Bluelight

Thread: The Big & Dandy RH-34 Thread

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Big & Dandy RH-34 Thread 
    Bluelight
    i had a bit of a look around and found next to nothing on it
    its supposed to be a selective partial 5-HT2A receptor agonist
    does anyone have any experience with this compound?
    if not would we see notable activity or would it be an anti-depressant?
    it looks quite interesting, especially as we'll get to see the quinoline side of psychedelics

Last edited by Transform; 31-03-2013 at 23:24. Reason: Added structure etc

2. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Drug Studies
    Wiki article for those who're too lazy to look it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RH-34

Sounds interesting. So does anyone have any information or experience regarding this?

(Psychedelic Drugs: Rules - Index) (Drug Studies: Rules - Guide for Researchers)
    Use the Search function. Report rule breaches with the button to the top right of a post.

3. Collapse Details

I noticed the name Ralf Heim at the Wikipedia article who's work the 25x-NBOMe compounds are based on. So, this may be something to keep an eye on. I also noticed this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-NBpBrT

Can someone here with the knowledge take a look at this molecule? Does this suggest something like an NBOMe version of a tryptamine?

4. Collapse Details

This substance is covered in the same german dissertation as the 25X-NBOMe-compounds are. According to this publication it is a relatively selective partial agonist at 5-HT2A but is an antagonist (no intrinsic activity) at several other targets, e.g. 5-HT1B, 5-HT3, alpha1D, beta1, H1,2 and muscarinic receptors.
    Take into consideration that several compounds exhibit 5-HT2A partial agonism but no psychedelic effect in humans.

It may be interesting as a novelty but I wouldn't really want to toy around with that one, I think.

5. Collapse Details

This is pretty insane, new chemicals of every kind are just going to keep appearing on the market. Also, it does look like an NBOMe version of a tryptamine except instead of the methoxy ground present in the NBOMe it is instead a bromine (though I am no professional source) which is pretty radical that this many variations of psychedelics have been made.

6. Collapse Details

5-MeO-NBpBrT is a 5HT2a ANTAGONIST. Do antipsychotics sound fun?
    Last edited by cannibalsnail; 29-05-2012 at 21:29.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cannibalsnail View Post
    5-MeO-NBpBrT is a 5HT2a ANTAGONIST. Do antipsychotics sound fun?
    I don't understand the point your trying to make here. RH-34 is suppose to be a partial Agonist at the 5-HT2a receptor site

8. Collapse Details

People were discussing 5-MeO-NBpBrT. If you can't understand the properties of a 5HT2a antagonist you shouldn't be trying superpotent psychedelics.

RH-34 won't be psychedelic. I may have read this, but I can't remember. Call it a hunch but its simply too different from conventional agonists. There are plenty of non-psychedelic 2A agonists. Its all about phospholipase ratios.

9. Collapse Details

It should act as a psychedelic - but whether it's a good one or not will require a bioassay.

10. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    MAPS Forums
    RH-34 Could be psychedelic, its hard to say for sure. I seem to recall hearing some second or third hand info saying the tryptamines using the nbome pharmacore either weren't effective or as effective. Can't really recall. May have to brush up on my German & look through the Heim thesis again.

My question would be as to whether its oral bioavailability would be high enough for that to be an effective ROA

11. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    Yeah it sounds familiar to me as well, especially the structural formula.

Just like the more bulky NBOMe's e.g. 25iP-NBOMe there is a possibility that it could act in paradoxical ways, antagonizing 5-HT2A like ketanserin or as an inverse agonist or fuck if I know. I'm not sure if it would be similar to an antipsychotic, it could be even more messy. The activity sounds controversial, this warning was already given in a previous post. Better stay away. What is mentioned in the wiki page is theory and speculation, the compound is based on ketanserin which apparently has some affinity for adrenergic receptors and histaminergic receptors, if that action is docking and blocking / antagonizing - and the NBOMe moiety reverses this... you could expect adrenergic and histaminergic agonism.
    Remember the vasoconstriction potential of something like 25D-NBOMe? Imagine that but even much worse. Potential killer.

