• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phenylephrine , recreational use ?

PeacePipeChief

Bluelighter
i did some research and read around bluelight and have found some mixed answers , im interested in this because i saw it at the supermarket where i can literally get all of the stock for free ... if u kno what i mean .

some people say itll get u stimmed up , others say its just useless and really has no recreational value what so ever .

what if i did a CWE so i just had a phenylephrine in a water solution and drank it , is it worth it ? what dose i should try to see if it works for me ?

i kno your not here to help me get high , but im gonna give it a go reguardless , starting at like 100mg , so i would prefer to hear some better methods , or some reasuring experiences .

Phenylephrine sounds useless: although being credited as a sympathominetic stimulant, that "tweaks" the body (the PNS) but not the brain, it doesn't help with congestion through vasoconstriction of blood vessels in the nose, and supposedly causes less physical anxiety than ephedrine/pseudo.

PNS stimulants are supposed to cause vasoconstriction so they can relieve nasal congestion, they're supposed to raise HR and BP, they're supposed to cause more physical anxiety in an individual who's already anxious or one who has high BP. The fact that it doesn't do these things well means that it's a very weak PNS stimulant, and is useless in fulfilling its only purpose.

As far as PNS stimulants go, you're far better off using ephedrine for recreation, it crosses the BBB better than pseudo, releases a bit more dopamine, and is not as hard on the cardiovascular system as pseudo.

Phenylephrine hashn't even been shown to be any different than placebo as a decongestant, so I expect it's a really shitty stimulant.

It doesn't provide the "usual" monoamine release (dopamine/norepinephrine) & instead works through alpha adrenergic receptors (tweaky like yohimbe). The end result is it's a really crappy stimulant, even caffeine is much better.

haha thanks for the really quick responses and awsome information guys , gonna look into this ephedrine a little .

i read a report of the typical 'i took this am i gonna die' , he took like 300mg or some shit and some1 just said hed just be really stimmed .

is ephedrine OTC is NSW/QLD ? what brand names is best to get ?

Last edited:
Don't bother with this. It's just a hyped up version of caffeine that gets very uncomfortable with high doses.

Ephedrine is an effective stimulant, and safe relative to other PNS stimulants. Ephedrine is a substituted amphetamine and a structural methamphetamine analogue.

The presence of a hydroxyl group makes it not as efficient as crossing the BBB in to the CNS as amphetamine/meth is, so it gives you proper PNS stimulation without the intense euphoria, tolerance, addiction, and neurotoxicity that comes with abusing amphetamines. Too much will damage your heart, though.

I recommend a dose of 12.5mg of ephedrine every 4-6 hours, not exceeding 50-75mg in a session. It is very physically stimulating, which makes it great for physical labor, dancing, staying up late, having a shriveled up penis, etc. My brother gave 12.5mg to a couple of friends at a party who have used MPH/adderall a couple of times in the past, and within an hour they were nonstop dancing machines, roughhouse playing, etc.

I am very thankful for ephedrine; it has kept myself, my brother, and slowly many people of our community away from amphetamine abuse in situations where we want to get physically tweaked without the neurotoxicity and addiction of Adderall, Dexedrine, and Methamphetamine abuse.

i can imagine , im a speed freak so even if it slightly stimulates me ill quite enjoy it , ill remember not to redose too high tho / dose too high .