• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

S+G is looking for a new mod!! vers. fresh blood (May '12)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

axl blaze

Bluelighter
what's up, True Believers!!

Sports and Gaming is now officially looking for a new mod (or two, if applicants are good) to help me out around here!

it's not like S+G is the most trafficked forum, but I think this place could use some fresh blood to divert all of your vainglorious attentions away from just me. I'm not a jealous or vengeful God, but, I feel like this place could really benefit from a fresh coat of paint. it's obvious that S+G is my baby, I've been here since her days of pre-production (if you will ;)) and I truly believe that S+G is the best-kept secret of this entire Bluelight. if you share my passion for sports, games, and BL overall - I would love to hear from you!

applicants should PM myself, and either atri or ocean, if they share this aforementioned passion

I encourage all those that apply to also post in this thread, for at least the S+G peanut gallery to dismiss/admit at their own free will
devilsmiley.gif

good luck and Excelsior!!!

(thread will be closed and apps no longer accepted in one and a half weeks time aka June 3rd %))

^ too bad you're a steelers fan. we can't have two steelers moderating the same forum. 'the best wr corp in all of football' and all the hines ward dick-sucking are bad enough with one puffed up steeler on the staff...

:)

alasdair

Does this forum even need mods? This place, more than any other forum I can think of, functions quite well by consensus.

(oblique criticism of axl and atri's abilities ;) )

point well made, however there are a few instances when spammers do their thing here AND someone has to shut down the NCAA college football thread mid-season when it reaches it's capacity ;)

but in a perfect world, these above (janitorial) reasons are all one would need to moderate forums. in the real "internet" world, obviously not so much the case due to the many assholes and idiots out there. the fact that S+G can run itself is a testament to the wonderful BLers who populate this place, imo

^ Well what happens when a Red Sox fan and a Yankees fan get into it?

Or what happens when two drunk Phillys fans start going at it with each other?

Someones gotta be here to mop up the beer, teeth, blood, batteries and other various projectiles.

yah, good point

you should see Kenickie when she lets her claws go out, if some trashy Alabama fan gives her a what-for about her LSU Tigers or NOLA Saints ;)

and the whole North VS South got pretty heated here too, a year or so ago

yah, good point

you should see Kenickie when she lets her claws go out, if some trashy Alabama fan gives her a what-for about her LSU Tigers or NOLA Saints ;)

and the whole North VS South got pretty heated here too, a year or so ago

i also drink a lot of whiskey. i nearly got into a bar fight last year with some whole foods employee trash talking new orleans. i got a bit fucking crazy, saying things like 'high heels leave bullet holes!' and shit. someone's gotta do it, i'm the only tigers/saints fan here, besides hypnotik! and he's hardly ever around! and i'm the only girl.

the north vs. south thing got pretty heated because i think us southerners have little to brag about when talking to northerners (oh you still can't buy beer on sundays! so uncivilized! so backwards!) except for our sports prowess, especially at the college level. or just cuz the north sucks ;)

i'd support Wyld X as mod, despite being a Californian.

Where I come from in the north you could get alcohol on Sundays, but the stores closed a couple hours earlier. Gods day.

hey we have sunday sales now too here in Fulton county so there!

damn. that's nothing. we've always sold on Sundays in this state. unlike when I lived in Boston, a City still influenced from their Puritanical forefathers. or the South, where they are still mightily influenced from their Bible-Beating ways

damn. that's nothing. we've always sold on Sundays in this state. unlike when I lived in Boston, a City still influenced from their Puritanical forefathers. or the South, where they are still mightily influenced from their Bible-Beating ways

I remember driving to NH on Sundays but now we too sell on Sundays. Gotta say I miss the road trips though.

Status
Not open for further replies.