• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine Salts IV Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostCheshireCat

Greenlighter
Hello All--

Got a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to after pouring over the existing BL threads, and using the search engine. So my friend has a bunch of Amphetamine Salts 10mg IR (Generic Adderall--fat pills, blue-ish color) and has recently gotten into IV administration. Knowing that IV'ing any pills are bad, my buddy did a bunch of research before attempting, as there was nobody to learn from face-to-face. Used a method to IV the Amphetamine Salts that seemed to be consistent across many websites & threads. Equipment:

Everything used is new & sterile!

--Alcohol Prep Pads
--2 big 10ml blunt-tip fill syringes (one for mixing & filtering, the other for dispensing in sterile vials)
--Sterile Vials (For storage)
--PVDF .2 micron filters
--Sterile Bacteriostatic Water
--100 unit 29 ga U-100's for administration

Process used:

1.) Crushed about 8 pills finely with mortar & pestle, added to fill syringe #1 with micron filter attached & plunger pulled out.
2.) Added 5ml bacteriostatic water from fill syringe #2 to powder, replaced plunger & shook rapidly for about 2 minutes.
3.) Squeezed solution through syringe with filter into plunger-less fill syringe #2, with fill needle stuck in the sterile vial.
4.) Watched as the solution came out of the micron filter a darker-than-expected blue, but otherwise clear & free of particles. Leery of blue tint, ran through a new micron filter without a change in color.
5.) Replaced plunger & squeezed solution into sterile vial
6.) Filled rig with about 85 units (15mg-ish maybe?) & IV'd successfully, no burning, discomfort, or rush. Mild euphoria. Re-dosed with another 85 units. Slight rush, slightly increased euphoria.

So the questions about this:

--Does this process sound legit/safe? (relative to the unsafe practice of IV'ing pills)
--Is it typical/normal for an Adderall/Amphetamine Salt IV solution to retain a bit of color from the original pills, even after being micron filtered twice?
--Is there any way to find out (or anyone who knows) exactly what is in the solution that made it through 2 micron filters to retain a blue tint and how bad it is to be IV'd?
--Is there a way without using advanced chemistry to produce a clear solution for IV?

Side note, my friend said intranasal is their preferred ROA, but needs to give the sinuses a break from the normal Oxymorphone habit. They also said Adderall IV produces some actual euphoria instead of just getting spun up when insufflated (and at lower doses).

Thanks in advance!

Don't IV Adderall!!!

Even IV Dexedrine (pure Dextroamphetamine Sulphate) is unsafe, and should be only taken orally, sublingually, or rectally.

Only D-Methamphetamine Hcl is safe to IV, I'm not sure why, though. Maybe because it is in the Hcl salt form rather than the sacharate/aspartate/sulfate forms?

Amphetamine has high BA via any ROA. I like to take adderall sublingually; it kicks in quickly and doesn't cause the edginess that sometimes results with insufflation. If you're worried about stomach acidity diminishing the effects, just take some antacids.

Seriously, as Ergic said, don't IV adderall.

I like to take adderall sublingually; it kicks in quickly

Sublingual Adderall kicks in instantly for me, at least the L-amp part does. I feel noticeably more stimulated, alert, etc the moment it touches my sublinugal gland. I've even gotten momentary tinnitus (bellringer?) when placing only 3.75mg Adderall (1/8th of a 30mg IR) under my tongue, probably due to the vasoconstriction from the L-amp?

Adderall is serious business compared to Dexedrine, it actually makes me feel like I'm "on something" due to the heavy PNS stimulation, I have a whole thread about this titled, "How is Levo-amphetamine so powerful and nasty?"

Don't IV Adderall!!!

Seriously, as Ergic said, don't IV adderall.

Okay, are we gonna give any reasons why? Like answering that question asking "exactly what is in the solution that made it through 2 micron filters to retain a blue tint and how bad it is to be IV'd?" I don't mean to sound condescending here, but providing an answer to that, or sharing the knowledge that keeps you guys from IV'ing it and tell others not to do it, would be more constructive than giving a Mr. Mackey-esque "Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?"

I've been IV'ing pure D,L-amphetamine sulphate. It works just fine. It does cause a bit of irritation at the injection site, but very mild. 100mg is the best dosage for amphetamine sulphate IV if you're going for a sweet rush. Meth IV'd gives me no rush, for some strange reason, but amphetamine does.

100mg? i dont know much about amp but that seems very high, especially with adderall. ive take it orally twice and 60mg was much more than enough. wouldn't iv require less? i know the bio availability is very high when taken orally but there is no way IV could be lower availability. correct me if im wrong though, because adderall definitely isnt my area of expertise.

100mg? i dont know much about amp but that seems very high, especially with adderall. ive take it orally twice and 60mg was much more than enough. wouldn't iv require less? i know the bio availability is very high when taken orally but there is no way IV could be lower availability. correct me if im wrong though, because adderall definitely isnt my area of expertise.

Much more than enough for what? I'm talking about the proper dose for a proper intense euphoric rush where your hair feels like it's growing and skin starts crawling. 20mg orally is fine for me if I just want focus and concentration.

Coolio, why have I read over and over on BL that racemic amp sulfate is very unsafe to inject? Are you sure injecting amps in the sulfate and aspartate and sacharate forms are safe? Plain old HCL sounds a lot safer to me, imo. I know nothing about heroin, but isn't it that #3 is uninjectable but #4 (powder) is injectable? The heroin thing is just an example of the same drug in two different forms.

#3 is freebase heroin, and it's perfectly injectable. Heroin #3 is not soluble in water, so you can't cook it up with plain water like heroin #4.

What would be unsafe about injecting amphetamine sulphate? Saying you thought you read something over and over probably just means it's an urban legend, if you don't have any technical facts to back up your opinion.

Okay, are we gonna give any reasons why? Like answering that question asking "exactly what is in the solution that made it through 2 micron filters to retain a blue tint and how bad it is to be IV'd?" I don't mean to sound condescending here, but providing an answer to that, or sharing the knowledge that keeps you guys from IV'ing it and tell others not to do it, would be more constructive than giving a Mr. Mackey-esque "Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?"

Would you expect an explanation if someone tells you not to put your hand on a hot stove? I'd like to think we have common sense enough regarding the dangers of intravenous adderall use that elaboration is not necessary. All of that detailed information is out there, as well as having been covered in other threads.

Ergic- Same here. Within five seconds of sublingual administration I feel like I just had a shot of espresso. Not sure it's not placebo, but I obviously can't be sure. Definitely the best ROA for adderall IMO.

Would you expect an explanation if someone tells you not to put your hand on a hot stove? I'd like to think we have common sense enough regarding the dangers of intravenous adderall use that elaboration is not necessary. All of that detailed information is out there, as well as having been covered in other threads.

Ergic- Same here. Within five seconds of sublingual administration I feel like I just had a shot of espresso. Not sure it's not placebo, but I obviously can't be sure. Definitely the best ROA for adderall IMO.

Why would you compare the injecting of pills (not common public knowledge) with applying one's hand to a hot stove (common knowledge)? IV preparation and injection of pills--last I checked--is tilted more in the favor of "experience and knowledge" as opposed to common sense. My OP was specifically requesting elaboration because I couldn't find that detailed information that's "out there" and "covered in other threads." Some people like a little elaboration so they can make a balanced decision for themselves. If the answer is "IV'ing amphetamine salts will kill you quickly," that would be an easy decision. But if the answer is "IV'ing amphetamine salts can cause health complications and problems years down the road," maybe that person would like to do it a few times, or a few months, but doesn't have the knowledge or experience to make that decision blindly.

Finding out what ingredients make it through the filter could probably be found given enough time and research. I was unable to much detailed information that after a few hours of digging. So I posted here. If someone with experience and a willingness to help could just answer the "Is it normally blue?" part of the question, that would be really appreciated.

Yes, it's normally blue. Micron filters have trouble with dyes and colors, so they are likely to end up in one's final solution. Don't fret; shooting up a blue liquid is prefectly fine. When shooting a cloudy blue liquid, we run into safety issues.

i have tried IVing adderall, most i got out of it was feeling it within 10mins, no rush, felt feignish like i snorted it..not worth it since a 10mg is so big to break down into a small needle when u neeed more then 10mg clearly to get high...plug adderall, thats the best route to go! crush pills and get oral syringe, and squirt all over powder into its a watery mixture, suck into oral syringe, usually 5ML, and squirt. hitss ya within5 mins, lasts so much longer ,and the high isnt feignish like snorting it..it feels cleaner than any other method taken..

^ Listen to this man, he has more experience with Adderall than anyone I know of.

So even if IVing the L-amp portion of Adderall is safe, and that localized "sting" on injection site is probably not a good sign, then opiatekrzy says that it's not even worth the effort, so take it from him. Plugging is almost as good as IV as far as BA and sudden onset, and comes with much less risk.

Yes, it's normally blue. Micron filters have trouble with dyes and colors, so they are likely to end up in one's final solution. Don't fret; shooting up a blue liquid is prefectly fine. When shooting a cloudy blue liquid, we run into safety issues.

Excellent--thank you very much, Dexed! Exactly what I was looking for.

..it feels cleaner than any other method taken..
lmao, Opiatekrzy-- I find it funny that the word you used to describe putting meds up the bum was clean lol.

So even if IVing the L-amp portion of Adderall...
L-amp portion..? Could you elaborate what that is? I'm learning, but I've got a limited knowledge of chemistry/pharmaceuticals. Is this "L-amp portion" present in the generic Amphetamine Salts as well as adderall? The thread is regarding Amphetamine Salts--I'm not sure how similar the two are, is it like different brands of milk--different label, same stuff?

I've been IV'ing pure D,L-amphetamine sulphate. It works just fine. It does cause a bit of irritation at the injection site, but very mild. 100mg is the best dosage for amphetamine sulphate IV if you're going for a sweet rush. Meth IV'd gives me no rush, for some strange reason, but amphetamine does.

...and that localized "sting" on injection site is probably not a good sign...
Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not seeing where anyone mentions a sting.. only Coolio talking about some site irritation (quoted above). Is the "D,L-amphetamine Sulphate" he mentions the same as my buddy's "D-Amphetamine Salts"? 100mg is about what he thinks it would take to get the effect he desires, but can't figure out how to concentrate the mixture down to get 100mg in a 100-unit rig. Any suggestions there? Available equipment includes the 5 and 10-ml barrels but doesn't really help for getting it to fit in a 100-unit rig :?

"Sting" and "irritaton" are synonymous for me in this case. It's not a "good sign" but plenty of things burn/sting when IV'd.

True, Indeed.. Thanks, Coolio--I said that poorly. It's only stung when punching through or sliding out of the vein. When dosing up to 100 mg/shot, how would you concentrate it to fit all 100mg (10 pills for me) into one rig? I've tried filtering with water, then re-filtering more pills with the solution from the last rinse, but the most I could get was like 20mg/shot.. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.