... I should've made it sufficiently clear that I experienced nothing but threshold effects at astronomical dosages. I'm a pretty long-standing member here and can't remember anyone ever doubting my credibility on this site either. The accidental ingestion does sound a bit sketchy indeed if that is what you are referring to.

I still don't feel your fascination after all the reports about it's inactivity. It actually sounded pretty hot to me as well before info about all those failed trials was beginning to be posted.

Edit: If you are actually doubting the realness of my trip reports, I'd like to point out that you are walking on thin ice, having joined in early 2012 and sort of promoting a substance that a few vendors have available in large excess after it has been assumed to be without psychedelic effects... I'm not suggesting anything really, just saying that most anecdotes about this substance are in congruence with my own poor results and your "fascination" for this substance is puzzling a few members here. What exactly do you find "fascinating" about it? Are you a biochemist or something?

Last edited:
Not sure if you are referring to my trials or the accidental ingestion by that other guy... I should've made it sufficiently clear that I experienced nothing but threshold effects at astronomical dosages. I'm a pretty long-standing member here and can't remember anyone ever doubting my credibility on this site either. The accidental ingestion does sound a bit sketchy indeed if that is what you are referring to.

I still don't feel your fascination after all the reports about it's inactivity. It actually sounded pretty hot to me as well before info about all those failed trials was beginning to be posted.

Edit: If you are actually doubting the realness of my trip reports, I'd like to point out that you are walking on thin ice, having joined in early 2012 and sort of promoting a substance that a few vendors have available in large excess after it has been assumed to be without psychedelic effects... I'm not suggesting anything really, just saying that most anecdotes about this substance are in congruence with my own poor results and your "fascination" for this substance is puzzling a few members here. What exactly do you find "fascinating" about it? Are you a biochemist or something?

It's a strange concept, ketanserin-nbome. I didn't see your results however, I'll look again.

Also, the last part of your post sounds pretty sketchy, are you on stimulants? Hahaha.

Last edited:
i am of the mind this is one to LEAVE ALONE. the danger with this one, so it seems, may be people ingesting massive doses attempting to achieve psychedelic effects when it is very possible RH-34 may not be effective in this manner, if not with extremely limited efficacy. even following a future trusted sources' bioassay, the recent influx of various 5-HT 2A agonists, namely the NBOMe series have already incited enough frenzy, falling into the wrong hands & culminating in several deaths. as the reports of fatalities & hospitalizations keep pouring in, you have to wonder how many we DON'T hear about. the omnipotent nature of (most of) these compounds, difficulty, even impossibility calculating desired and/or "safe" dosage, common moderate to severe vasoconstriction, etc. are far too precarious for even expert-level individuals to experiment with. until more comprehensive research is exacted & more becomes known than just the bare bones, minimal amount of information currently available, this material (trusted vendor or not) need be approached with extreme caution, if not avoided altogether.

personally, i wouldn't touch RH-34 with a thirty-four foot pole, though inevitably, someone will take irresponsibility to its' pinnacle and dive head-first into this stuff. please be careful out there, folks.

Last edited:
It's a strange concept, ketanserin-nbome. I didn't see your results however, I'll look again.

Also, the last part of your post sounds pretty sketchy, are you on stimulants? Hahaha.
No I'm not on stimulants at all, I'm bipolar 1 though which can affect my speech to a degree that leaves me entirely unable to form comprehensible sentences. Thanks for pointing that out though! English also isn't my mother tongue.

It is a strange concept and it seemed interesting before all the reports about it's apparent lack of psychedelic activity surfaced.

Lone Deranger said:
But seriously why do you think it sounds fascinating ?

A psychedelic based on an entirely novel backbone (structurally distinct from ergolids, phenethylamines, and tryptamines)? That is fucking intrinsically fascinating (too bad it's not seeming to pan out)! :)

cr00k said:
I wish there was a general tendency on bluelight to get back to things like DMT Mushrooms and Mescaline. All these crazy-ass rc's don't really seem to offer any advantages over the naturally occuring psychedelics at all, besides being cheap and available.

I personally respond way better to compounds that are selective for 5ht2 over 5ht1 (as broader spectrum serotonin agonists can be nightmarishly anxiogenic and confusing for me), and it's nice to have compounds that last 4-8 hours rather than 12-16. Nothing found in nature, nor LSD, offers this.

ebola

Last edited by a moderator:
A psychedelic based on an entirely novel backbone (structurally distinct from ergolids, phenethylamines, and tryptamines)? That is fucking intrinsically fascinating (too bad it's not seeming to pan out)! :)
Yeah of course, if only it was a psychedelic. ;)

I wish there was a general tendency on bluelight to get back to things like DMT Mushrooms and Mescaline. All these crazy-ass rc's don't really seem to offer any advantages over the naturally occuring psychedelics at all, besides being cheap and available. I myself have abused the shit out of psychedelics, but in all honesty I do not think it's anything anyone should do who wants to live a functional life in westerm society. So why the need for cheap psychedelics that carry unknown risks that can be ruled out for classical psychedelics?

Uhh, because all of the ones that are known to be safe have been made illegal throughout the world?

