Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Blade Runner 2

I disagree. A lot of Dick's books are bordering on unreadable.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch & the VALIS trilogy are perfect.

Most of his novels, however, while having wonderful ideas, are scattered and somewhat haphazardly structured.

Almost like he doesn't care about them.

His endings are often poor.

He's a great science fiction writer, sure, but calling him one of the greatest authors of our time is a bit of a stretch.

Not sure if you've read all of his novels, or just the classics. But, there's a lot of repetition within his body of work. And many of his novels are, as I said, bordering on the unreadable. There's always something worthwhile, amidst his semi-coherent drug-fuelled ramblings. That's why they *border* on being unreadable. His ideas are amazing. His novels, more often than not, are relatively disatisfying.

(Note: I'm judging him against all contemporary writers, not just science fiction authors.)

after the disappointment that was 'prometheus', i'm not sure how i feel about this news...

alasdair

There is no reason too think it will be anything but shit. Ridley Scott hasn't made a good film since 'Matchstick men'. The Counsellor (his latest, written by Cormac McCarthy) was atrociously directed. Obnoxious celebrities being obnoxious.

What association does this film actually have with the original?

No recurring characters.
No returning cast members.

The only common element is the replicants. And I'm not sure what differentiates them from non-PKD synthetic humanoids.

This isn't Blade Runner.

Just another greedy director, past his prime, selling out his early successes.

Blade Runner is one of these strange movies that has separated itself from its own source material. I think the acting was so iconic and the set design/art production so strong that it really stands as one of the greatest movies ever made.

It really goes to show that the high point of film was the 70s/ early 80s.

Prometheus was a strange movie because Alien was so groundbreaking. Blade Runner is another one of these hard acts to follow. Its like people have lost their minds and want to do remakes of a Clockwork Orange or Godfather Part II. Its film history, you can't go back.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF PHILIP K DICKk
Blade Runner is one of these strange movies that has separated itself from its own source material. I think the acting was so iconic and the set design/art production so strong that it really stands as one of the greatest movies ever made.

Prometheus was a strange movie because Alien was so groundbreaking. Blade Runner is another one of these hard acts to follow. Its like people have lost their minds and want to do remakes of a Clockwork Orange or Godfather Part II. Its film history, you can't go back.
Agree totally.

I agree with FEA, FKD is a hard read, but the the concepts, characters, and settings of his novels are just amazing. Alien was brought up...alien/aliens were one of the best movie/sequel Pairs ever ever, IMHO because the sequel had the ability to stand completely on it's own.

Last edited:

No, it doesn't.

Film, as a medium, has yet to peak.

It is getting better and better every year.