• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Nexus for gibberish of the psychedelicized genius and veritably insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually consider if I should take some less intense tryptamine with a longer duration to enjoy the thunderstorm. DMT is like being in a thunderstorm all by itself.

May I ask what you tripped on?

You may, 'twas psilocybin :). And as for enjoying the thunderstorm I probably would say it's worth doing what you're considering. I could imagine DMT eclipsing the storm during the peak whether you're going for breakthrough hits or not, then again if it lasts long enough (the storm) you might be able to get away with a combo so you could try the DMT while still enjoying things on whatever else you decide to trip on, that is if it wouldn't leave you too knackered by the end of it for work.

Whatever you decide, I look forward to hearing what goes down :D

I don't think we are.

Neither do I for that matter, but still I'd be interested to know what the thoughts are of those that do believe it.

^It means that we possess free will, rationality, and a spiritual nature (unlike all other terrestrial creatures).

I once heard AC/DC's "TNT" and twisted the lyrics so it sounded like "DMT" instead of "TNT"

Why not TMT?

To help get the new thread started, some stunning photos I stumbled today:

6055129924_e458bafe9a_o-620x413.jpg

I love this one!

Just finished up a new track last night, you guys should check it out http://soundcloud.com/kasura/dream-eater

So I'm drinking some red wine and reading Joyce's Dubliners. Having attended catholic school for 15 years, I particularly enjoyed the line at the end of The Sisters, which speaks of the local priest: "Wide-awake, and laughing-like to himself ... So then, of course, when they saw that, that made them think that there was something gone wrong with him ..."

:D

Good news! Mushrooms have started growing where I live and my friend picked a decent amount the other night so I should be tripping this weekend. I love the mushroom season!

Its pretty funny they grow at a local highschool

Tentative comments (second try): The problem with datura tea is that it makes your mouth so darned dry. It's a very neutral headspace, but the mild sedation and lack of focus is all right considering the cost of $0.00, helpful when you're broke and on an involuntary sobriety binge.

Rog said:

I quit during the second chapter of Ulysses and never looked back. Might I be interested in some of his other work? I've been working my way through all the local libraries' Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Hesse, and Kesey (with the odd break for other stuff, of course). Aside from my Biblical readings.

Last edited:
Neither do I for that matter, but still I'd be interested to know what the thoughts are of those that do believe it.

As a pantheist I would argue that "god" is in a (seemingly but the) constant state of dying. Therefore "god" cannot be dead as you are still breathing, and so am I.

I would also have to argue that most of the human beings who have lived and walked the earth existed before "Jesus" therefore "Jesus" or the perception thereof, is irrelevant.

Of course I'm sure your statement was targeted towards Christians or those who believe in "Jesus" - so my opinions are likely not what you're looking for. ;)

^Before Christ as Man, not Christ as Logos.

John 8:58 said:
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."

Well we might as well just go with John 1:1, but whatever.

Splitz said:
If we are made in God's image,
I don't think we are.

i think we're made in the image of god's desire...

this is a thought i've been pondering the last few days, since before i read that^^

if the universe originally was nothingness, and then it exploded because god desired for there to be something (god could be nothingness.... think Taoism.... and void energy =p)

god wanted senses, so he could experience things, so he could exist (because you only truly exist if there are things outside of you that you are experiencing)... so he made creatures with eyes and ears and tongues and noses and fingers and toes and etc

tbph i don't have a firm grasp on the thought at the moment. hopefully soon i'll be able to put better words to it. i do feel that we are made in god's image though.

things that exist are imperfect. perfection only exists in the mind. the base form of the universe might be consciousness though, eh?

I would also have to argue that most of the human beings who have lived and walked the earth existed before "Jesus"

i think that might actually be false. 7billion people is a lot of people. i can't find any conclusive facts on it though...

as points of reference though: there were probably no more than 300million humans alive while jesus was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population_estimates

hmmmmmmmm actually we would need to use calculus and check the area under the curve before and after 0AD, eh? i forget how to do that :D

Last edited:
i think we're made in the image of god's desire...

this is a thought i've been pondering the last few days, since before i read that^^

if the universe originally was nothingness, and then it exploded because god desired for there to be something (god could be nothingness.... think Taoism.... and void energy =p)

god wanted senses, so he could experience things, so he could exist (because you only truly exist if there are things outside of you that you are experiencing)... so he made creatures with eyes and ears and tongues and noses and fingers and toes and etc

This is a cool thought. I've explored the same idea before. Except, I don't call the desirous nothingness "God", because labeling something implies that it exists. The way I view it, the desire for existence as a sentient life form is like an inherent quality of nothingness, like a law of physics or something.

things that exist are imperfect. perfection only exists in the mind.

Hm. I've got it the other way around. Imperfection only exists in the mind, reality is eternal and boundless perfection. This is a belief that was developed as part of a pragmatic philosophy, though. In other words, I found it not by searching for the objective truth, but by trying to practice a form of meditation, inspired by Taoism. Ultimately, I found it easier to sustain meditation when I could "realize" that imperfection was an illusion, thereby forming a deep trust in all things, and no desire to change them.

But, long before I was interested in meditation, I also arrived at the idea of eternal and boundless perfection in search of truth. How can you measure the objective perfectness of something? Normally, when something is described as "perfect", it is supposed to be as good as good gets. A perfect pie is the best pie that can possibly be eaten, better than good, better than great. But the goodness of a pie is measured by human beings, and what pleasure they find in consuming the pie, which is very subjective and varies from person to person, with their unique pie preferences.

But, if you want to measure the objective, trans-human perfection of reality, how do you it? I looked toward the laws of nature, and how the material world behaves. The amount of energy in the universe is always perfectly preserved, with no energy ever created nor destroyed. The speed of light in a vacuum is a perfect constant, never wavering. Etc.

thereby forming a deep trust in all things, and no desire to change them.

that can be a dangerous state of mind. the old "face-to-face with a man-eating tiger" argument.

The speed of light in a vacuum is a perfect constant, never wavering. Etc.

i'm not sure this definition of the word "perfect" applies here. consider the possibility that if the speed of light were slightly different there might actually be more total happiness in the universe. imo the reason that anything exists at all is so that happiness/pleasure can exist. therefore imo the measure of perfection should actually be based on human reactions.

But the goodness of a pie is measured by human beings, and what pleasure they find in consuming the pie, which is very subjective and varies from person to person, with their unique pie preferences.

is it possible that not ALL value judgments are based purely on opinion? pleasure feels good and pain hurts, de facto, no?

certain highly mentally refined individuals might be able to alter that rule, but idk for sure as i have never done it myself.

my opinions on this situation just because ungrounded lol. very unsure at the moment. :)

vague thought: somehow the creation of the universe seems to imply that somethingness is indeed better than nothingness. is this the basis of all value judgments?

that can be a dangerous state of mind. the old "face-to-face with a man-eating tiger" argument.

Yes, it very much can. An enormous problem with modern thinking, however, is that it over-stresses the potential dangers of infinite trust, but it deeply undervalues its applications.

I find that the infinite-trust thing works really well for situations that necessitate being able to think clearly, but quickly. Situations that require you to use your instincts and intuitions to quickly process a lot of information in a short amount of time, rather than being able to sit in an armchair and ponder things at your leisure.

Driving a car is a perfect example. When you're driving, you are constantly encountering situations that are immediately threatening. If you don't properly assess your surroundings, and make a snap judgment (about when to merge onto the freeway, for instance), you are putting your life in danger. You don't have endless time to ponder driving maneuvers at your leisure. I find that I make much better judgments on the road, and am a much better driver in general, if I deeply trust myself to drive safely, which relieves me of the desire to drive safely, because I know that I will drive safely without even trying.

The key here is intention. The intention, or the will to do something, often paradoxically disrupts your ability to succeed, especially when it involves an agile mind. It doesn't have to be a high-risk situation like driving, either. Throwing away the will to create music encourages musical creativity, for instance.

vague thought: somehow the creation of the universe seems to imply that somethingness is indeed better than nothingness. is this the basis of all value judgments?

Yes! Anything that DOES exist, does so because its existence is better than not. Things exist because they should. Hence, everything is exactly the way it should be, and no less. This is the realization of the "boundless perfection" which I was describing earlier.

nightwatch said:
imo the reason that anything exists at all is so that happiness/pleasure can exist.

We live in a really shitty universe if that's the purpose of it all. I'll keep my spirituality and mystical mumbo-jumbo, and you can go build yourself a Brave New World.

is it possible that not ALL value judgments are based purely on opinion?

I consider nihilism the logical extension of pure rationalism (but then the nihilist can cancel out his own belief by realizing objectivity is as meaningless as everything else). Otherwise it's usually just people copping out and coming up with flimsy excuses to believe in their biological or societal programming without question.

Also, even if we assume we should take some values as self-evident, we haven't made much progress. Depending on which values any person or group emphasizes, their moral paradigms will look completely different from, and may even be utterly incompatible with that of their neighbor who has the same values but prioritizes them in a different order. Then we're left with extreme moral/cultural relativism.

Jesusgreen; stop trespassing and taking pictures of my property :p

Subscribed, sorry I don't have much to add at the moment.

Jesusgreen; stop trespassing and taking pictures of my property :p

You didn't even think to let me in your secret base? :(

I think I'm becoming alarm immune. I set I think, 2 alarms today, I woke up to the first, then set the alarms later and went back to sleep pretty much subconsciously without knowing what I was doing, then did that again, and again, and again, and finally woke up exactly when I was supposed to be leaving for the pub. At least I'd decided to go fairly early though, so I've still got plenty of time.

To the pub it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.