The whole issue is a bit puzzling to me. I'm curious as well when it comes to "new stuff" as I have demonstrated with my own trials, but I just don't see why anyone would go back to these substances over and over, especially the NBOME series which seemed pretty shitty to me personally. I would strongly urge anyone who is into rc psychedelics and has never experienced mescaline or dmt to schedule an appointment with these 2 substances. :D

I have tried both mescaline and DMT a handful of times each, and I still prefer 25I-NBOMe to both of them. It's a highly personal thing which psychs each of us happen to like or dislike. That being said, this RH-34 isn't sounding like it's working well for anyone. But still, it's a good thing that we have a forum for discussing new substances and sharing information about them, isn't it? And as long as governments keep banning old substances that are tried and proven, there will always be new ones cropping up.

I have tried both mescaline and DMT a handful of times each, and I still prefer 25I-NBOMe to both of them. It's a highly personal thing which psychs each of us happen to like or dislike. That being said, this RH-34 isn't sounding like it's working well for anyone. But still, it's a good thing that we have a forum for discussing new substances and sharing information about them, isn't it? And as long as governments keep banning old substances that are tried and proven, there will always be new ones cropping up.
You have, but how people on here who are into those novel psychedelics have? I also strongly doubt that the legal issues are a major issue for most people. E.g. most people who do psychedelics also smoke pot which is illegal just about anywhere. I don't see many people falling back to synthetic cannabinoids because they aren't allowed to smoke pot.
You do have a few valid points there, but I didn't really mean to say these that novel psychedelics pose no advantages at all over classical psychedelics (which I did though lol). It's just a shame that a drug like mescaline (which to me is by far the most rewarding of all psychedelics) is almost forgotten about, while people are dying after consumption of amateurishly laid NBOME blotters.

But clearly the illegality of marijuana has created a growing market for synthetic cannabinoids. Likewise with MDMA and 6-APB (and mephedrone before it). And many of the websites which sell these sorts of "legal highs" also were (and still are?) selling NBOMes. Which turned out to be a terrible idea, since those kinds of customers typically don't have a lot of experience with highly potent chemicals, and can't be bothered to research how to handle them safely. Also they seem to be more interested in using these substances for recreation instead of personal and spiritual growth, so I doubt mescaline or DMT would appeal to very many of them anyway. That's the impression I've been getting from watching the NBOMe B&D threads over the past year and a half. It's not experienced psych users who are having problems with NBOMes, as far as I can tell.

I do agree with you that we should all be careful about how we're discussing novel psychs here, making very sure we're not excessively hyping them or contributing to unwarranted speculation about their potential effects.

Yeah, you really spoke my mind there. I always end up sounding way too extreme when I try to throw my opinion out there. The fact that hedonistic/masturbatory qualities seem to be a primary motive for ingestion of psychedelics in many people is what really gets me so worked up over all this. The popularity of NBOME's seems to be a symptom of this circumstance, resulting from their availability. I hear so very little talk about those extremely safe psychedelics that have always been available, it's a bit disheartening, knowing how amazing they are. With all these new rc's came thousands of new bluelighters and the formerly dominating spirit of internet drug users seems a bit overshadowed by all this.

Actually google indicates the opposite trend crOOk.

I don't think we could assign a lot of significance to this, but I think if it was attracting us more registrations then more people would be searching for us by name.

Last edited:
With each new chemical that crops up there is a whole realm of new discussion that needs to be had. A lot of questions that haven't been answered, or even asked yet. This isn't an influx of new users, just fresh discussion.

I hear so very little talk about those extremely safe psychedelics that have always been available, it's a bit disheartening, knowing how amazing they are. With all these new rc's came thousands of new bluelighters and the formerly dominating spirit of internet drug users seems a bit overshadowed by all this.

The info is already out there for the most part, and we do get tons of shrooms/LSD/DMT discussion.

crOOK said:
All these crazy-ass rc's don't really seem to offer any advantages over the naturally occuring psychedelics at all, besides being cheap and available

That's a big part of it too, availability. Plus a smaller percentage of persons in illegal drug scenes are gonna be on a board such as BL than persons in the RC scene.

I dunno cr00k, what is there to be said about LSD, Mescaline and DMT that hasn't already been said? These novel RCs are so heavily discussed because they are, in fact, novel.

So is RH-34 worth a shit?

Anybody had their amount third party tested for identity?

Ive got a feelin this one sucks big time

Noone I know of has had his third party tested. If the substance being sold (with 90% creatine as cutting agent) is in fact RH-34 it does not seem worth a shit at all. ;)

Buying something with a cut is silly shit brother. And makes the source super not trust worthy. Sell the pure people, let Darwinism take its course.

I still bet this shit sucks.

Hasn't anyone bothered to look at Ralf Heim's dissertation? (Ralf Heim = RH!) OK, it is in German, but the tables are easy to read. RH-34 is a low affinity agonist at 5HT-2a receptors, about 20% that of 2C-B, so based on that it shouldn't be active until about 80-100 mg. (Mod edit: do not try such a high dose!! Read further why...) Nevertheless, a proper titration is in order. What was interesting about RH-34, of course, is that the 2-methoxybenzyl group made an antagonist (Ketanserin) into an agonist. This led to the preparation of the N-BOMe derivatives of the 2C-Xs, and the rest is history.

Last edited by a moderator: