• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can benadryl in the right amount cause an opiate like high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

night roller94

Bluelighter
just out of curiosity, my freind told me he popped 175 mg of benadryl and he felt as though he had just taken like a pec 30, is he bull shitting me or is this a legit way of becoming high? btw i know you can hallucinate from too much but would just the right amount cause an oxycodone like high?

In larger doses they cause delusions (it's a deliriant) and in no way feels like an opioid.

I suppose in the sense that 100mg will make you tired. But just tired with no anxiolytic or euphoric properties. Anything over 125 isn't fun because of the restless leg syndrome which will drive you insane.

A higher dose of Benadryl can cause delirium, the extent of which depends on the dose. I have noticed the few times I have taken higher doses, that I do come in and out of this sort of delirium in a way not unlike one comes in and out of an opiate nod, but other than this pseudo-nod Benadryl seems to be able to cause, it feels nothing like an opiate.

fuck yeah, it's intensely euphoric and fun, that's why it's freely available.

in case you didn't notice, i was being sarcastic. by general rule of thumb you can assume that any OTC drug will not be much fun abused.
and all deliriants are potentially dangerous and not fun at all. i tried it once as a teenager, and it wasn't even that high a dosage, it was just weird and unpleasant.
but then again my idea of fun may not be the same as your idea of fun, so by all means go ahead.

Benadryl has very little recreation value unless you want to loose your mind. It has little to zero chance of euphoria also.

Please, whatever you do, do not try opiates if you are asking questions such as this. You sound very young and naive. Opiates aren't something I would recommend to anyone young that may be experimenting with drugs. Leave it for another chapter of your life. Just my .02.

I remember back in high school my friends and I would get super-high off of those Coricidin C "Triple C" tablets... we had ziploc bags lliterally full of them and would just swallow handfulls at a time... I'm lucky to still be alive.

Yeah, they moved that stuff behind the counter now too so don't try that. Plus its not a fun high, its more like an overdose on cold medication with minor hallucinations and crazy thoughts and behaviors. AVOID.

No, no amount of Benadryl will feel like a narcotic. Youll be tired and restless at the same time plus you could get restless legs real bad. They have almost zero recreational value.

Basically Benadryl is better used as a potentiator of opiates, as it is not a opiate itself. Last night I took some and did my usual 20mg of oxy IR and just about fell out of my chair. No, but seriously your better to start slow if you want to do anything because you can always add, but you cant take away sadly.

IV diphen (as in the medical grade stuff made for IV) can cause a rush similar to the rush from morphine and other opiates...for some people...for about 5 seconds, probably less. After that, you just feel tired like you would on oral diphen.

It can cause anxiolytic effects and sedation but there shouldn't be much euphoria and only a mild body high at best. It's also more likely to cause higher BP and agitation than opiates. Just stick to things like oxymorphone for opioid highs.

I had a large dose of IV benadryl once and let me tell you, that shit was ridiculous. I started seeing strange patterns floating through the air and all the lights in the hospital started flickering like some one was playing with a dimmer. Only lasted about 2-3 minutes before i couldn't keep my eyes open.

IV diphen (as in the medical grade stuff made for IV) can cause a rush similar to the rush from morphine and other opiates...for some people...for about 5 seconds, probably less. After that, you just feel tired like you would on oral diphen.

And now we're gonna hear about some idiot shooting benadryl pills and dying.

Been using morphine and H when I can get it for a little under a year, just heard it from a buddy and was asking....... I don't see why everyone on blue light gets so butthurt from questions I mean this is a fucking questions answers and diss cushions site is it not?

ive taken 500, 1000, and 1500mg doses of dramamine (dimenhydrinate- which is half benadryl half caffeine basically), so about 250, 500, and 750mg of benadryl and im @ 6ft. 165lbs. benadryl will make you tired, dramamine a little less so. 250mg of benadryl isnt much, weird feelings, restless leg syndrome (RLS), weird thoughts. 500mg will make you sensitive to sound and make you slip into boughts of thinking your in some other places talking a multitude of people (friends, family -- including dead), will make you possibly see stuff like bugs, wont be able to walk or talk too good, and will give you a nice full body rolling orgasm, though this much delirium might be a little scary. 750mg can be really scary and frustrating, ecspecially in the dark. it has all the above effects, plus the effect that you full on hallucinate shit the entire time to the point it pisses you off cause your thirsty as fuck and grab for a water bottle that isnt there. after a while of using the RLS goes away, atleast for me, and then it can be fun. always start low and work your way up of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.