• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naloxone and Naltrexone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveslaine

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever taken these without combination like suboxone?

What was your reaction? How does it feel like? I know it blocks endorphins and opiates, and I want to know if it made you come out of your high and back into reality, plus give you pain by blocking your mu receptors?

Dude NO dont take Naltrexone if opioids still in your blood! I did this TWICE like an IDIOT 50mg tablets and I almost offed myself the misery was so bad. A little slice of HELL called PRECIPITATED withdrawal ... with naltrexone this will last 12-20 hours. It is so fucking horrible that the mental and physical effects switch for #1 spot of misery king.

If you really feel like taking them..i'd say wait at least a full 7 days after your last opi dose..

NOTE: I apply the above to naltrexone oral only. IV naloxone is obviously a life saver and do not wish to detract from naloxone.

Dude NO dont take Naltrexone if opioids still in your blood! I did this TWICE like an IDIOT 50mg tablets and I almost offed myself the misery was so bad. A little slice of HELL called PRECIPITATED withdrawal ... with naltrexone this will last 12-20 hours. It is so fucking horrible that the mental and physical effects switch for #1 spot of misery king.

If you really feel like taking them..i'd say wait at least a full 7 days after your last opi dose..

NOTE: I apply the above to naltrexone oral only. IV naloxone is obviously a life saver and do not wish to detract from naloxone.

I am not. I just feel and know that I have a very high level of endorphins running in my system to the point where I am numb, desensitized, and i am in pain that i dont feel. Im assuming i have lots of mental or emotional pain being covered by vast amounts of endorphins, thats why I need the Naloxone to block the endorphins and stop my depersonalization and allow me to truly feel my pain, and actually cure or heal it. I know that when i take even low dose opiates, I become "normalized", as in I function and operate as a member of the whole population, without them, its feels like i have to lift a large amount of weight to be normal, and I dont understand that.

I want Naloxone in order to cut down my endorphins more, and witness whats underneath all the painkillers, and then allow myself to be sensitized to my natural endorphins again.

The only thing is, I have no way of getting them, and I see it as the resolution. Truely, I enjoy that hell, because from there I know that when its over, Ill be better off. Fuck the endorphins hiding and making me not be able to feel whats going on. Naloxone will be the finality in my internal war.

Google Naloxone OTC, the FDA and the Gov want it otc to stop opiate od's. Cant wait.

Last edited:
I don't think what you are experiencing is due to too many endorphins... you're welcome to try naltrexone if you want to, but I don't think it's what you are looking for (or what you need).

Wait, you want to feel pain?!?

Do not use naloxone or naltrexone! (unless you are in a dangerous overdose situation). This will make you feel much worse! Just wait for the opiates to wear off.

So after reading the edit you added to your post, are you saying that you believe that naloxone or naltrexone will re-set your brain and make you able to feel your own natural endorphins again? It doesn't work that way. It will just painfully rip all the opiates off your receptors and put you in the same state you would be in if you had gone through withdrawal, only much faster.

So after reading the edit you added to your post, are you saying that you believe that naloxone or naltrexone will re-set your brain and make you able to feel your own natural endorphins again? It doesn't work that way. It will just painfully rip all the opiates off your receptors and put you in the same state you would be in if you had gone through withdrawal, only much faster.

Quoted at dpselfhelp.com

"First off, there is a difference between Low Dose Naxalone treatment and normal usage against opiates, which involves much higher doses. The purpose of LDN is actually to increase total endorphin production.

Anyway, the theory is that when animals and people are helpless victims of suffering they release endorphins which bind to opiate receptors to numb the pain. This also has an effect on behavior, it makes animals fearful of anything new and reluctant to make efforts to escape pain. This is related to the phenomena of Learned Helplessness.

The idea behind giving opiate blockers to psychologically troubled people is that by blocking their endorphins from the opiate receptors it will help them to overcome behaviors suited to numbing oneself to inescapable pain, but unsuited to normal living. The idea is that during childhood some people were faced with inescapable pain and adapted to that, this adaption is destructive to them later on. Blocking the endorphins with Naxalone is supposed to help these people overcome patterns of behavior learned during childhood."

Quoted at dpselfhelp.com

"First off, there is a difference between Low Dose Naxalone treatment and normal usage against opiates, which involves much higher doses. The purpose of LDN is actually to increase total endorphin production.

Anyway, the theory is that when animals and people are helpless victims of suffering they release endorphins which bind to opiate receptors to numb the pain. This also has an effect on behavior, it makes animals fearful of anything new and reluctant to make efforts to escape pain. This is related to the phenomena of Learned Helplessness.

The idea behind giving opiate blockers to psychologically troubled people is that by blocking their endorphins from the opiate receptors it will help them to overcome behaviors suited to numbing oneself to inescapable pain, but unsuited to normal living. The idea is that during childhood some people were faced with inescapable pain and adapted to that, this adaption is destructive to them later on. Blocking the endorphins with Naxalone is supposed to help these people overcome patterns of behavior learned during childhood."

That's interesting. So you were thinking of long-term low dose naloxone treatment? This article seems somewhat contradictory, because it says it should increase total endorphin production, but then it says it will block endorphins. It sounds like the idea is to block the endorphins so you don't get pleasure or pain relief from anything, with the theory that you may eventually supposedly learn to cope with your pain?

It may be different from using naloxone or naltrexone to combat opioid overdose, but it doesn't actually sound different from using them as a long-term "treatment" for opioid addiction, like when someone takes pills or gets an implant in order to prevent the ability to get high from opioids. In the experience of people I know it hasn't worked, they feel so depressed they either stop taking the pills or dig the implant out of their arm with a razor blade in desperation. You are certainly welcome to try it though, it's possible you could be one of the people for whom it helps. I really don't know whether one's body might gradually start producing more and more endorphins or grow more receptors to compensate for the fact that the receptors were being blocked. It is an interesting idea. But I certainly would stop taking all opioids for a few days before going on this kind of therapy.

