• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I take methadone while on Suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
Ok so i have been on 8mg/2mg suboxone film daily and recently grabbed couple methadones from someone i know...is it ok to take methadone while being on suboxone for this long at all and will i feel anything?

DO NOT TAKE SUBOXONE IF U ALREADY TOOK METHADONE. YOU NEED TO WAIT ATLEAST 72HRS AFTER UR METHADONE DOSE TO TAKE SUBOXONE OTHERWISE U GO THRU PRECIP W/D. if you took a suboxone , than took methadone that day, chances are nothing will happen or diminished effect of methadone. if u take a sub than methadone u will not feel the effects, but if u take methadone than a suboxone u get deathly sick for hours..some people say wait more then 72hrs after methadone dose to take subs cause of long half life

^^yea the thing is i did not take any methadone at all, i just have them in my posession, i just took my last dose of suboxone last night, so wait 3 days and then take the methadone if i want to feel something correct? or else since i have been on suboxone for over a month i will not feel anything or hardly anything as you said, so i will wait 3 days to take the methadone

^^yea the thing is i did not take any methadone at all, i just have them in my posession, i just took my last dose of suboxone last night, so wait 3 days and then take the methadone if i want to feel something correct? or else since i have been on suboxone for over a month i will not feel anything or hardly anything as you said, so i will wait 3 days to take the methadone

Sell the dones and buy some green, their nothing but trouble right now for you.

bupe to meth or vice versa has to be the hardest transition as far as opiods are concerned. Taking them in conjunction with one another is a definate no no.

dang these comments have me worried about taking any of the methadones i got, i've been on suboxone for more than a month and thought maybe if i quit suboxone for like 3-5 days and take methadone i would feel a high, thats the whole reason i would be takin it is to basically feel a high..i miss the oxy high i know it sounds bad but it just felt so good

You are on subs a month for what reason? To get off opiates right? You're gna miss the opiate high the rest of your life. If you wanna get high then sell the dones and go back to your DOC and go get high again. Subs and Methadone are two drugs you shouldn't be messing with, together or by themselves. Try and stay the path and look forward to getting off the subs asap as WDs from subs suck almost as bad as methadone.

Yes, you're on Suboxone to get sober. But someone needs to answer your quetsion because as I know personally, if I was in your situation and I had those methadones in my hand, then I'm past the point of no return and you need to do this safely.

In my experience, I needed to have not taken suboxone for at least 36 hours before I can feel any sort of high off of opiates. Wait at least that long before you took the methadone. I have done this AT LEAST 30 times and I'm still breathing and fine, though everyone is different. Ususally my opiate was heroin and not methadone, but i did go from subs-methadone using this method 3 or four times. And like that guy up there already said, be sure to leave PLENTY OF TIME in between when you took the methadone to when you go back on suboxone. My rule of thumb was I always waited until i got dopesick again after the methadone wore off, then I'd know I was OK to go back on the subs.

Trust me, you do not want to go into forced withdrawl from the subs. Great way to ruin your day.

Yes, you're on Suboxone to get sober. But someone needs to answer your quetsion because as I know personally, if I was in your situation and I had those methadones in my hand, then I'm past the point of no return and you need to do this safely.

you're never past the point of no return until you've ingested the substance. the toilet is always an option.

personally, i simply do not have that kind of willpower. but hey, at least I know it and avoid those kinds of situations like the plague!

You might not listen but even strong Methadone will be blocked for 1 to 3 days. It is a hard question and a hard lesson.

You will go into withdrawal if you take methadone first then sub, or sub first then methadone. Either way you'll be sick. You need at least 36-48 hours before dosing yourself. 72 hours is optimal but after 48 you should be fine. I think 36 is actually too little, but the withdrawal you go through after 36 hours wont be too bad.