No fucking way I would take this no matter what money you would offer.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

12. Collapse Details

I found this in the 25D thread thought it was interesting

Psoodonym
    "I thought 25C and 25D were both highly selective for 5HT2a, so I don't understand why there should be more adrenergic effects with them than other psychedelics. I thought 25C and 25D were both highly selective for 5HT2a, so I don't understand why there should be more adrenergic effects with them than other psychedelics. 5HT2a 5HT2a agonism causes vasoconstriction on its own, meaning all 5HT psychs cause it, at least in certain areas - they actually vasodilate in others). So for a selective 5HT2a agonist agonism causes vasoconstriction on its own, meaning all 5HT psychs cause it, at least in certain areas - they actually vasodilate in others). So for a selective 5HT2a agonist shouldn't the degree of vasoconstriction theoretically rise in constant proportion with the degree of psychedelic effects? If so, a selective agonist's vasoconstrictive effects shouldn't the degree of vasoconstriction theoretically rise in constant proportion with the degree of psychedelic effects? If so, a selective agonist's vasoconstrictive effects should be less than say, a 2C-Xs, because there is evidence many 2C-Xs do have andrenergic effects IN ADDITION TO their 5HT2a agonism (in the form of reuptake inhibition should be less than say, a 2C-Xs, because there is evidence many 2C-Xs do have andrenergic effects IN ADDITION TO their 5HT2a agonism (in the form of reuptake inhibition and mild release). So, given some quantitative subjective intensity level of psychedelia for both a selective NBOMe and a non-selective 2C-X, say a plus 2.5 on Shulgin's scale, and mild release). So, given some quantitative subjective intensity level of psychedelia for both a selective NBOMe and a non-selective 2C-X, say a plus 2.5 on Shulgin's scale, the vasoconstrictive effects of the NBOMe should theoretically be less, correct?
    So assuming 25D is similarly selective as 25C, it seems like the worry about the vasoconstriction is justified in so far as the doses are so small it's easy to overdose overdose, but Assuming 25D is similarly selective as 25C, it seems like the worry about the vasoconstriction is justified in so far as the doses are so small it's easy to overdose overdose, but seemingly not for any theoretical implications of the properties of the chemical itself. Of course, many more reports of blood pressure readings during use would be much more seemingly not for any theoretical implications of the properties of the chemical itself. Of course, many more reports of blood pressure readings during use would be much more helpful. helpful.

For what it's worth, I've used 25C up to 3.5 mg intramuscularly in one day (just to test the ridiculous strength of the rapid tolerance development with 25C), and never For what it's worth, I've used 25C up to 3.5 mg intramuscularly in one day (just to test the ridiculous strength of the rapid tolerance development with 25C), and never experienced any worrying symptoms of vasoconstrition or high blood pressure (granted I did not take my blood pressure). If it had vasoconstricting effects not mediated by experienced any worrying symptoms of vasoconstrition or high blood pressure (granted I did not take my blood pressure). If it had vasoconstricting effects not mediated by 5HT2a, and those other mediating channels (like adrenergic ones) are in fact what the spikes in blood pressure reported above are owed to, I imagine I would have definitely had 5HT2a, and those other mediating channels (like adrenergic ones) are in fact what the spikes in blood pressure reported above are owed to, I imagine I would have definitely had overt symptoms at such a high level (I know what to look for from mephedrone use and a few experiments with selegiline and PEA). LSD is the most vasoconstricting psych for overt symptoms at such a high level (I know what to look for from mephedrone use and a few experiments with selegiline and PEA). LSD is the most vasoconstricting psych for me, and I've never gotten any of the sore-back type symptoms I get from it sometimes with 25C."

So it seems like the vasoconstrictive properties are not as much an issue with selective 5-HT2A agonism as the 2C's are, also bearing in mind its only a partial agonist, it shouldnt be much of a problem as say 25D which is a full agonist
    I think the potential killer brand is a little harsh on this potential gateway, however I do think an OH or MeO bond would be more effective in both places, maybe add an MeO on the 7 position?

13. Collapse Details

That compound may not be as selective for 5-HT receptors as 25x-NBOMes. That publication says it binds about 10 times stronger to 5-HT than to H1/2, M3 and alpha 1D/ beta 1, thats not so much difference (25x-NBOMes show a ratio of ca. 1000-10000) and psychedelic effects are certainly not guaranteed. To me it sounds like a potentially dangerous gamble. Keep that possibility in mind and be very careful, if you really must try it.

14. Collapse Details

Yeh. I'm all for taking drugs but this shit is stupid. The same people who bitch about SSRIs are willing to take any potential 2A agonist that comes along.

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Makes me wonder about SAR ...
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

16. Collapse Details

This compound is even less potent than serotonin itself and selectivity is mediocre at best and the counterscreening is not exactly comprehensive. Bulk sellers will sell everything labelled as a 5-HT2A agonists on Wikipedia. Compounds show up there before they are even known in the literature. Somebody make a fake entry with a fake molecule and two weeks later we will have chinese bulk sellers offering it for sale.

17. Collapse Details

Seen retailers offer this at a very high price cut down to 10%. Worthless crap usually has prices that are suggestive of the substance being worthless crap. Such fine deductive skills I have, eh? I'm imagining some sort of stoning psychedelic, but only time will tell. I sure the hell ain't gonna try it. Same vendor is also NOT offering this in bulk, which they usually do whenever they want to get rid of a shitty product.

18. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    Watch it with the source & price discussion tendencies, people.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

19. Collapse Details

i acctualy have like 150mg sample of this stuff, and i want to find out more before im trying it.
    http://boards.420chan.org/psy/res/686060.php ive ben following this thread, it seems like most of people who is talking about it dosent come back to the thread, maybe they are dying
    scary shit

20. Collapse Details

Wow there's a shit storm over there at 420chan. Better shy away from this one folks.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
    This compound is even less potent than serotonin itself and selectivity is mediocre at best and the counterscreening is not exactly comprehensive. Bulk sellers will sell everything labelled as a 5-HT2A agonists on Wikipedia. Compounds show up there before they are even known in the literature. Somebody make a fake entry with a fake molecule and two weeks later we will have chinese bulk sellers offering it for sale.
    Sorry, but that's just ignorant. Yes, it's less potent than serotonin technically, but so is LSD, DOI, DOC, 4-HO-DMT, DMT, etc... As far as I can tell, the only 5HT-2a full agonists (100% as strong as serotonin) are 25D-NBOMe, Bromo-DragonFLY (which are both selective as well), and the nonselective mexamine (5-MeO-Tryptamine, methoxy serotonin). From the articles, I would gather that it is a potent partial agonist, which means that along with the serotonergic selectivity for 5HT-2a, it should produce at least some psychedelic effects.

However, I would pay good attention to the warnings others have posted. Though RH-32 has no significant affinity for the other 5HT receptors, the histamine, muscarinic, and adrenergic agonist properties are very worrying and will probably contribute a bunch of nasty side effects. I wouldn't test it myself, but if you are going to, start VERY small (~50ugs maybe).

22. Collapse Details

People are such pussies, seriously. I can't understand why barely anyone has taken this stuff so far after it's been available for months. The dude who came up with this is obviously extremely knowledgable in both organic chemistry and pharmacology. It's his fucking life and he was obviously looking for a new kickass psychedelic. I know how reckless some rc vendors are, but this stuff is widely available and I consider it highly unlikely that all these vendors would sell some killer substance. I know, there are vendors who don't give a shit if people die, but we can all agree that's generally considered bad business practice lol.

If it wasn't completely against the rules I would've offered myself as a guinea pig, followed by an extensive trip report. I'm really not into psychedelics anymore (except dmt once in a while), but I'm really considering to buy this shit to shut all those sceptics up. Don't get me wrong, I myself am a very sceptical person, but this shit seems like a genuine psychedelic. Admittedly, possibly one that'll add side effects on another end of the spectrum. Besides, it's not like other psychedelics aren't deadly... Quite a few of those psychedelic phenethylamines have cost some lives in the past at relatively reasonable high end dosages.

So ffs, just start low and increment on a weekly basis. I don't understand why people who are enthusiastic abotu research chemicals are being so extremely careful with this stuff when on the other hand it's not considered a big deal on here to use cocaine cut with levamisole and bird crap or whatever else the farmers consider an option.

Now I know people are gonna jump on this and call it reckless and all and someone might point out that this is a harm reduction board. If we want to minimize risks, we should ofc steer clear of ALL the novel psychedelics and stick to Mescaline, Psilocin, DMT and maybe acid for those who get their kicks out of it. That's pretty much how I look at psychedelics btw, don't see much reason to try all these fancy chems, despite having given a few dozen of em a taste. Now, showing all this interest in novel psychedelics without anyone having the guts to just eat the shit is just ridiculous. You won't be the first human to try it and none of the lab rats have died either...

Peace
    Last edited by crOOk; 30-03-2013 at 15:53.

23. Collapse Details

I think it is responsible and expected to behave the way the community is behaving. Signs may indicate that this chemical shows promise, but literally no one has come back and said good, bad or in different about it. At this stage you'd be considered a trailblazer to use this and report on it. I can totally understand why people would be apprehensive to be that among those few people.

24. Collapse Details

I wish people would be as careful with combinations. We'd see a lot less dead people. Imho the dangerous combinations thread should be open for posting, so anyone who experiences adverse effects could add to it. I've actually suggested a dangerous combo to the mod in charge, but he hasn't ever added it...

You are absolutely right that some apprehension is appropriate with RH-34, I just wish such apprehension would be more adequately distributed among all dangerous patterns of drug use.

25. Collapse Details

The 420chan thread now has some actual information. The shame is that new chemicals are ALWAYS being cut when they appear on the market, so dosage reports don't relate at all. The lowest effective dose I've read seems to be around 1-4mg, but a vendor is telling people to take 50mg of this. Someone with, assumingly, that same vendor reported very weak activity at 25mg. Could be different chemicals. Could simply be cut to shit with impurities. Could just be a shit synth.
    I would advise to hold off on purchasing this until you find it coming from a REPUTABLE vendor. Which might not happen until the 25x's are illegal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast