• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anesthesia Assisted Rapid Detox

WDs continuing after it wears off? Interesting. I'll definitely read into it more.

There is no magic "quick fix" for opiate addiction, as much as we all want it.

Lol fixed the typo from *not "quick fix" to *no "quick fix" but I pretty much said the exact thing right above your post. Weird. :p

WDs continuing after it wears off? Interesting. I'll definitely read into it more.

Yea it's like when a person that's overdosing gets hit with a shot with narcan they will go through precipitated withdrawals right away, but will still feel like shit for a few days after it.

sounds like i'd rather taper off the only other way i would want to stop would be in a hospital put under throughout the wds

sounds like i'd rather taper off the only other way i would want to stop would be in a hospital put under throughout the wds

That's what rapid detox is going for, but unfortunately you are only under for a few hours so then you're stuck dealing with a few more days of acute withdrawal (I would say the rapid detox cuts 2 days off of withdrawal) and then of course the PAWS.

Yea it's like when a person that's overdosing gets hit with a shot with narcan they will go through precipitated withdrawals right away, but will still feel like shit for a few days after it.
That's the first thing that came to mind actually, as I've been there a couple times. Ibogaine already seems too dangerous to try imo. I dunno... But if the actual "physical reset" is that hit and miss with it, no thank you.

My dad really wants to do Ibogaine if he can taper off his methadone so he's done a lot of research on it.
In some of the cases where Ibogaine did not remove all WD symptoms or the patient relapsed it was because they were on a long acting maintenance opioid like bupe or methadone. Because of the duration of these opioids one dose of Ibogaine is not enough to remove opioid dependence. Many patients have had luck tapering their doses then switching to a shorter acting opiate like morphine a few weeks before going through Ibogaine treatment. Which makes sense to me. But other Ibogaine treatment facilities don't taper the methadone or switch to the short acting opiate... they just keep redosing the Ibogaine over the course of several days (I think in one case it took 2 weeks). This doesn't seem safe to me at all and I'd imagine there would be a lot of discomfort. My dad spoke to many different doctors and facilities and there was a lot of differing opinions in regards to treating methadone patients. Some doctors won't treat patients on methadone at all. Others work with doctors in California to get patients prescribed the opiates they need so they can stop taking methadone without extreme WD in preparation for Ibogaine.

Also, in some incidences Ibogaine is presented as a magical cure-all... and while I know it isn't just used for opiate dependence, opiates are the only physical dependence that it works on and some people have been mislead to believe it will fix any problem. So patients physically dependent on benzos for example have been treated with Ibogaine by either unreputable or uneducated doctors... and suffer severe WD symptoms like seizures as a result. I think there was even some deaths... but don't quote me on that one, I'm not positive and I'm too sleep deficient to be bothered to back that up with sources right now.

I'd sign up for a detox that put you under for like a week.. an actual real amount of time to get your body back to normal. But a few hours? Pointless, even with the flush of antagonistic drugs into your system.

I accidentally took naltrexone too soon after my last dose of oxycodone once (they actually say to wait 10 days btw) and it put me in precipitated withdrawals. They weren't 'violent' since I really didn't have a bad habit and it had been 5 days since my last use, but I can say that I still felt withdrawals for 3-4 days after it, just as I would if I was in regular withdrawal. Once of the weird things about it was that I kept on having to fully stretch out my body, and that was the only time I could feel relief. It took me 3 days to be able to fall asleep, which I was pissed about since I was already through withdrawal when I took the naltrexone.

It just started at the peak of withdrawals a few hours after I took the pill, and since I still felt them for a few days after that all it did was cut off the 1-2 days in which it would take for my withdrawals to peak I guess, although I was already through withdrawal when I took the pill. I know that it wasn't the same as rapid detox since I wasn't on all those meds or put under, but it was the same premise.

^Well with narcan shots, they only last for an hour or so blocking the receptors, but the drug is still in your blood stream and as soon as it wears off the person will start feeling the heroin again if they used enough.

The rapid detox thing usually seems to be done by shady doctors looking to cash in. They usually cost 7-12k, you still feel like shit afterwards and it really doesn't do anything for your cravings. A lot of the time they require or strongly encourage you to have a naltrexone implant put in all at the same time. I've heard nothing but horror stories but I've never actually met anyone directly that's gone through it....

I did the Waismann method and was in pain for 2 1/2 weeks. I could barely eat n when I did I felt like the worst stomach pains ever n after the procedure for 3 days after I could barely move. Waste of 40 grand.