• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opana questions

Alprazolam8129

Bluelighter
I have half of an opana 30 mg it says E 30 on it brown and it looks like a smarty. my boy want to know how can he take it i know its the er version but is it the new formula? Crush and snort? Chew, plug? Somebody help me out please? thanks.

To my knowledge its very difficult to crush and snort the new E's. Honestly, best way to take it is probably orally and just enjoy the mild long lasting feel. I wouldn't recommend attempting the crush and snort, you might waste a perfectly good pill trying.

The new pill cannot be crushed/snorted at all. If it isn't a stopsign (an octagonal shaped pill)...you might as well not even do it.

The new opana's turn into a thin plastic disc when you chew, they do not come apart and kick in a little faster like when you chew an OP 80.

Frankly I don't see any recreational use in the new opanas.

Its turns into a gummy thing.. i wouldn't put it up my nose, just chew and swallow.

It can be snorted, I have done it with both of the new re-formulations. First method, is to cut the pill into four quarters, place in a puddle of water and allow to soak for thirty seconds, then with pliers, and while the pill is still wet, squish the quarters of the pill as flat as possible, the thinner the better. Next, you have to dry it out as best you can, over a lighter or candle works nice. While drying it out try your best to keep it as thin as possible. After it is dried out fairly well, cut it with scissors as fine as possible. Then, you just snort the clippings and let them sit deep in your nose without going down your throat. It is a little uncomfortable, but it is worth it in my oppinion.

Second method, is to use a callus-shaver (not a ped-egg, looks like a hair brush, but on the end of it is a rough metal grinder. I found one at a major grocery store chain, that I don't believe I can name on this site, for 2 dollars). It will take a little effort to shave it all down, shouldn't take more than half an hour for the whole pill though. Once it is all shaved, I mixed a small amount of baking soda or B12 vitamin into the shavings and snorted that.

Baking soda or B12 is so the pill shavings don't gel up as much, I was told B12 works better, but have not tried it.

Last edited:
Also, oxymorphone has a very very low oral bioavailability, swallowing 15 mgs would most likely not be very enjoyable, you probably wouldn't even feel it. Snorting is the best way to go IMO. Most people say 2x as strong as oxycodone, but I have found that it feels like 3x to maybe even 4x as strong

I have a fantasy to learn how to extract the oxymorphone from these. It should be possible to do an isopropyl alcohol extraction quickly, or water extraction using osmosis over days, I believe. The problem with water extractions is figuring out how to get a high enough oxymorphone concentration... I want like 20mg/mL or 30mg/mL.

Also, oxymorphone has a very very low oral bioavailability, swallowing 15 mgs would most likely not be very enjoyable, you probably wouldn't even feel it. Snorting is the best way to go IMO. Most people say 2x as strong as oxycodone, but I have found that it feels like 3x to maybe even 4x as strong
I have read that oral Oxycodone Vs Oral Oxymorphone is 2xs as strong. Insuflated oxymorphone Vs oral Oxycodone is around 4xs as strong .

Last edited:
Yes, I have read a few posts on this forum that said insufflated oxymorphone is around 2x as strong as oral oxycodone, but around 4x seems about right.

Also, the low oral bioavailabilty of oxymorphone has nothing to do with how strong insufflated oxymorphone is compared to oxycodone