• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can I smoke weed with a concussion?

iSTONED

Bluelighter
Is it OK to smoke weed after getting a concussion? I got in a huge brawl last night with 20 kids, 5 of us 15 of them. I got suckered punched by a dude 3 times my size pushing 300lbs, but we won the fight haha but that's besides the point. Would smoking marijuana have any ill effects on me if I have a potential cunsussion?

Is it OK to smoke weed after getting a concussion? I got in a huge brawl last night with 20 kids, 5 of us 15 of them. I got suckered punched by a dude 3 times my size pushing 300lbs, but we won the fight haha but that's besides the point. Would smoking marijuana have any ill effects on me if I have a potential cunsussion?

i suggest you go get checked up. concussions are no joke. smoke up to relieve the pressure inside your skull. then go see a doctor. not joking.

yewwww nice nice , fucking [ SNIP: if you wanna talk like that go to the lounge - chainer] 1-3 , too many panses these days lol . cant imagine smoking being harmful . go to the doctor .

edit: just thought about it then , it could potentially make ur headache worse/induce a headache if u dont already have one .

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, this is a pretty good question... I would think it best to err on the side of caution and not smoke for the moment, though, but I'd really like someone to be able to shed some light on this.

i would have a few bongs to ease the pain and see how i feel if it goes away / you feel fine then it should be alright if not contact a doctor

Cannabis generally tends toward neuroprotective, so barring some other element of it's action that is troublesome for smokers with a concussion.

ive had 2 concussions from longboarding in the last year and immediatley after both i was smoking pot. i say yes, however, avoid alcohol and stimulants such as adderall and ecstacy for a couple of weeks/months.

I would think as long as you take small hits that don't make you cough and that you dont smoke so much that you pass out that you'll be fine. A doctor would give that best answer tho.