• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to separate amphetamine salts from its inactive incgredients - adderall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheysc022285

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting on here, so kinda bear with me. ;)
I am trying to figure out a non-complicated way to separate the amphetamine salts in my adderall from its inactive ingredients (fillers). I particularly want to get rid of the aspartame from the adderall. Is there a way to crush my pills in with water to separate the amphetamine? Does anyone know if the amphetamine salts become water soluble more quickly than the aspartame/other fillers? I know aspartame is water soluble. From what I read about aspartame, It is water soluble at a high temperature and at a certain pH.

Any help in this matter would really be appreciated. The aspartame gives me headaches, and makes me see flashy lights in my peripheral vision. Im not trying to recrystallize the amphetamine salts or anything. I just want to be able to take my adderall without the aspartame...if water is all I need to use to separate the two, then I would just drink my finish product.

I dont know anything about extraction or separation. Thats why I say bear with me. :?

No. You can't do what you are asking. It would take a stocked chemistry lab and a working knowledge of organic chemistry. I'd suggest speaking with your doctor about switching to Dexedrine.

Check to see if there are any generics that don't have aspartame. If it's generic adderall XR then it's all the same since the generics are authorized generics, which means that both active and inactive ingridients are the same as the brand name pill since they are all made together, but labeled differently for each company that is going to distribute it. If it's the IR's then there may be a change that some generics don't use that inactive ingridient.

As for dexedrine, I think there may be a sweetener in them too, so I don't know if they are the same as in adderall, or what. This is something to discuss with your doctor.

As for dexedrine, I think there may be a sweetener in them too, so I don't know if they are the same as in adderall, or what. This is something to discuss with your doctor.

There's absolutely no way these sweeteners could be the same, or at least in the same quantities. Barr's dexedrine IR tabs taste very mildly sweet, enough to actually taste the amphetamine if you are sublingualing it. Adderall, though, is sickeningly sweet. I usually sublingual or ingest an eighth of a Barr generic 30mg Adderall IR tab or less, and it's still so ridiculously sweet. :p

Maybe Shire/Barr/Teva uses this as positive reinforcement, classically conditioning patients/abusers to "want" to take their drugs? I have noticed this with Advil brand ibu tablets as well, it is unethical to condition people like this for a few extra dollars, imo.

OP, you will definitely benefit from switching away from Adderall IR, maybe you can crush the Adderall XR beads instead? I notice that when I chew on Barr Dextroamphetamine ER beads, they have no sweetening agent.

The IR Dexedrine tablets use sucrose, which is plain old table sugar. The Spansules contain several ingredients which might cause sweetness, but none are aspartame.

Indeed.

If Dexedrine doesn't work for you, you need to talk to a doctor about a customized tablet/capsule made at a compounding pharmacy.

I'm going to close this thread. We can't help you separate these ingredients. Talk to you doctor about switching to something other than Adderall.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.