Man i keep a naloxone miniject round for emergencys but i'd never use naltrexone as ive heard it can permenatly ruin opiates for you, which for some could be a useful deterant but imagine if u broke your leg or were in a car accident & in the hospital they shot u with morphine & it didnt work... FUCK THAT

Man i keep a naloxone miniject round for emergencys but i'd never use naltrexone as ive heard it can permenatly ruin opiates for you, which for some could be a useful deterant but imagine if u broke your leg or were in a car accident & in the hospital they shot u with morphine & it didnt work... FUCK THAT

Maybe you are thinking of naloxazone? Naloxazone is permanent. Naltrexone lasts about 4 days. Of course if someone has an implant it is going to last until a few days after the implant is removed. Naloxone only lasts for a short time.

I dunno man, i'm pretty damn sure i read a report on erowid by this guy that came off heroin then went onto methadone then suboxone then just before he got off that he went on naltrexone, then literally months if not years later he did some opiate at all different doses plus another different opiate & it had zero effect.

Perhaps it still had analgesic properties just nothing recreational...

I dunno man, i'm pretty damn sure i read a report on erowid by this guy that came off heroin then went onto methadone then suboxone then just before he got off that he went on naltrexone, then literally months if not years later he did some opiate at all different doses plus another different opiate & it had zero effect.

Perhaps it still had analgesic properties just nothing recreational...

Creepy. People (regardless of whether they've ever taken naltrexone) do often report never being able to get high off opioids like they did when they first started using, even after going months without any, or seeming like they have a high tolerance permanently. I don't know whether that happens more often or to a higher degree in people who have used naltrexone. It could be possible. But it seems unlikely since there has been a lot of criticism of naltrexone therapy for making opioids have a way stronger effect after the person stops taking the naltrexone and a lot of people have OD'd that way. Regardless, I would personally never want to take naloxone or naltrexone unless it was necessary to pull me out of an opioid overdose.

Wikipedia says "Although naltrexone blocks the opioid receptor, it is possible to override this blockade with very high doses of opioids. However this is quite dangerous and may lead to opioid overdose, respiratory depression, and death. Similarly one will not show normal response to opioid pain medications when taking naltrexone. In a supervised medical setting pain relief is possible but will require higher than usual doses, and the individual should be closely monitored for respiratory depression. All individuals taking naltrexone are encouraged to keep a card or a note in their wallet in case of an injury or another medical emergency. This is to let medical personnel know that special procedures are required if opiate-based painkillers are to be used."

I still wouldn't trust that and I wouldn't assume that most doctors would even give you opioids at all while on naltrexone.

I took a vicaprophen while taking naltrexone. Let me tell you - nothing. No effect at all. After about 5 days, it was as if I had never taken naltrexone. Opiates had same effect it had always had.

12-24 hours. Omg. Would have required ER.

Bro. So with you.
I am currently under going this. Small H habit. Quit 4 days ago. Split a 8mg strip 4/2/2 consecutive days. Took 50mg naltrexone pill last night at midnight..within the hour..omg I nearly called for an ambulance. I have kicked cold turkey many times. Nothing and I mean nothing compared to how awful this was. By 5am. My unbearable anxiety began to settle (no benzos y'all). I was coming completely unglued, freezing, heart rate way high, pupils took over entire eye, things flying uncontrollably from every orifice. Was within minutes of calling 911 as the symptoms and intensity kept ramping up.

Managed 2 hours of "sleep" got up, Googled what the fuck just happened...I had no idea. Jesus. It's 18 hours later, feel relatively well. Stomach pain at times. Lethargic. Nose run. But overall much better. Yeah don't do this without heavy sedatives/benzos and maybe an observer. I swear I was strongly considering an ER visit at the peak..about 3 hours in. Bad move. Get clean. Stay clean. Fuck this nonsense

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST.

i've used ultra-low dose naloxone to potentiate dope, and i have a buddy that uses low-dose naltrexone for chronic pain management, he says it works far better than any full agonist and basically gave him his life back. the doses involved in this are tiny, about 5-10 micrograms of naloxone to potentiate a full agonist, not sure the kind of doses my buddy uses in his chronic pain management regimen though (he's also a OG bluelighter so maybe i'll try to talk him into popping in to talk about it).

12-24 hours. Omg. Would have required ER.

Bro. So with you.
I am currently under going this. Small H habit. Quit 4 days ago. Split a 8mg strip 4/2/2 consecutive days. Took 50mg naltrexone pill last night at midnight..within the hour..omg I nearly called for an ambulance. I have kicked cold turkey many times. Nothing and I mean nothing compared to how awful this was. By 5am. My unbearable anxiety began to settle (no benzos y'all). I was coming completely unglued, freezing, heart rate way high, pupils took over entire eye, things flying uncontrollably from every orifice. Was within minutes of calling 911 as the symptoms and intensity kept ramping up.

Managed 2 hours of "sleep" got up, Googled what the fuck just happened...I had no idea. Jesus. It's 18 hours later, feel relatively well. Stomach pain at times. Lethargic. Nose run. But overall much better. Yeah don't do this without heavy sedatives/benzos and maybe an observer. I swear I was strongly considering an ER visit at the peak..about 3 hours in. Bad move. Get clean. Stay clean. Fuck this nonsense

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST.

Stop reviving old threads, you already made a new thread about it
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.