Also I recommend you dump the methadone and get a real opiate. Why even bother with methadone? Unless you are planning on switching from subs to methadone to get clean?

i hve taken suboxone daily, next day skipped my dose and took methadone and got sky high. problem is with chronic methadone users ; ppl who go to clinic or take it for pain, have to wait a lenghty amt of time b4 they can dose suboxone, even if your in methadone WD its still in ur system, alot of ppl get thrown off thinking since there sick its of to take a sub, when in reality they make the fatal mistake by taking a sub and going into a pain precip WD for 8+hrs. my girlfriend is on 30mg methadone, been on it 5 months, she tried going on suboxone, the doctor said she has to go to detox and be off methadone for 5 days before she can dose suboxone. one time she missed her dose in the morning and felt sick, later tha evening she kept bugging me for a suboxone, i warned her she will get sick, instead she called me stingy, so i let her learn herself, gave her 4mg, 20mins later she was sweating through her jeans soaked. crying, in pain for 8hrs..nearly 36hrs off methadone, still had precip WD..i would be safe and give it 5 days off methadone, its normal to feel withdrawl and think u need a sub, but in reality u gotta go thru WD full blown, not until u feel sick, u gotta just suffer it out...

i been a chronic daily user of suboxone for 4 yrs as im on a maintenance program. im Rxed 24mg a day, but i dont need nearly as much, i usually take 8mg in the morning, half a night=12mg...anything more i got irritable and dont feel so good. as one of the above posters said, wait 36hrs before u take an opiate to feel its effects, i beg to differ. i have taken opiates the next day prior to taking suboxone, and have gotten high, methadone in particular, high was not diminished, actually i felt all the great effects, as far as oxy and hydro, i agree the next day i hardly feel shit. heroin/morphine i get high just need a little more than usual but i feel it without diminishment of effects. i go into WD anyways if i dont take my suboxone dose the next day, usually in the evening it kicks in, that tells me im all gold for taking opiates (only heroin morphine and methadone i feel full effects though the next day after)

i been a chronic daily user of suboxone for 4 yrs as im on a maintenance program. im Rxed 24mg a day, but i dont need nearly as much, i usually take 8mg in the morning, half a night=12mg...anything more i got irritable and dont feel so good. as one of the above posters said, wait 36hrs before u take an opiate to feel its effects, i beg to differ. i have taken opiates the next day prior to taking suboxone, and have gotten high, methadone in particular, high was not diminished, actually i felt all the great effects, as far as oxy and hydro, i agree the next day i hardly feel shit. heroin/morphine i get high just need a little more than usual but i feel it without diminishment of effects. i go into WD anyways if i dont take my suboxone dose the next day, usually in the evening it kicks in, that tells me im all gold for taking opiates (only heroin morphine and methadone i feel full effects though the next day after)

I have been on subs for over 2.5 years now and have deviated from my sobriety a lot in that time frame. I have done and tried just about every kind of opiate you can think of while on bupe and I can tell you that the absolute most I have ever gone is 24 hours before trying the other narcotic. Hell, there was a few times when we were getting opana where I would do about 4mg of sub at 1:30pm then bang opana at 3:30pm and get RIPPED! (Like nodding off ripped) and I really don't understand where everyone gets off on this precipitated withdrawals, I've done roxy the night before, woke up and took my subs like no big deal. No sweats. No sickness. No nothing.. And hey people.. While I'm bringing this sermon.. How bout we stop acting like you're too good or some shit because a guy is talking about doing subs and dones close together?? Lets just answer this rad dudes question and give him advice. You wankers don't know what a mile in his shoes looks like no more than I do. ~steps down from soapbox~

This thread is from almost a year ago so I doubt the OP's still reading. I think what people were confused about is if you take Suboxone while maintained on methadone it will give you precipitated withdrawals. However, if you use opioids infrequently while maintained on Suboxone you will not get precipitated withdrawals.

I'm going to close this thread so people don't see it on the front page and assume it's new, but please PM me if you have any concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.